Starking Automatic - Page 4
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Starking Automatic

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

Re: Starking Automatic

Decorated Dixmont Guangzhou DG4813 (28,800 beats) drop-in replacement for DG2813. I wonder if they sell an unbranded version?

HereComesTheBOOM likes this.
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

Quote Originally Posted by beagles View Post
    Thanks to everybody. I ordered the Starking AM0184 from ALI. I will post some pics when arrives.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    I did some Googling, and they mention a similar movement in replica forums. They call it an Asian 2813 HiBeat (25J) or A2813 HiBeat. No one seems to know whether it's the same as a DG4813, but it doesn't seem to have the Dixmont crown under the balance wheel. The DG2813 is actually a 22J movement, although the 2813s are commonly called 21J, lumping them in with the Miyota 8215. The A2813 HiBeat is advertised as 25J, but this may just be some sort of shorthand for 28,800, as all the 2824-2 clones claim 25 Jewels. The trade-off in upregulating a 2813 type movement to 4Hz seems to be a loss of power reserve, which drops into the 30 hour range.

I would love to know what the power reserve is of the AM0184.

Power reserve is almost inexistent on mine. Less than 10 hours.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blakadder View Post

10 hours is awful! Did you fully handwind it to reach that PR time?

My Guanqin has a DG2803 (Day/Date version), and it hits in the 40-42 hour range, as advertised. For me, 30 hours is a bare minimum, and 40 hours or more is where I'm more comfortable. I don't see the point of owning a mechanical watch that can't last over a day without winding.
    Last edited by HoustonReal; April 2nd, 2018 at 03:34.
    Chascomm and joepac like this.

Quote Originally Posted by blakadder View Post

On mine power reserve is more than 30 hours... haven't checked but is for sure more than a day and half...

I have buyed another one.. a white dial one...

Name:  DSC_1478.JPG
Views: 1211
Size:  256.2 KB
    BalooSD and HereComesTheBOOM like this.
    "Happiness is only real when shared"

Smile Re: Starking Automatic

Ordered one of these watches just over 2 weeks ago and today it arrived. Very impressed with .........s, this was my first order with them one of many to follow I think, no I know as I have already ordered another watch.

This is the one I chose: AM0184 Silver Brown Leather Strap (Sorry I can't post a link) and as of now after wearing it most of the day I am quite impressed. For just under £36 delivered in the UK it looks as if it will shape up to being a great watch!

Things I like about it are the fact that it allows hand winding, hacks and is a three handed plus date complication high beat rate movement. You just have to look at the way the second hand moves to see the smooth effect of the beat rate. As for how it will fair in the short, medium and long term? Watch this space! I don't have a timegrapher, so it is going to be run against a couple of electronic clocks that sync to the Rugby time signal for now. I will confess here to be a bit of a fan of the Chinese, in my working life I commissioned and purchased custom computer equipment for a number of clients and guess what? 99.5% of the suppliers were based in Hong Kong and Mainland China! As long as you got the specs right and checked the supplier carefully, you could get great products at the right price. My thoughts are quite simple, as long as the watch purchase is around or below £50 delivered to me in the UK, then I am usually quite happy, if it fails within the year or is DoA, if I can get my money back or a replacement then I am happy to use the parts or whatever to look at and learn. I can fix most mechanical clocks, at least the simple things and a watch works on many of the same principles, just smaller! And with most things I find the more I practice the better I get.

I don't have a timegrapher right now, but I have the parts and the software to build one over time. As a software professional I don't use an iPhone or an Android Phone right now, you can laugh at my Windows Phone but as of now I don't care! It makes calls, sends texts and WhatsApp messages has a decent Sat Nav and I switch off most of the bits that allow people to track me, so I am happy. So same as I am with this watch and a few other Chinese Specials, for the price of a Chinese takeaway I get something that maybe lasts a bit longer!

