Zhongshan 9 jewels watches

Thread: Zhongshan 9 jewels watches

Zhongshan 9 jewels watches

I found this textured dial Zhongshan a couple of days ago. Now I think I have 15 variations of dials. This Zhongshan is in excellent condition with an earlier non-shock proof movement. Like Shanghai A581s, many early Zhongshan watches are found defective due to this non-shock proof movement.

There are other versions of this SN movement, 5 jewels, 11 jewels, 15 jewels and 16 jewels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Zhongshan 9 jewels watches

nice find Zhang! Would it be correct for me to assume that all of the second hands on the Zhongshans are square shaped at the center, near the stem? It seems odd that they woudl do this, given that I haven't really seen it on any other Chinese watches...

Quote Originally Posted by infinitime
    nice find Zhang! Would it be correct for me to assume that all of the second hands on the Zhongshans are square shaped at the center, near the stem? It seems odd that they woudl do this, given that I haven't really seen it on any other Chinese watches...
    Hi Derek, I didn't notice that. A nice find! But I am pretty sure there are other Chinese brands with that type of second hands. I will try to find an example. Zhongshan watch also has many caseback patterns. Some bad vendors in Beijing already sell these at RMB300+

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by soviet
    Hi Derek, I didn't notice that. A nice find! But I am pretty sure there are other Chinese brands with that type of second hands. I will try to find an example. Zhongshan watch also has many caseback patterns. Some bad vendors in Beijing already sell these at RMB300+
    Hmmm, prices in Beijing seem somewhat inflated. A good 581 can still be found in Guangzhou for about 70RMB, and a 1120 for about 50RMB.

Hmmm, prices in Beijing seem somewhat inflated. A good 581 can still be found in Guangzhou for about 70RMB, and a 1120 for about 50RMB.
    These are very good prices. It is difficult to generalize price for vintage watches. This particular vendor sold a Zhongshan for RMB300 and asks RMB 600 for a clean Nanning 1120. Normally I would not pay more than RMB150 for a clean Shanghai A581.

I find all the low jeweled watches has that type second hand. But some Beijing made watches also has unusual second hands.

Here is a 9 jewels Huang He and two Beijing made watches.

Thread Information