03. Design Thread #1
Like Tree918Likes

Thread: 03. Design Thread #1

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

03. Design Thread #1

We've decided to continue using the successful design by committee method employed in our previous projects. However, the Design Committee will make more decisions and there will be less elements for members to vote on. This will hopefully allow Project Peacock to run smoothly and quickly. Posting is restricted to those who have registered for the project.

We wish to finalise and produce watches with three different dial designs using the Peacock SL6601 movement. We are looking for a designer with PhotoShop or other design software experience and lots of spare time to help with renders. Please contact me by email [email protected] if you are interested.

Here is a render from Thomas showing the dial layout only. Obviously we are going to come up with something far more spectacular! We will not use this exact case and our lug to lug will be closer to 48mm.

Here are some ideas we've put to paper. Please share your ideas and bring this project to life :)
    Last edited by hked; February 21st, 2016 at 20:35.
    Idiot1 and MEzz like this.

Re: 03. Design Thread #1

For this modern look variant we wanted a crisp sporty yet classy dial.
    We tried standard stick markers but then I had the idea that the slightly soft triangular hour markers of the famous Raketa Zero would work well.
    I think that our designer made a great sketch.

Something else that should be mentioned regarding the design, we do have the opportunity to design our own case for this watch.

Having said that, the 44mm diameter is a minimum due to the movement. Additionally, the height will be approximately 14mm minimum, again due to the movement. What that means though, is that lug-to-lug distance could be reduced by redesigning the lugs, and the appearance of the height could be offset through the case/bezel/crystal design. Material/finishes could also be considered.
    Scidd0w and Chascomm like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KJRye View Post
    Something else that should be mentioned regarding the design, we do have the opportunity to design our own case for this watch.
    Highly curved lugs with an integrated case/band design could really work with such a large case. Looking forward to it.

Or maybe lugs like this Zenith pilot. Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1454690728362.jpg
Views: 3413
Size:  27.9 KB
    Scidd0w likes this.

Carmen de apicala, Col / Cayuse Flats, BC

44mm with a 53mm length? That's not going to work for anyone with a wrist under 7". I do have a 44mm dive watch but the overall length is only 48mm.

I really want to be part of this build however, at 53mm I'll likely pass.
    The current rotation: Orologi Calamai G50 MkIII, Omega Speedmaster automatic 3510-50, Omega Dynamic series III, Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 2504.80, Omega Seamaster 212.30.41, Omega Geneve F300 198.030 Hummer, Omega Seamaster F300 198.001 Hummer, Heuer Autavia chronograph, Eterna - Matic 1948 Chronometre, Tudor BB36 79500, Marathon TSAR medium, Pro Trek PRW3000-2, Seiko Alpinist SBQJ017 perpetual calendar GMT 8F56, JeanRichard Highlands 24004.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfras View Post
    44mm with a 53mm length? That's not going to work for anyone with a wrist under 7". I do have a 44mm dive watch but the overall length is only 48mm.

Hey Fraser, as mentioned above, we have the option of a different/custom case design. I believe the 53mm lug-to-lug is going to put many people off, so the sentiment will be strong to go with a different case option.

I'll say that I have been toying with a few rough case designs, and am confident that we can achieve a design with <50mm lug-lug length, and a nice curve to ensure it fits the wrist comfortably, that won't look out of proportion.
    DJW GB, Scidd0w, aron and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfras View Post

Agreed. One of the reasons I like the project watches here is that they tend to modestly-sized, but this one is definitely over my limit.

Looks great though, best of luck to everyone involved.

That is a big size watch. Gonna keep an eye on this but seems to big for my small wrists

We are looking at reducing the 53mm length of the generic case, but the 44mm diameter can likely not meaningfully be reduced.
    The generic case is quite similar in size to a Seiko Sumo reference.

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information