Any Game of Thrones fans out there? - Page 22
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Any Game of Thrones fans out there?

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Re: Any Game of Thrones fans out there?

In for the discussion.

Who are you backing for the Iron Throne?

Favorite reunion:

"You left me for dead."
    "First, I robbed you."

Quote Originally Posted by phydaux View Post
    Night King FTW.
    Watches are life. Live to Watch, Watch to Live. Do you even Watch, bro?

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

I think there are some certainties... like Tyrion, Snow, and Daenerys surviving. I just can't see them being killed off, based on how things have developed thus far.

Yet now, based on what we've seen in S8E1,
    SPOILER: ..John Snow is supposed to inherit the Iron Throne..

Given how Daenerys sees herself emphatically as the ruler of the 7 kingdoms, how will she take this news? Will she also distance herself from Snow, given how they're related? Or will she see that the only true way to peace is for them to marry and they'd rule the Iron Throne together?

I'd expect most people really into GoT would like to see a Snow and Daenerys union... but that's a bit too predictable. I expect Martin wants to shock everyone with a twist that no one would see coming. So it's going to be very hard to predict how things play out.

Despite that, I feel pretty certain that the Night King and his undead will be defeated. But it'll be interesting to see how it happens. The Children of the Forest captured one of the First Men and turned him into the Night King by stabbing him with dragon glass (this was done to create him as a protector of the children against the destructive ways of the First Men). And then he went on to create an army of undead. It would be interesting to see if this "curse" could be reversed and him converted back to a normal person, or if he has to be killed. As we've seen mentioned, dragon glass kills the white walkers... so will it also kill the Night King?
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sansa Stark is probably the one who is going to be sitting on the throne at the end.

In for the discussion.

Thanos maybe lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Can we get a shout out for this scene:

JAMIE: "Everything I did, I did for my family."

BRAN: "The things we do for love."

My wife yelled "BURN!!!!" like she was Ashton Kutcher.
    xevious likes this.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

I wasn't able to see it this past Sunday because I don't have cable TV at my home (too many distractions with it--NetFlix and local programming works for me). So I got caught up with GoT through a friend. She was out of town this weekend. I'm glad that it was another "feel good, background catch-up" kind of episode. I expect the major battle won't start until the 4th or 5th episode. Will be catching it this coming weekend though!
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

The next 4 episodes, the LAST 4 episodes, will all be an hour and twenty minuets.

I fully expect we will see SEVERAL supporting character deaths next Sunday night. There are at least two that I am 99% sure of, and IMO the number might be as high as 10 major supporting characters.

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    I wasn't able to see it this past Sunday because I don't have cable TV at my home (too many distractions with it--NetFlix and local programming works for me). So I got caught up with GoT through a friend. She was out of town this weekend. I'm glad that it was another "feel good, background catch-up" kind of episode. I expect the major battle won't start until the 4th or 5th episode. Will be catching it this coming weekend though!
    I won't spoil it for you, but you really haven't missed too much in the way of the first two episodes. Some important things, yes, but the overall tenor of the first two episodes was wrapping up little outstanding plot threads and allowing for some (final?) interaction on the part of many of the characters. Basically, "leaving everyone in a good place, just in case some of them don't come back."

Regards,
    Alysandir
    • Blancpain Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    • Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    • Casio G-Shock GW2310FB-1CR
    • Casio G-Shock Frogman GWFD1000B-1
    • Grand Seiko Snowflake Gen1 SBGA011
    • Omega Globemaster 130.33.39.21.03.001
    • Omega Grey Side of the Moon 311.93.44.51.99.001
    • Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE 01 733 7730 4125
    • Oris Aquis "Staghorn Restoration" LE 01.735.7734.4185
    • Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593
    • Rolex Submariner 114060

The next 4 episodes, the LAST 4 episodes, will all be an hour and twenty minuets.

I fully expect we will see SEVERAL supporting character deaths next Sunday night. There are at least two that I am 99% sure of, and IMO the number might be as high as 10 major supporting characters.
    At this point, I think it's easier to say who you think will live. My betting pool for named characters at the Battle of Winterfell looks something like this:

Survives:
    - Sansa Stark
    - Tyrion Lannister
    - Arya Stark
    - Sam Tarly
    - Gilly & little Sam
    - Podrick Payne (my sleeper pick for the, "how the heck did *he* survive?" category)

Could go either way:
    - Bran Stark (I thought he was a goner until S8-Ep2; now he basically *has* to survive in order for the living to "win." But it's never that simple, is it?)
    - Davos Seaworth (this guy just has a knack for getting in the biggest messes and walking away unharmed)
    - Gendry Baratheon (he's only here because it makes zero sense for the Winterfell forces to put him anywhere near battle, given he's the only one who can work dragonglass)
    - Sandor Clegane (if he dies, expect Cleganebowl to take place with Arya wearing Sandor's face; if he lives, he'll be carrying a flaming sword at some point: bet on it)
    - Jon Snow (I'm not convinced that both he and Dany will survive, but if one of them does, I'm betting it'll more likely be Jon)
    - Theon Greyjoy (I had him on my "dig a hole" list, but now I'm not so sure. Would seem pretty petty to bring him back to Winterfell, give him almost zero lines or anything to do, just to kill him.)
    - Varys (no reason to think he'll be in the thick of anything, but for some reason, I see him dying protecting those in the crypt...you know...with all the dead things buried there?)
    - Missandei (I can see her dying in defense of the crypts, same as Varys, particularly if Grey Worm is dead by that point)

Dig a hole:
    - Both dragons
    - Pretty much all the Unsullied
    - Pretty much all the Dothraki
    - The Night King and all his lieutenants
    - Dany Targaryan (I would've put her in "could go either way" list until the events of S8-Ep2; they're setting her up to make a heroic sacrifice)
    - Grey Worm (I have him on my scorecard as the first "named" character to buy the farm)
    - Berric Dondarrion
    - Tormund Giantsbane
    - Dolorous Edd (if not Grey Worm first, it'll be Edd)
    - Jamie Lannister
    - Brienne of Tarth (I'm expecting she'll do something heroic to leap to Jamie's aid and they'll both die fighting side-by-side
    - Lady Mormont (I'm guessing off-screen - no way we see a child getting killed - but we'll see her as a white walker for the shock value)
    - Jorah Mormont
    - Yohn Royce

Am i forgetting anyone? Bronn won't be there in time; anyone in King's Landing or the Iron Islands is pretty much safe (for now).

Regards,
    Alysandir
    • Blancpain Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    • Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    • Casio G-Shock GW2310FB-1CR
    • Casio G-Shock Frogman GWFD1000B-1
    • Grand Seiko Snowflake Gen1 SBGA011
    • Omega Globemaster 130.33.39.21.03.001
    • Omega Grey Side of the Moon 311.93.44.51.99.001
    • Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE 01 733 7730 4125
    • Oris Aquis "Staghorn Restoration" LE 01.735.7734.4185
    • Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593