Two watces with SB5 movements

Thread: Two watces with SB5 movements

Two watces with SB5 movements

Here are two uncomon watches with Beijing SB5 movements. SB5 was a modefied SB-2 movement that was made on an imported Swiss Enicar production line.
    Guangzhou's SB5 movement is slightly different as I tried to replace a second hand shaft with a Beijing SB5's but it would not fit.
    The Mudan(peony) was made by Luoyang Watch Factory in Nenan province. These are less common early products by both factories.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Two watces with SB5 movements

Quote Originally Posted by soviet
    Here are two uncomon watches with Beijing SB5 movements. SB5 was a modefied SB-2 movement that was made on an imported Swiss Enicar production line.
    Guangzhou's SB5 movement is slightly different as I tried to replace a second hand shaft with a Beijing SB5's but it would not fit.
    The Mudan(peony) was made by Luoyang Watch Factory in Nenan province. These are less common early products by both factories.
    That Mudan dial looks a bit strange. It is very clean but some of the text is smudged. Could it be a redial or restoration? How old is it?

That Guangzhou is an interesting watch. I'm glad that Guangzhou-Dixmont still produce some watches with that cool logo How strange that the SB5 movements doe not have interchangeable parts. I guess the production lines were set up slightly differently i.e. the fine adjustments on the tools were different due to simple human error.

Re: Two watces with SB5 movements

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm
    That Mudan dial looks a bit strange. It is very clean but some of the text is smudged. Could it be a redial or restoration? How old is it?

That Guangzhou is an interesting watch. I'm glad that Guangzhou-Dixmont still produce some watches with that cool logo How strange that the SB5 movements doe not have interchangeable parts. I guess the production lines were set up slightly differently i.e. the fine adjustments on the tools were different due to simple human error.
    I like the Guangzhou style better. The pan-pie dial is simple and elegant. I may just swap a Beijing's SB5 movement for my watch. I am not sure of the Mudan dial. I have a very rare Beijing Mudan with a similar dial, but is marked Beijing. Luoyang is famous for its peony flowers so that Beijing might give up the right of Mudan brand to Luoyang. But many TV sets made in Beijing still used Mudan brand back in the 1980's.:-D

Thread Information