Men Wearing Baseball Caps? - Page 7
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Men Wearing Baseball Caps?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Men Wearing Baseball Caps?

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktocker View Post
    Good one..... that's funny. There must be something wrong with me if I don't like what you like.
    No problem with the lawn. You kids can play on it all you want. Pay no attention to the guy on the porch laughing at you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    You seem to have forgotten that you decreed that men wearing baseball caps is "...horrible and childish..." so no, it's not that there's something wrong with you for not liking what I like, there's something wrong with you for making such an uninformed and...shall we say, unaware, judgement about people. And no, you don't know diddle about me just because I wear a ballcap. On the other hand, I know much more about YOU, based on your comments here.
    May the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster Bless You With His Noodley Goodness, Ramen.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee1 View Post
    You seem to have forgotten that you decreed that men wearing baseball caps is "...horrible and childish..." so no, it's not that there's something wrong with you for not liking what I like, there's something wrong with you for making such an uninformed and...shall we say, unaware, judgement about people. And no, you don't know diddle about me just because I wear a ballcap. On the other hand, I know much more about YOU, based on your comments here.
    How informed do you have to be to think wearing a ball cap is childish and horrible? Should I have studied at the fashion institute before giving an opinion?
    Get over it. It's not a big deal. I think ball caps are for kids and make men look like idiots and you feel insulted by that fact. There just isn't anything else to add.

How informed do you have to be to think wearing a ball cap is childish and horrible? Should I have studied at the fashion institute before giving an opinion?
    Get over it. It's not a big deal. I think ball caps are for kids and make men look like idiots and you feel insulted by that fact. There just isn't anything else to add.

lol honestly I don't feel insulted that you think they are horrible and childish but I will point out to my co-workers that we must be giving off an unprofessional, childish image to the public . On a more serious note is a little worrying that in this day and age you think a man wearing a ballcap is horrible. As a fireman I've seen some pretty horrible things but maybe I've just become desensitized to 'horror' and lack the child-like emotions you possess. So I defer to your delicate condition and concur that men (such as myself) who wear ball caps are childish and horrible. I hope that makes you feel at least a little bit better about yourself. Cheers and peace
    May the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster Bless You With His Noodley Goodness, Ramen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lol honestly I don't feel insulted that you think they are horrible and childish but I will point out to my co-workers that we must be giving off an unprofessional, childish image to the public . On a more serious note is a little worrying that in this day and age you think a man wearing a ballcap is horrible. As a fireman I've seen some pretty horrible things but maybe I've just become desensitized to 'horror' and lack the child-like emotions you possess. So I defer to your delicate condition and concur that men (such as myself) who wear ball caps are childish and horrible. I hope that makes you feel at least a little bit better about yourself. Cheers and peace

I see you're not over it......... Why would you worry about someone not liking ball caps in this day and age? It's just a vapid online opinion. Why would you care so much about it? You don't agree with me. Shoulder shrug and move on.

You've been "desensitized to the lack of childlike emotions" I posses? I'm glad you think I lack childlike emotions. It may not be true but I thank you for the compliment.

FYI... there is a difference between horror and horrible. What a fireman may see in the line of duty as horror has very little to do with how horrible I think men look wearing ball caps. If you are a fireman and wear a ball cap it's part of a uniform. My colleagues and I sometimes have to wear ball caps in the line of duty also but I certainly don't go around with a ball cap on my head on days off anymore than the suit and tie I wear on duty.

I see you're not over it......... Why would you worry about someone not liking ball caps in this day and age? It's just a vapid online opinion. Why would you care so much about it? You don't agree with me. Shoulder shrug and move on.

You've been "desensitized to the lack of childlike emotions" I posses? I'm glad you think I lack childlike emotions. It may not be true but I thank you for the compliment.

FYI... there is a difference between horror and horrible. What a fireman may see in the line of duty as horror has very little to do with how horrible I think men look wearing ball caps. If you are a fireman and wear a ball cap it's part of a uniform. My colleagues and I sometimes have to wear ball caps in the line of duty also but I certainly don't go around with a ball cap on my head on days off anymore than the suit and tie I wear on duty.
    Well it's good to see that at least you've shrugged and moved on. And as for horror and horrible, seems that, by definition something that is horrible causes horror in the person viewing it so, if seeing men wearing ball caps causes you horror, that would make ball caps horrible, or make you prone to hyperbole. And I believe I said that you appear to HAVE child-like emotions, but of course in a non-offensive, non-judgemental way.

While I do wear my department cap at work (only) I might wear a cap from another departments while off duty. That you disapprove is an opinion you're certainly entitled to but I think most people would find it hard to get on board with and in general would be mystified that you would feel the way you do to such an innocuous piece of attire. Especially given that not only do you seem to approve of ball caps as part of a uniform (thank you, I appreciate that) but you yourself wear them. as required (that must be horrifying for you to deal with, or does the suit and tie ameliorate the horror somehow?).

Anyway I hope you find this conversation as captivating and illuminating as I do and look forward to more of the same from you.
    Cheers

P.S. I admit I am mystified what you do that requires a suit and tie and the occasional ball cap, or does it also come with a vest and or windbreaker?

Well it's good to see that at least you've shrugged and moved on. And as for horror and horrible, seems that, by definition something that is horrible causes horror in the person viewing it so, if seeing men wearing ball caps causes you horror, that would make ball caps horrible, or make you prone to hyperbole. And I believe I said that you appear to HAVE child-like emotions, but of course in a non-offensive, non-judgemental way.

While I do wear my department cap at work (only) I might wear a cap from another departments while off duty. That you disapprove is an opinion you're certainly entitled to but I think most people would find it hard to get on board with and in general would be mystified that you would feel the way you do to such an innocuous piece of attire. Especially given that not only do you seem to approve of ball caps as part of a uniform (thank you, I appreciate that) but you yourself wear them. as required (that must be horrifying for you to deal with, or does the suit and tie ameliorate the horror somehow?).

Anyway I hope you find this conversation as captivating and illuminating as I do and look forward to more of the same from you.
    Cheers

P.S. I admit I am mystified what you do that requires a suit and tie and the occasional ball cap, or does it also come with a vest and or windbreaker?
    It’s crazy to try to jab me by saying that I have child like emotions because I don’t like ball caps on men. I could say that at least I don’t LOOK like a child for wearing a ball cap off duty. What next? Hide and seek and a good game of tag till Mom calls us in for dinner?
    And yes, vest and windbreaker are included. Except for the ball cap horror, we’re on the same team.

Mine was a bit of a hyperbolic comment, akin to your horrible and childish, both probably more than a bit puerile.
    Nice to know we're on the same team, figured as much from your charm, grace and open mindedness to new and/or different ideas; personal growth is very important. Curious to understand what it is about the ball cap that so offends you? What about a panama hat, pork pie hat or fedora; are you as vehemently opposed to them as you are the ball cap or do you find less, or not at all horrifying? See now without the rancor (well at least I'm trying) this can be quite fun
    cheers

I played baseball in high school and college. You wore your cap like you wore your varsity jacket.

I wear caps to play golf and in general outdoor activities. The brim shields my eyes from sun and my glasses from rain. They keep bugs and dirt out of my hair and sweat offof my brow. I get shade on hot days and a little extra warmth in the winter and sometimes even while skiing. My caps also help on bad hair days.

I don't like to wear a hat in the house or while eating but I believe that some people wear them because the simply like the look. I also believe that some appreciate the security that a hat offers or the ability to hide a bald spot.

I believe that it depends on the individual but I'm sure that a baseball hat is just another version of the security blanket to some.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread Information