Hoping for some advice...did I screw the pooch?
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Hoping for some advice...did I screw the pooch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hoping for some advice...did I screw the pooch?

Last week, I had an interview with a company I really like for a job I am really excited about. Recruiter told me that it would probably take a week or so for things to work through the organization before they had any news for me on the position. Cut to last night, and my wife are at our local wine shop's CSA pickup party. People come in, try some wine, pick up their CSA allotment and do a little shopping. Most of the attendees are couples or small groups who keep to themselves. A woman and I keep making furtive glances at each other from across the shop, because lo and behold it's the woman who interviewed me. I wasn't 100% sure it was her for a while, but eventually figured out that it was. I had an opportunity or two where I maybe could have said something like "Hi there XXXXXXXX, I'm Tyler and we met last week." Long story short, I did not (nor did she). My wife thinks I should have approached her and said something, but in the moment I wasn't really sure. I didn't want to make a social situation awkward which would then harm my chances at the job. My wife, however, thinks I may have shot myself in the foot by not approaching her and saying something.

What do you guys think? I'm kinda thinking that i didn't hurt my chances, but maybe i missed an opportunity to help myself. It was just such an unexpected coincidence that's totally outside the playbook.

Re: Hoping for some advice...did I screw the pooch?

Dont stress man. You’ll be fine either way :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    tylervanwormer and Davidka like this.

Thanks. I'm making this into a much bigger deal in my head than I think is warranted. I just really want this job.
    Rizzole likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think it comes down to your resume/skill set applicable and your interview. Clearly your skill set/resume was good for the interview and the rest is probably going to go off your interview versus the other successful interviewees. (Possibly throw in salary expectations etc.) but you’ll be fine either way, I hope you get the job you want but don’t stress about it. Whatever happens probably won’t be affected by you not speaking to her at the meet and you went off your instinct (not to address her) trust your instinct and you will be fine, if not with this particular job in the near future.
    Best of luck :)
    tylervanwormer likes this.

Why don't you email her now and ask if she was there and just say "I thought I saw you but I wasn't sure...".
    Rizzole and Hidef1080 like this.

No way, you didn't do anything wrong - don't stress.
    Rizzole likes this.
    Regards Cam

Quote Originally Posted by beefsupreme View Post
    Why don't you email her now and ask if she was there and just say "I thought I saw you but I wasn't sure...".
    Good point, if you (op) are regretting your initial instinct not to and regret the decision, then that would be a good cover. You could say “I wasn’t sure”

I've thought about it, but the recruiter I'm working with said that they are the ones to handle post-interview communication which is why I haven't reached out. Mainly what I'm trying to convince myself of is that this isn't that big of a deal. Maybe a small missed opportunity, but not some sort of litmus test that is going to be the deciding factor on this job.

No way man, I’m sure it won’t affect the outcome, just chill and hope for the best!!

If you'd approached her and said something, you'd be posting here about it with the same thread title...
    Watches are life. Live to Watch, Watch to Live. Do you even Watch, bro?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information