This thread is only to be used for voting on the Dial Style for the 2016 WUS Peacock Project.
Refer to the Design- and General Discussion Threads for exactly that, your comments, suggestions and discussions
Please read the voting instructions carefully:
- Only members who have expressed their interest “officially” and are included in the registry, are eligible to vote (we cross-reference votes against this registry).
- 6 (six) choices MUST be made or your vote will NOT be counted. Voting on this thread will close in two weeks (on May 22).
- All voting on this issue will use the Single Transferable Vote (STV) system. Each person ranks the list of options being voted on in order of preference. You place the number of your favorite choice first, your second choice second and next your third, etc.
As an example, say this is a vote for the watch hand color. Assuming that my personal preference is for silver, but I also think that blue is a very good alternative and I like orange just because. White is okay, but boring and so is black. And pink is just silly
Based on the list below, this is how I would rank my preferences: 2 – 4 – 5 – 3 – 1 - 6.
- The Committee will reconcile the STV results with the popular-vote standings to give the winner / final ranking. Most likely, both the winning dial design / theme, as well as the runner-up will go in to production, but there is still a fair possibility that we will be able to offer a third design.
Note that the examples shown are not yet final, but serve to visualize the general idea and look.
The winning designs will be tweaked and fine-tuned with your input in separate polls and combined with other decisions.
So with that said, the choices are:
1. Modern Black
2. Modern Silver
3. Japanese Pilot
6. Dark Grey / Midnight Blue
A quick review of it all can be found in this 3 minute video; a slightly longer version, including mock-ups, in this 10 minute video.
Voting will close in two weeks, on Sunday, 22nd of May @22:00 (GMT)
Let the voting begin
on behalf of the 2016 WUS Peacock Project Committee