Thin movement watches
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chascomm

Thread: Thin movement watches

Thin movement watches

There were two thin movements. One is Diamond's "B" type 17 jewels movement of 3.75mm thickness, and another is Beijing's standard 17 jewels movement of 3.7mm thickness. The "B" movement has a higher accuracy(+,-25 s/d) than the standard movement and was awarded a silver medal of national quality products.

Shanghai developed a 35 jewels automatic movement based on this "B" movement. This 35 jewels movement is found in many "international" brands watches, and is of very good quality.

The Yan Shan is also a Beijing made watch brand. These watches resemble some of the top brand watches in style. :-D
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Thin movement watches

That's a very classy Diamond Unusual to see a pie-pan dial in such a modern watch, but it would certainly make the watch appear even thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm
    That's a very classy Diamond Unusual to see a pie-pan dial in such a modern watch, but it would certainly make the watch appear even thinner.
    You mentioned in another thread a Zhonglex, but I think this one should be a Zuanpatek P. The Yanshan should be a Yan V.C.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This Baoshihua is also a nice looking watch. A young Shanghai lady. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by soviet
    This Baoshihua is also a nice looking watch. A young Shanghai lady. :-D
    And very elegant she it too Is Baoshihua still a current brand?
    jopex likes this.

And very elegant she it too Is Baoshihua still a current brand?
    Unfortunately, no more Baoshihua brand watches. This is called Chinese Titoni. A similar Titoni watch was sold for about 300% of the price of a Baoshihua in the 1970's.

Titoni was one of the most popular Swiss brands in the 1950-70's, but it seems few people in the west know about this brand. A Titoni watch was not much cheaper than a Rolex or Omega in China in those days.

I did not realize this is a thin movement until I measured it. It looks the same as a standard movement but it is 0.5mm thinner(3.7mm vs 4.2 mm).

Quote Originally Posted by soviet
    I did not realize this is a thin movement until I measured it. It looks the same as a standard movement but it is 0.5mm thinner(3.7mm vs 4.2 mm).
    This is the 17 jewel ZBJ, which is later than the 20 jewel ZB-1? When did production start of the 17 jewel? And is there a standard thickness Beijing standard movement?

This is the 17 jewel ZBJ, which is later than the 20 jewel ZB-1? When did production start of the 17 jewel? And is there a standard thickness Beijing standard movement?
    I have a Beijing SZB-1 model watch that says 17 jewels on the dial. This watch should have been made since 1973-1974.
    Another Great Wall brand watch made by Beijing Nr. 2 Watch factory also has a SZB-1 movement, it also says 17 jewels on the dial. They look like 4.2mm standard movement, but I did not measure them. The watches are thicker though.

I don't know when this thin 17 jewels movement was made. Probably around 1980's. I think those 20 jewels Shuang Ling watches were made earlier.

I don't understand why so many factories made so many brands with the same movements. Maybe some brands used secondary grade movements?

Thread Information