More to follow Jim
    Retired!! W O R K is a four letter word!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ObiWonWD40 View Post
    Ordered one of these watches just over 2 weeks ago and today it arrived. Very impressed with .........s, this was my first order with them one of many to follow I think, no I know as I have already ordered another watch.

This is the one I chose: AM0184 Silver Brown Leather Strap (Sorry I can't post a link) and as of now after wearing it most of the day I am quite impressed. For just under £36 delivered in the UK it looks as if it will shape up to being a great watch!

Things I like about it are the fact that it allows hand winding, hacks and is a three handed plus date complication high beat rate movement. You just have to look at the way the second hand moves to see the smooth effect of the beat rate. As for how it will fair in the short, medium and long term? Watch this space! I don't have a timegrapher, so it is going to be run against a couple of electronic clocks that sync to the Rugby time signal for now. I will confess here to be a bit of a fan of the Chinese, in my working life I commissioned and purchased custom computer equipment for a number of clients and guess what? 99.5% of the suppliers were based in Hong Kong and Mainland China! As long as you got the specs right and checked the supplier carefully, you could get great products at the right price. My thoughts are quite simple, as long as the watch purchase is around or below £50 delivered to me in the UK, then I am usually quite happy, if it fails within the year or is DoA, if I can get my money back or a replacement then I am happy to use the parts or whatever to look at and learn. I can fix most mechanical clocks, at least the simple things and a watch works on many of the same principles, just smaller! And with most things I find the more I practice the better I get.

I don't have a timegrapher right now, but I have the parts and the software to build one over time. As a software professional I don't use an iPhone or an Android Phone right now, you can laugh at my Windows Phone but as of now I don't care! It makes calls, sends texts and WhatsApp messages has a decent Sat Nav and I switch off most of the bits that allow people to track me, so I am happy. So same as I am with this watch and a few other Chinese Specials, for the price of a Chinese takeaway I get something that maybe lasts a bit longer!

More to follow Jim
    Nice, I am liking mine also... Bloody bargain for the price paid!

Hi,

I also bought this watch (for $38) and I thought of sharing my experience. Eventually I got 2 of them, the first one was DoA. It was really weird, the second hand moved normally but the minute&hour hands stood still. I arranged for a replacement. The new one is slightly different, it has a darker brown and longer strap, and it has an "SK" stamp under the balance wheel (the first didn't have anything there). Sadly, this one isn't perfect either, the hack doesn't work. I can live with it, I don't bother askng for yet another one.
    The accuracy out of the box is +21 sec/day. The power reserve is exactly 30 hours.
    Overall I'm satisfied with it, it is a good value for the money. I has a nice finish and it certainly doesn't feel cheap. On the negative side, when you buy this kind of watches you must accept that factory quality control is virtually nonexistent.

Cheers,
    wst
    ohhenry1, Chascomm and Ipse like this.

I am new at the forum and i am about to buy my first mechanical watch. i am considering to buy one of these three watches : Starking AM0184 , Guanqin GJ16034 (Seiko NH36a movement) and cadisen c1009(miyota 8215). Which one is more prefearrable in terms of build quality and movement accuracy. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mrygn View Post
    I am new at the forum and i am about to buy my first mechanical watch. i am considering to buy one of these three watches : Starking AM0184 , Guanqin GJ16034 (Seiko NH36a movement) and cadisen c1009(miyota 8215). Which one is more prefearrable in terms of build quality and movement accuracy. Thanks in advance.
    If it is going to be your first mechanical watch, I would strongly advise against the Starking. It’s simply too hit or miss. You could get a great one, or you could be severely frustrated with a defective one. My Cadisen C-1009 looks and works great, but I’d recommend the Guanqin since the Seiko movement in that one also has hacking (stop seconds function when setting the time), which will allow for greater accuracy and probably be more satisfying (Miyota in the Cadisen does not have that function). That Guanqin model has been very popular of late, and I haven’t heard a single bad thing about it, so I think that would be your best bet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information