Fiat Chrysler and Renault | Merger
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Fiat Chrysler and Renault | Merger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fiat Chrysler and Renault | Merger

Last edited by Spirit of the Watch; May 28th, 2019 at 07:58.
    GrussGott likes this.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Re: Fiat Chrysler and Renault | Merger

On a side note Renault has a partnership w/ Nissan and Mitsubishi. Renault owns 35% of Nissan and Nissan owns 15% of Renault...…….

Also, Peugeot had interest w/ Fiat Chrysler but that has (apparently) fallen apart.

Regardless, the companies claim they'll save 5 Billion Euros through "synergies." Not to mention creating the worlds 3rd largest car company and merging 2 unreliable car makers together.
    GrussGott likes this.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of the Watch View Post
    and merging 2 unreliable car makers together.
    Only 2? I'd say all three - looks like a marriage made in hell.
    Seiko SARB065 'Cocktail Time', Baume et Mercier Capeland 'Flyback' B10006, Casio Pro Trek 'Manaslu' PRX-8000MT-7JR, Casio Edifice EQW-500DBE-1AVER, Vintage Ingersoll

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wobbegong View Post
    Only 2? I'd say all three - looks like a marriage made in hell.
    Well, I'm not sure to what extent Fiat Chrysler is two separate entities at this point. Otherwise, I agree w/ your statement.

I'd never consider either brand, not going to start now.

What's going to be of interest is how Nissan responds to this. Will they join in? Will they cut ties w/ Renault? Are they as far gone...….. as Mitsubishi (you know, their product lineup has fallen flat over the years)?
    GrussGott likes this.

They not that separated anymore Fiat and Chrysler.
    Considering Fiat needs electric cars and they failed miserably at it question is what Reanult gets out of this?
    Until we hear clear from other side (Renault) it all but pumping stock in market with declining sales and massive layoffs.
    It should be special!

It's not a first time FCA announced some merger and all previous attempts failed.
    It should be special!

Chrysler already did this back when they were AMC, and it didn't work out well.

We actually had a Renault (family worked for AMC)... It was awful.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by poncho524 View Post
    Chrysler already did this back when they were AMC, and it didn't work out well.

We actually had a Renault (family worked for AMC)... It was awful.

Agreed, French cars are turds. We had a peugeot 505 and it was a disaster. I would like to know more about the nature of the merger. I mean fiats and alfas are still turds, so i can't imaging the merger leading to better cars. I just bought a jeep grand cherokee srt and it's been great over the last 5 months. Doesn't sound like a long time---and it's not--- but given the timing of the reliability issues I've read about with the giulia, i'm impressed with the jeep! Then again, the wk2 shared its platform with the previous generation mercedes ML/GLE. German vehicles have always treated me well.

wobbegong and Synequano like this.
    Have: DOXA SUB1200t, Omega SMPq, Oris Diver Small Second Hand, Rolex Explorer II (w), Seiko Prospex SUN023, Tag Heuer Monza, Victorinox DM500q
    Want: Something dressy

I'm not sure what I want to say about this topic, but I like that it's here.

A merger of bottom feeders! I can’t see any reason for this merger other than to pay out obscene sums to the various upper managers, VP’s, and the like. Renault can’t sell cars in the US and Fiat really isn’t, either. I well-remember when they left the US in 80(79, really). I doubt Jeep and Truck can carry all that dead weight (Fiat, Alfa, Maserati, AND Renault).
    Rocket1991 likes this.
    Thank you, I'm flattered, but, please don't click any "Likes" for me (unless there's a prize for "most likes")?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information