Auto Insurance Recommendation: Allstate - Nationwide - State Farm
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Auto Insurance Recommendation: Allstate - Nationwide - State Farm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Auto Insurance Recommendation: Allstate - Nationwide - State Farm

Hello F73!

I would like to have your input on which of the three companies would be the best for auto insurance. I retired three years ago and I am on disability, so I am on limited income and the reason why I am here seeking recommendations from you. I'm looking at Allstate, Nationwide, and State Farm. I'm looking for information on all three, which one has the best customer service, and most reliable. I bought a new vehicle a few months ago, and my current auto insurance policy is up for renewal in August. Unfortunately the coverage I have now is pretty much a basic coverage. However, it is not enough to cover a new vehicle. So, this is the reason I'm looking at other companies.

Out of the three listed, based on the same coverage, Nationwide came out the least inexpensive, followed by State Farm, and then Allstate. When bundled with home insurance, Nationwide was still the least inexpensive. Both companies told me they were surprised that Nationwide was cheaper than their policy. They said that Nationwide usually cost more than theirs. Both told me that Nationwide will end up costing more due to increase rates. Out of the three, I had Nationwide about thirty years ago. At that time, every six months, the cost of my policy would decrease. I'm not sure if Nationwide continues doing this today.

So, I am seeking recommendations from you. Out of the three, do you have auto insurance with them? Are you happy with your insurance company, would you recommend your company to friends or family, and have you had any bad dealings with them? I am hoping you can assist me in my decision. I am looking forward to reading your responses, and hoping that I will make the right choice.
    My Other Hobby:
    Power
    McIntosh MA6200 Integrated Amplifier ~ Jolida JD202BRC Tube Integrated Amplifier
    Source
    Marantz NA7004 Network Audio Player
    Analog
    AR XB - Denon DL-110 ~ Audio Technica AT-MONO 3 ~ Audio Technica AT-440MLOCC| Dual 1219 - Shure M97xe ~ Grado Black |Dual 721 ~ Shure M1 TRACK
    Driver
    Focal 806V Speakers ~ S700 Stands

Re: Auto Insurance Recommendation: Allstate - Nationwide - State Farm

I think you will find the customer service at all three to be equal. We've dealt with State Farm and Allstate over the years. Our son has used Nationwide for several years. We've had claims handled efficiently by both companies. My advice is to shop for the best rate and then stay with the company. You should get a longevity discount after a couple of years. Also if you have homeowners or renters insurance consider switching to get a multi line discount. And finally look into an umbrella liability policy to get extended liability coverage at a lower overall premium.

Auto Insurance Recommendation: Allstate - Nationwide - State Farm

Here’s my advice from my experience. All of these big companies are super competitive with each other - as well as other smaller companies. So at their core, they are all pretty much the same thing.

The difference is the agent. You can go without one and I think it might be cheaper. But I had a ...... agent over at AmFam and now I have an awesome agent over at State Farm. Basically, I wouldn’t recommend or discourage either AmFam or State Farm, but I would recommend or discourage those specific agents.

It sounds like you’re pretty price sensitive, so I’d probably skip the agent and go for the cheapest option among those three.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And finally look into an umbrella liability policy to get extended liability coverage at a lower overall premium.
    Could you explain what an umbrella liability policy. Sorry, if this sounds a little stupid.

It sounds like you’re pretty price sensitive, so I’d probably skip the agent and go for the cheapest option among those three.
    I wouldn't say that I'm price sensitive. I'm looking for the best deal for the money.

What I do not like is when one company disrespects one another. That irritates me. I don't want this in my personal life, and I am sure I don't want it when dealing with companies. That's a sign of no class from the person and the company.
    My Other Hobby:
    Power
    McIntosh MA6200 Integrated Amplifier ~ Jolida JD202BRC Tube Integrated Amplifier
    Source
    Analog
    AR XB - Denon DL-110 ~ Audio Technica AT-MONO 3 ~ Audio Technica AT-440MLOCC| Dual 1219 - Shure M97xe ~ Grado Black |Dual 721 ~ Shure M1 TRACK
    Driver

Whom ever you go with, there are a few things to consider, the bare basic coverage may not be enough. I have the increased PIP and PD, (personal injury protection - property damage) if you don't have enough coverage, you will get sued for the balance.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    Whom ever you go with, there are a few things to consider, the bare basic coverage may not be enough. I have the increased PIP and PD, (personal injury protection - property damage) if you don't have enough coverage, you will get sued for the balance.

This why I am changing companies. If I would stay with Progressive and get the same exact quote on coverage, my insurance would be more expensive. If I bundle home insurance, the cost is less expensive if I bought home insurance only.
    My Other Hobby:
    Power
    Source
    Analog
    Driver

I found the best rates with Progressive.

Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

An umbrella liability policy covers many kinds of liability not just auto related. It covers the excess over the stated amount in the auto and homeowners. By writing a separate umbrella policy the total premiums can be lower. An umbrella policy is useful only when you want coverage in excess of the required minimum liability amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    I found the best rates with Progressive.

Did you save 15% in 15 minutes or less?
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

USAA has lower rates than Progressive, Geico, AllState, State Farm, Liberty, Farmers, Nationwide, lower rates than all of them.....only problem is it is not available to the general public.... one has to qualify to join as a veteran or member of the US armed forces, or a descendant.

That is why they can offer lowest rates as their customers are on average, a better risk.

Been a member for 40 years, their service is impeccable.

Auto
    Home
    Boat
    Umbrella
    Rentals
    Brokerage
    IRA
    Credit Cards
    Last edited by yankeexpress; 1 Week Ago at 06:34.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information