Starking Automatic - Page 24
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Starking Automatic

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 275
  1. #231
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lincoln UK
    Posts
    27

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Just a quick one :(

    The testing was going so well. The watch was keeping within a second or so a day (left crown up at night) and then it was New year's day...........and you can probably guess the next part. Dazy head in the morning and the only non deployant or bracelet watch I have and as I entered the kitchen I dropped it, it hit the tiles and now it is running about 2 mins fast a day (working off about 5 secs per hour.)

    As it isn't 5 secs per minute I am assuming that the regulator has slipped on the impact rather than a Seiko-like hairspring problem. So it is now sat off my wrist waiting for it to wind down so I can have a good look at the hairspring before trying to re-regulate it :(

    On the off chance someone might know on this movement, seeing as there are no +/- markings.......is + left and - right (meaning moving the lever right for the non existent pointer to move left etc.) or other way round.

    Sods law. I bought a new dial and new ETA hands on New years eve (from the far east.) Was going so well. lol

    And if I get it within a few seconds again it is going on a deployant :) Don't like traditional buckle straps.

  2. #232
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lincoln UK
    Posts
    27

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by Brightling007 View Post
    This is the AM0184 dial...Attachment 13678909

    The TM 0915 is about 3-4mm larger...
    Hello, can I ask how you got the dial out from the case? Is it a front loader? And how did you open the front? Is it unscrew or push fit or??? Any advice would be helpful and deeply appreciated.

  3. #233
    Member Brightling007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,425

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNeedle View Post
    Hello, can I ask how you got the dial out from the case? Is it a front loader? And how did you open the front? Is it unscrew or push fit or??? Any advice would be helpful and deeply appreciated.
    Sure, this works best:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cymi...AbTest=ae803_5

    To remove the front bezel together with the glass. On the 0915 it is not a separate part though, even though it looks the same, the only thing that can be removed is the glass. There I have used compressed air on the crown tube. The 0184 though has a snap fit front bezel.

    The first ones though, when I didn't have the tool yet, I used a French opinel knife and a bench vice, this provides a high force yet controlled manner of prying in between the two parts.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #234
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lincoln UK
    Posts
    27

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by Brightling007 View Post
    Sure, this works best:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cymi...AbTest=ae803_5

    To remove the front bezel together with the glass. On the 0915 it is not a separate part though, even though it looks the same, the only thing that can be removed is the glass. There I have used compressed air on the crown tube. The 0184 though has a snap fit front bezel.

    The first ones though, when I didn't have the tool yet, I used a French opinel knife and a bench vice, this provides a high force yet controlled manner of prying in between the two parts.
    Many thanks. Following your advice (OK not so much) I was too eager to change it to buy the item from Ali or even a UK source. So i used a stanley blade to run round the bezel, which gave me a gap, then I used a knife out of my cheapo watch repair kit that should be used for trying to get push fit backs off and then started working on it.

    "Brushed" the whole case and bezel with some P800 wet/dry as the polished look wouldn't go with the almost Sinn look I am going for. Rodico to remove all the metal "dust" Then the new dial and hands added. then used 2 pieces of maple and a 6" clamp to press the bezel back in.

    Looks amazing. Will follow with pictures when I can find my camera.

    And the watch is back to +3-4s per day at the moment, almost cancelled out at night crown up. That is if I take it off at midnight. I have a habit of staying up for too long and then the "crown up" only gets a few hours.
    Chascomm and Brightling007 like this.

  6. #235
    Member ronkatct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Posts
    982

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Wearing black beauty today. Changed out the light brown strap for a Black strap, giving the all black sleek look.

    Name:  20190311_154540_resized.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  143.3 KB

  7. #236
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Hello all,

    First of all I will introduced myself.
    I’m Tiemen and I’m living in the Netherlands.
    In the past I had nothing with watches, but about a year ago something change ;)

    A couple months ago I search on Alieexpress and after reading a lot of comments (and watching on YouTube) I decided too buy a cheap watch (I’m a student Theology, so I don’t have a big wallet ;) and it’s a Starking AM0184.

    The first one was a DOA, and after a short conversation with the seller I get new one.
    This one was oke.

