Starking Automatic - Page 7
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Starking Automatic

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 275
  1. #61
    Member HereComesTheBOOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    343

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Awesome thread. I haven't seen this model mentioned here yet but I've been eye-baling the AM0187. But then I'm wondering if the Cadisen C1032 with a Seiko NH36A movement (50 bukcs on GB flash-sale right now) wouldn't be a saver bet. Both have very similar specs besides the movement

    Thoughts anyone?

    Starking AM0187:

    Name:  product-image-254614589_28a1b319-8af5-435c-b784-a1a1cf0dc643.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  37.8 KB

    Cadisen C1032:

    Name:  1525649347815560618.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  14.4 KB
    Ale De Alis likes this.

  2. #62
    Member Ale De Alis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    342

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheBOOM View Post
    Awesome thread. I haven't seen this model mentioned here yet but I've been eye-baling the AM0187. But then I'm wondering if the Cadisen C1032 with a Seiko NH36A movement (50 bukcs on GB flash-sale right now) wouldn't be a saver bet. Both have very similar specs besides the movement

    Thoughts anyone?
    I've just ordered the AM0184 but I think Cadisen assembles terrific watches for the price. I couldn't resist the low price (€ 32) and the high beat movement. With the C1032 you can't go wrong. It's a well known movement while Starking as a manufacturer is a newbie
    Last edited by Ale De Alis; August 31st, 2018 at 00:14.
    HereComesTheBOOM likes this.

  3. #63
    Member Brightling007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Starking Automatic

    NH36A is much more stable and much more constant quality as a Starking. I don't find the day indication very elegant on such a watch though...
    HereComesTheBOOM likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #64
    Member Marrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,250

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by Brightling007 View Post
    NH36A is much more stable and much more constant quality as a Starking. I don't find the day indication very elegant on such a watch though...
    I just got a white dialed one for a review and my wife fell in love with it so I gave it to her, however after a few hours she told me it stopped.
    I realized the barrel slips and unwinds. Since you have had experience dismantling these, is it possible to fix it and what kind of locking system do they use to lock the barrel from unwinding?

  6. #65
    Member Brightling007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Starking Automatic

    There is a small finger with u spring next to the balance wheel bridge, a little hidden. I'll post a picture to point out the position later on. There's a chance though it unwinds from the other end and some gears are damaged.

  7. #66
    Member Marrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,250

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by Brightling007 View Post
    There is a small finger with u spring next to the balance wheel bridge, a little hidden. I'll post a picture to point out the position later on. There's a chance though it unwinds from the other end and some gears are damaged.
    Thanks I do hope it's not the gears

    Sent from my SLA-L22 using Tapatalk

  8. #67
    Member HereComesTheBOOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    343

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by Ale De Alis View Post
    I've just ordered the AM0184 but I think Cadisen assembles terrific watches for the price. I couldn't resist the low price (€ 32) and the high beat movement. With the C1032 you can't go wrong. It's a well known movement while Starking as a manufacturer is a newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightling007 View Post
    NH36A is much more stable and much more constant quality as a Starking. I don't find the day indication very elegant on such a watch though...

    Thanks for your input gentleman. So far I've managed to resist buying anything at all though. The low prices are really tempting me, but on the other hand I know money is going to be a little tight for a while, so I'm trying to hold on to it and save up some more until I come across something I really really like.

    Still hoping to find something minimalistic that really speaks to me with a black case and some lume, possibly even a solar powered radio controlled quartz instead of an automatic as I keep going back and forth between those.

  9. #68
    Member Brightling007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by Marrin View Post
    Thanks I do hope it's not the gears

    Easy to check, when the hands move fast along with the unwinding then the gears are (mostly) good, but when the hands are frozen or just shake them the gears are damaged for sure.

  10. #69
    Member Ipse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Frozen Canada
    Posts
    419

    Re: Starking Automatic

    For those who ordered the AM0184, is the seller just yanking our chain or what?
    "Oh, I wasn't here to know if we have stock" "Will ship if we have stock"....all kind of suspicious excuses for not honoring the sale price. WTH?
    It's time...

  11. #70
    Member Ipse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Frozen Canada
    Posts
    419

    Re: Starking Automatic

    Bump...don't hide, I know you ordered it

    PS. Seller is the official Starking store.
    Last edited by Ipse; September 9th, 2018 at 20:05.
    It's time...

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Seiko Automatic Dive SKX031K2 vs Invicta Automatic Dive 8926?
      By PowerEdge in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 27
      Last Post: July 6th, 2018, 04:29
    2. Starking AM0217
      By aageon in forum Chinese Mechanical watches
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: December 12th, 2017, 10:01
    3. Replies: 8
      Last Post: January 24th, 2017, 04:16
    4. FS: Uhr-Kraft automatic/GMT (automatic and huge!)
      By Or Ology in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: May 18th, 2008, 11:52
    5. Italian Sbs Automatic Pvd Military Watch Italian Sbs Automatic Pvd Military Watch
      By ecalzo in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: August 22nd, 2007, 13:18

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •