Any Game of Thrones fans out there?
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Any Game of Thrones fans out there?

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Any Game of Thrones fans out there?

I just finished watching season 1, and I am hooked! I'll admit, I actually hadn't heard of this story until HBO picked it up, but now I am sort of tempted to go read the novels. Last 3 episodes of the season are epic. I can't wait till season 2!

Last edited by GinGinD; May 14th, 2012 at 20:34.

read the books for sure. I finished them all in 3 weeks and they are excellent reads. hbo does a real good job following the books (except for 2 infuriating exceptions) the books have a richer and more detailed relationship between the character

Re: Any Game of Thrones fans out there?

Great show. The theme music is great. Not too sure about casting the guy from "The Full Monty" as the king though.

Season 2 starts filming in Belfast in a few weeks for a spring 2012 premier.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dcfis View Post
    read the books for sure. I finished them all in 3 weeks and they are excellent reads. hbo does a real good job following the books (except for 2 infuriating exceptions) the books have a richer and more detailed relationship between the character
    Which exceptions?

I haven't read the books yet, but from what I've seen so far HBO has done a great job of fleshing out the characters. I definitely have my favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by Nolans View Post
    Great show. The theme music is great. Not too sure about casting the guy from "The Full Monty" as the king though.

Season 2 starts filming in Belfast in a few weeks for a spring 2012 premier.
    I actually had my initial doubts, as well. But he quickly won me over. He does a good job in this show I think.

I loved the series. Can't wait for season two. In the meantime I'll read the books. I'm almost done with the first one and it's even better than the series. A lot more details in the book, but series followed it very closely which is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by markot View Post
    I loved the series. Can't wait for season two. In the meantime I'll read the books. I'm almost done with the first one and it's even better than the series. A lot more details in the book, but series followed it very closely which is awesome.
    Nice, I'll have to check those out.

Anyone know how this book series compares to The Wheel of Time series?

So, guys who have read the books and watched the HBO series I pose this question: is there any added value in reading the first book if I've seen all 10 episodes already? Would I be able to jump right into book 2?

The books go more in detail about some things than the series does but the series covers the main story VERY well and does a decent job of going fairly in depth about the characters. Story wise you wouldn't miss a ton but you would miss some of the finer details between the characters. As to how it compares to the Wheel of Time series they are two completely different beasts. Both are very good reads and the Game of Thrones is more political and slower moving than Wheel of Time but still a very good read and one thing I like about a Game of Thrones is that anything can happen to ANY of the characters, it is written is such a way that no character is immune from the storyline like in Wheel of Time where it is fairly obvious certain characters will not be killed off, at least till a certain point.

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma View Post
    The books go more in detail about some things than the series does but the series covers the main story VERY well and does a decent job of going fairly in depth about the characters. Story wise you wouldn't miss a ton but you would miss some of the finer details between the characters. As to how it compares to the Wheel of Time series they are two completely different beasts. Both are very good reads and the Game of Thrones is more political and slower moving than Wheel of Time but still a very good read and one thing I like about a Game of Thrones is that anything can happen to ANY of the characters, it is written is such a way that no character is immune from the storyline like in Wheel of Time where it is fairly obvious certain characters will not be killed off, at least till a certain point.
    Great, thanks for your comparison. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information