Vintage Manual seagull accuracy and reliability?

Thread: Vintage Manual seagull accuracy and reliability?

Vintage Manual seagull accuracy and reliability?

I love the look of these inexpensive vintage seagulls Old Stock Brand New China Seagull 19J Manual Watch Men' - eBay (item 260599681431 end time Oct-05-10 16:49:33 PDT)

What should I expect for accuracy and reliability? Also are there any clear backs for these watches? What would a fair price be for this watch?

Thanks for the info!

Banned

Re: Vintage Manual seagull accuracy and reliability?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
    I love the look of these inexpensive vintage seagulls Old Stock Brand New China Seagull 19J Manual Watch Men' - eBay (item 260599681431 end time Oct-05-10 16:49:33 PDT)

What should I expect for accuracy and reliability? Also are there any clear backs for these watches? What would a fair price be for this watch?

Thanks for the info!
    The fact that they are still running after nearly 40 years is a testament to the reliability. Accuracy will depend on if it has been serviced recently or not(claims to that affect in eBay auctions are not to be trusted).

The one in that auction is about what the current market gets for these watches.

I have bought a number of watches from this seller. No problems at all. As Alpha-Getty said, while the seller recently lifted prices for all items across the board, this is what the market currently pays.

(Except for his ST7s I might add.)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator: F72 and F71 AlbertaTime's Avatar

Agreed with AG and Torsten.

Mine from the same seller are reliable, easily accurate enough and steady runners.

That particular example has a very nice striped movement (always a plus) and I have found that with this seller the watch you see in the photos is the watch you get.

The market value for these has risen over the past year but his ST5 prices are reasonable even when compared to many Taobao purchases after shipping and so on. I buy on Taobao but I happily buy from him too.
    Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River (AMCH/PR) 中国手表博物馆,皮斯里弗,艾伯塔省; Member: China Horologe Association; Chief Expert: China Watch Overseas Working Committee (CWOWC), a formally instituted CHA Working Committee; Sino-Canadian Horological Cultural Affairs Advisor: Guangzhou Watches and Clocks Association

Thanks for the replies guys! So does anyone know if there are clear backs to display that striped movement, and where I can buy one?

also since you all seem to have one of these may I ask what bands you paired them with? I would love to find a nice brown leather band to go with this!

Moderator: F72 and F71 AlbertaTime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
    So does anyone know if there are clear backs to display that striped movement, and where I can buy one?
    We all search for that wonderful item, and so far only Chascomm has been so fortunate as far as I know.
    Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River (AMCH/PR) 中国手表博物馆,皮斯里弗,艾伯塔省; Member: China Horologe Association; Chief Expert: China Watch Overseas Working Committee (CWOWC), a formally instituted CHA Working Committee; Sino-Canadian Horological Cultural Affairs Advisor: Guangzhou Watches and Clocks Association

Thread Information