    I downloaded the app Toolwatch, because I wanna know the accuracy of the watch.
    This are the measurements from one week:
    Sunday +15 (wearing the watch for 15 hours)
    Monday +17 (wearing the watch for 15 hours)
    Thursday +19 (wearing the watch for 16.15 hours)
    Wednesday +18 (wearing the watch for 16.5 hours)
    Thursday +16 (wearing the watch for 16.75 hours)
    Friday +20 (wearing the watch for 14.75 hours)
    Saturday +18 (wearing the watch for 12.75 hours)

    Power reserve is 34 hours, not a bad score I think.

    I wanna try too make the slower the watch, so I will order some tools.
    I never work on a watch, but I’ve two watches.
    The DOA watch is a testwatch ;)

    How can I slower the watch?
    Some watches have a + and -, but not this one.
    When I have a good understanding from how it’s work, the spiral on the balanswheel must become longer too make the watch slower.
    So, the both ‘levers’ from the compass (?) move towards each other will make the watch run slower, move from each other will make the watch run faster.
    Is this correct?

    (excuses for my bad English)

  8. #237
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    208
    Hey guys, does anyone know what movement is in the Starting automatic AMO184? Someone told me it's a seagull movement buy I haven't been able to find out anything on aliexpress

  9. #238
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    208
    I have seen mine be about +12s after the first day and +12 to +15 after that for days two and three. What's everyone else seeing?

  10. #239
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by MS_original View Post
    I have seen mine be about +12s after the first day and +12 to +15 after that for days two and three. What's everyone else seeing?
    See the post above for mine Starking

    Staking say's they have their own movements, but i'm not sure aboutt that

  11. #240
    Member Brightling007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,425

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiemen View Post
    Hello all,

    First of all I will introduced myself.
    I’m Tiemen and I’m living in the Netherlands.
    In the past I had nothing with watches, but about a year ago something change ;)

    A couple months ago I search on Alieexpress and after reading a lot of comments (and watching on YouTube) I decided too buy a cheap watch (I’m a student Theology, so I don’t have a big wallet ;) and it’s a Starking AM0184.

    The first one was a DOA, and after a short conversation with the seller I get new one.
    This one was oke.

    I downloaded the app Toolwatch, because I wanna know the accuracy of the watch.
    This are the measurements from one week:
    Sunday +15 (wearing the watch for 15 hours)
    Monday +17 (wearing the watch for 15 hours)
    Thursday +19 (wearing the watch for 16.15 hours)
    Wednesday +18 (wearing the watch for 16.5 hours)
    Thursday +16 (wearing the watch for 16.75 hours)
    Friday +20 (wearing the watch for 14.75 hours)
    Saturday +18 (wearing the watch for 12.75 hours)

    Power reserve is 34 hours, not a bad score I think.

    I wanna try too make the slower the watch, so I will order some tools.
    I never work on a watch, but I’ve two watches.
    The DOA watch is a testwatch ;)

    How can I slower the watch?
    Some watches have a + and -, but not this one.
    When I have a good understanding from how it’s work, the spiral on the balanswheel must become longer too make the watch slower.
    So, the both ‘levers’ from the compass (?) move towards each other will make the watch run slower, move from each other will make the watch run faster.
    Is this correct?

    (excuses for my bad English)
    If you don't have means to check the beat error then better not touch it. This is not a seiko, on which the speed is easily set separately from the beat error. On the starking you can barely set the levers separately.

    I'm in Hilversum, so if you need help/instructions, just let me know...

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?
      By PowerEdge in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 27
      Last Post: July 6th, 2018, 04:29
    2. Starking AM0217
      By aageon in forum Chinese Mechanical watches
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: December 12th, 2017, 10:01
    3. Replies: 8
      Last Post: January 24th, 2017, 04:16
    4. FS: Uhr-Kraft automatic/GMT (automatic and huge!)
      By Or Ology in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: May 18th, 2008, 11:52
    5. Italian Sbs Automatic Pvd Military Watch Italian Sbs Automatic Pvd Military Watch
      By ecalzo in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: August 22nd, 2007, 13:18

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •