05A. Japanese Pilot Dial Design
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: 05A. Japanese Pilot Dial Design

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

05A. Japanese Pilot Dial Design

This thread is for discussion of the Japanese Pilot dial design only. Let's make it rock!

Posting is restricted to those who have registered for this project https://forums.watchuseek.com/f722/pr...n-2853242.html and are interested in purchasing this dial style.

Please complete this dial choice form to express your interest in this dial.
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BYM...ewform?c=0&w=1

Last edited by hked; May 29th, 2016 at 02:27.
    Chascomm, var and kendalw3 like this.

Re: 05A. Japanese Pilot Dial Design

Well, given that this dial design is my top choice and my 2nd and 3rd did not make it into the top 3, I guess I'll be spending alot of time here!

Will we be discussing the hands and cases to complement this dial, or strictly on further tweaks we can make to the dial?
    macosie likes this.

I think the dial as it is is excellent.

The only thing I'd say is that the numbers on the original had a sort of bolder font and I wonder if the larger dial might also benefit with slightly bolder numbers.

The font style is slightly different to the original as well but I don't think that matters and I like the font style of the design.
    Philip Loftus likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I agree, even in some of the earlier drawings the 12, 3 and 9 seem a little more defined than in this version. So slightly bigger and bolder would be my request too. Can we also have a comparison with the date box outlined as some has suggested?
    Have HKEd and Albertatime come up with a logo yet?
    I know someone said the same on the classic thread, but the design is pretty close to being done... what does this thread aim to accomplish? I guess, what areas do we want to see improvements?

I have a suggestion for the size of the numbers at 2,4,8, and 10. Rather then partially cutting them off, the size of the letters could be reduced. I have seen this done in f.p. journe watches and it looks quite attractive. Here is an example: http://i.imgur.com/IOLHMzU.jpg?1

Regarding the fonts looking different between some of the versions; I do not have access to the same font used for the initial 2D renders. As such, I have tried to find the closest font possible for the 3D renders, however this tends to be a bit more of a blocky/less refined style. Hopefully we can sort it out for future renders and the fonts will match. If not, we will ensure that the 2D designers fonts will be the ones referenced for production, and make that it clear to all of you what that will look like.
    Philip Loftus and kendalw3 like this.

I think having a "F" and "E" for "Full" and "Empty" on the power reserve would be a fun play with the Pilot Design. -Just an idea

I'm not sure about the different colors for the 3, 9 and 12. All numbers the same color? Lumed numbers!?!

All in all, this dial rocks, even the way it is!
    - Kendal

Lew & Huey Orthos,, Lew & Huey Commander 300, Lew & Huey Riccardo, Melbourne Watch Company Portsea Calendar, NTH Santa Cruz, Seiko "Blue Monster",
    Singapore "Jubilee" Watch, Forum 72 GMT Project Watch, Zelos Hammerhead "one of a kind special", NTH Antilles, 2016 Forum Project "Classic" and "Pilot"
    --NTH Devil Ray on Pre-order

I think for this design to work the flute/coin edge bezel is trivial, but i'm not sure that's up for discussion here...

Quote Originally Posted by kendalw3 View Post
    I think having a "F" and "E" for "Full" and "Empty" on the power reserve would be a fun play with the Pilot Design. -Just an idea

I'm not sure about the different colors for the 3, 9 and 12. All numbers the same color? Lumed numbers!?!

All in all, this dial rocks, even the way it is!
    I think the F and E suggestion is fantastic! I was initially adding more color to the indication too, like throw in one bar of red for the end, and maybe 2-3 bars of gold before that.
    myke likes this.

Is there room for an 'F' & 'E' power reserve? Would it look busy, do you think?

In my mind the olive-khaki colour for the 12-9-3 is quite a distinguishing feature of this dial.

mgee and gak like this.
    "Dress me slowly, I'm in a hurry." Naploeon to his valet

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information