Tyre St6
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By HoustonReal
  • 1 Post By Chascomm

Thread: Tyre St6

Tyre St6

I've recently picked up a Pagani 1617 ( Tag Aquaracer homage) for cheap. After ravenously opening the package i took er apart. The listing said he couldn't change the time, I hoped it was a stem problem but the intermediate wheel that changes the time was stripped. It has the Seagull St-6 in it. Hacking and hand-winding? I'm sold on it! I didn't think any Chinese movements were hacking. Obviously since its Chinese it's cheaper to just get another one. I found a brand new one for $16-17 popped it on and aside from the fact that I can't screw down the crown because it'll stop it's prefect right out of the gate. I can't fix it yet because i dont have the proper nips or hypo cement.

So I want to get another to put in another case i have but I'm not sure what dials fit it. Will a DG 2813 dial fit it? It looks line they have similar dial screw patterns. But also i was looking and it kind of looks like a miyota dial will fit. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

Bunker Hill Village, Texas, United States

Re: Tyre St6

Quote Originally Posted by Mattaphysics View Post
    I've recently picked up a Pagani 1617 ( Tag Aquaracer homage) for cheap. After ravenously opening the package i took er apart. The listing said he couldn't change the time, I hoped it was a stem problem but the intermediate wheel that changes the time was stripped. It has the Seagull St-6 in it. Hacking and hand-winding? I'm sold on it! I didn't think any Chinese movements were hacking. Obviously since its Chinese it's cheaper to just get another one. I found a brand new one for $16-17 popped it on and aside from the fact that I can't screw down the crown because it'll stop it's prefect right out of the gate. I can't fix it yet because i dont have the proper nips or hypo cement.

So I want to get another to put in another case i have but I'm not sure what dials fit it. Will a DG 2813 dial fit it? It looks line they have similar dial screw patterns. But also i was looking and it kind of looks like a miyota dial will fit. Any help is appreciated.

The ST6 is the same diameter and has the same dial feet positions as the ST16 & DG2813, but has very different hand sizes.

BTW - The ST16 and DG/NN2813 movements all hack. Most non-Tongji Chinese movements hack, except the ST17s removed hacking for the small seconds feature. I understand Miyota has even started to add hacking to the newest 82xx movements, especially the decorated versions.

Name:  Chinese movements.PNG
Views: 100
Size:  110.0 KB
    Last edited by HoustonReal; May 25th, 2019 at 08:56.
    Chascomm and Mattaphysics like this.
    "Pigs Get Fat, Hogs Get Slaughtered."

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonReal View Post
    The ST6 is the same diameter and has the same dial feet positions as the ST16 & DG2813, but has very different hand sizes.

BTW - The ST16 and DG/NN2813 movements all hack. Most non-Tongji Chinese movements hack, except the ST17s removed hacking for the small seconds feature. I understand Miyota has even started to add hacking to the newest 82xx movements, especially the decorated versions.

Name:  Chinese movements.PNG
Views: 100
Size:  110.0 KB
    Thank you for that... Wonderful to have. I wasn't aware the DG hacked.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Can I ask where you found the movement? I was looking in Ali and the Bay with no success. I have the same watch and auto winding is problematic. Hand winding works great and most of the time when wearing it in the morning without winding it, it can last until the afternoon but stops a couple of hours later.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattaphysics View Post
    Thank you for that... Wonderful to have. I wasn't aware the DG hacked.
    I would go so far as to assert that the DG was the movement more than any other that popularised hacking as a feature in non-Swiss mechanical watches, and the reason why Seiko and Miyota movements are now being made with hacking.
    HoustonReal likes this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by crAss View Post
    Can I ask where you found the movement? I was looking in Ali and the Bay with no success. I have the same watch and auto winding is problematic. Hand winding works great and most of the time when wearing it in the morning without winding it, it can last until the afternoon but stops a couple of hours later.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    Got it on the bay #: 153007646451
    Was a really great working movement out of the box. Remains very accurate still. Not sure the difference because i don't have a timegrapher yet but it is surprising.

Update: after a few weeks now it starting running erratically. I tried to see what was wrong and when i went to put the stem back in after taking it out of the case and the darn thing screwed up. It wouldn't switch between settings so it was stuck in time change. I couldn't hand wind it or
    anything. I tried to see if it was the castle wheel so i managed to wind down the mainspring by using a screwdriver on the ratchet wheel screw and moving the spring... Luckily it was only partially wound. So i took a peek and it was fine. My first thought was that perhaps the clutch wheel was worn or the teeth stripped.

So i flipped er over to check the setting lever and sure enough it was out of sync. So while trying to fix it it has become a pain. So theres a spring that keeps the return bar in position (i think is called the check spring) this SOB, after trying to fix it the spring sprung into the abyss, nowhere to be found after literally hours trying to get all the pieces of the setting system in place with this spring being the last piece of the puzzle... Sometimes, these things happen.

So while just experimenting i have an old Miyota 8200 that's in need of repair and low and behold it fits perfectly into the dial. I couldn't believe it... Better accuracy and quality. So I'm going to get a Miyota i think and put it in there instead. More reliability. I just need a new set of hands I'm guessing. The 8215 is the same right? Same dial feet and all?

But now I'm just thinking out loud... Maybe even better to get an nh35, new dial and hands... I do like hacking after all. Anyone with better ideas please let me know. Oh speaking of which the St6s' hacking consists of an R-shaped piece of metal that aligns with the castle wheel hat sits on a small post on the outer edge of where the clutch and castle wheel sit

Thread Information