24 hours of Le Mans

Thread: 24 hours of Le Mans

24 hours of Le Mans

Who else is going to be watching it?

Anyone have a good streaming source or channel guide where it'll be airing?
    _Harrison

Re: 24 hours of Le Mans

Nope, lost interest after Porsche pulled out of LMP1 class. Top class is so boring.

Irks me that Toyota’s Le Mans was by default (ie it had no decent manufacturing)
    Brother of OoO

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    Nope, lost interest after Porsche pulled out of LMP1 class. Top class is so boring.

Irks me that Toyota’s Le Mans was by default (ie it had no decent manufacturing)
    I mostly watch for the GT classes. LMP1 lost its luster to me when Audi pulled out. I'm hoping the smaller teams give 'yota a good run for their money this year. I'm also very excited for the new hypercar class, but we won't see that until next year.
    _Harrison

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The GT classes were excellent, as were the LMP2s occasionally.

Watching Toyota's LMP1s driving around alone was extremely boring. The only "racing" that happened in regard to Toyota was when Alonso eventually got annoyed that his car was not performing as well as the other Toyota, and really pushed it. And maybe when the 1st placed car had the technical fault that pushed Alonso's team into first, but that was a hollow victory as the team manager told the previously 1st placed car not to push it, just bring the car home for a 1 and 2 finish (if he hadn't, we might have had a Toyota vs. Toyota race only a few laps from the end). But no.

In regard to the performance of the cars, while the other LMP1 cars had a higher top speed, those teams cannot afford to develop a hybrid system, which is what gives the Toyota's the edge in acceleration and hence the better lap times. So, any team other than Toyota can only win / Toyota can only lose if both Toyota cars have a technical fault that puts them out of the race. It was Toyota's race to lose, and they didn't. YAWN. This is exactly why I stopped watching Formula 1. It got incredibly boring to watch Schumacher drive around alone, half a lap in front of everyone for just about every race. That's not racing (nor is current F1 imo).

For me, LMP1 is dead and Le Mans is on life support. It's time for Toyota to quit or for another serious contender to come into play with a hybrid system... VW group, BMW, anyone!
    -----

Watches are like whisky. 1 is good.. 2 is too many.... 3 are not enough........

Quote Originally Posted by FBPB View Post
    The GT classes were excellent, as were the LMP2s occasionally.

Watching Toyota's LMP1s driving around alone was extremely boring. The only "racing" that happened in regard to Toyota was when Alonso eventually got annoyed that his car was not performing as well as the other Toyota, and really pushed it. And maybe when the 1st placed car had the technical fault that pushed Alonso's team into first, but that was a hollow victory as the team manager told the previously 1st placed car not to push it, just bring the car home for a 1 and 2 finish (if he hadn't, we might have had a Toyota vs. Toyota race only a few laps from the end). But no.

In regard to the performance of the cars, while the other LMP1 cars had a higher top speed, those teams cannot afford to develop a hybrid system, which is what gives the Toyota's the edge in acceleration and hence the better lap times. So, any team other than Toyota can only win / Toyota can only lose if both Toyota cars have a technical fault that puts them out of the race. It was Toyota's race to lose, and they didn't. YAWN. This is exactly why I stopped watching Formula 1. It got incredibly boring to watch Schumacher drive around alone, half a lap in front of everyone for just about every race. That's not racing (nor is current F1 imo).

For me, LMP1 is dead and Le Mans is on life support. It's time for Toyota to quit or for another serious contender to come into play with a hybrid system... VW group, BMW, anyone!
    I think Toyota is likely to abandon LMP1 and compete in hypercar and GT. When even the drivers of the #7 car admitted #8 should have won it, that definitely says a lot.

The BOP really effed Aston Martin "Oh, you qualified well? Well, now we're just gonna shoot ya in the foot here right quick" Although even without the BOP handicap, I feel like they fell so far behind they weren't going to fare well either way.

Keating also got screwed for their fueling. Timing penalty multiplier of 4, and then full disqualification of 0.1 Liter (that's less than a double-shot!) fuel capacity.

Governing bodies are ruining motorsports.
    _Harrison

Thread Information