NFL | 2019-2020 Season - Page 10
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 867
  1. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    117

    Re: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

    There have been a lot of folks high on the Bears this year, but I wasn't convinced -- Trubisky isn't a stellar talent and he doesn't have the kind of WR support he would need to make up for it. It's going to be a rough year, methinks.

    (Said as a lifelong, suffering Bears fan.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Katakuri17 View Post
    Ugh my Bears took a dump today on offense....what a poor showing

  2. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    141

    Re: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Meatshield the Yeti View Post
    There have been a lot of folks high on the Bears this year, but I wasn't convinced -- Trubisky isn't a stellar talent and he doesn't have the kind of WR support he would need to make up for it. It's going to be a rough year, methinks.

    (Said as a lifelong, suffering Bears fan.)
    I feel you man, same here, though I'm holding out hope that we'll eventually pick it up. Trubisky was erratic and our offense was crappy but I think they'll perform better as a unit as time goes on. The first team really didn't play a whole lot in the preseason. The defense was pretty solid though. I hope the drop off from Fangio to Pagano is minimal this season, if at all.

  3. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    100

    Re: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Katakuri17 View Post
    I feel you man, same here, though I'm holding out hope that we'll eventually pick it up. Trubisky was erratic and our offense was crappy but I think they'll perform better as a unit as time goes on. The first team really didn't play a whole lot in the preseason. The defense was pretty solid though. I hope the drop off from Fangio to Pagano is minimal this season, if at all.
    I feel that the season is just starting and that game was super flukey. I wish Nagy would run the ball more to keep a balance, instead of airing it out 50 times per game. Next week doesn't get easier with us facing Don Fangio's D. Here's hoping for a good year from the bears! ⬇️

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #94
    Member Spirit of the Watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Central Time Zone
    Posts
    4,225

    Re: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

    Well, the Antonio Brown situation seems to have resolved itself, for now.

    It seems he will not be suspended and will play week 1 against Denver. While AB is at fault here, kudos to the GM for aiming to keep the teams performance above petty issues like a player cussing him out (which to be frank happens all the time on every team, it's not okay in most workplaces but it seems routine in the NFL).

    That said, they may want to consider a trade if the season goes south and then the tough choices leading up to the draft in 2020. Even if he gets his act together you cannot rely on this guy. I'd imagine his agent is the one getting him into line at the moment, but you never know what might happen next. The man thrives off of conflict.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

  6. #95
    Member riff raff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

    Yuenglings Premium Light is actually pretty decent....

    Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    Define oxymoron...premium light beer.

    It's actually been around for a few years but flew under the radar....for good reason.
    Al

    Current:
    Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter
    Longines Hydroconquest 41
    Squale 1521
    Smiths PRS-25 (40 mm)
    Accutron Silver Eagle Chrono
    Seiko 7n36


  7. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    southern New Mexico
    Posts
    8,622

    Re: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Meatshield the Yeti View Post
    There have been a lot of folks high on the Bears this year, but I wasn't convinced -- Trubisky isn't a stellar talent and he doesn't have the kind of WR support he would need to make up for it. It's going to be a rough year, methinks.

    (Said as a lifelong, suffering Bears fan.)
    It could still happen, but the FIRST RULE of the NFL: Week 1 means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

    NOTHING.

    How many teams start out, say, 2-0, even beating halfway decent teams...then finish 6-10?

    The BAD part for the Bears is it was a home loss, AND a loss in the division. That's a deeper hole.

    On AB, I have two words to say. Crocodile tears.

    The Raiders will still be dysfunctional Hot Stinking Garbage. I will also predict now that he doesn't make it through the year without major team discipline.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

    Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

  8. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    southern New Mexico
    Posts
    8,622

    Re: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

    LOL

    Watching Nadal start to grind down Berrettini in the men's semis...

    Chris Fowler commented "I've seen more scintillating opening games than last night."
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

    Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

  9. #98
    Member Steelerswit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    11,293

    Re: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of the Watch View Post
    Well, the Antonio Brown situation seems to have resolved itself, for now.

    It seems he will not be suspended and will play week 1 against Denver. While AB is at fault here, kudos to the GM for aiming to keep the teams performance above petty issues like a player cussing him out (which to be frank happens all the time on every team, it's not okay in most workplaces but it seems routine in the NFL).

    That said, they may want to consider a trade if the season goes south and then the tough choices leading up to the draft in 2020. Even if he gets his act together you cannot rely on this guy. I'd imagine his agent is the one getting him into line at the moment, but you never know what might happen next. The man thrives off of conflict.
    Worked out, no longer a Raider, no money, actually owes the team money.

    Sitting here watching NFL network and laughing.

    Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Call sign: Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

  10. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    southern New Mexico
    Posts
    8,622

    Re: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

    It will be interesting if the Raiders get their backsides bitten for the ordering here. The $200K fine...no sweat there. BUT, yanking the contract guarantees without rreleasing him? The release was after Brown asked to be released. That said, one would *think* the Raiders' legal department discussed things, and it's possible that they may have wanted Brown to ask for the release. The fine, voiding the guarantees...that was a clear statement that the Raiders were done with him. So why NOT release him? Gotta think: legal considerations.

    We shall see, as the aspect of voiding the guarantee will be heading to arbitration ASAP. This aspect is far from over. The other ongoing aspect is whether anyone will sign the stupid git. Me...I doubt it. If TO was toxic, AB is flat-out plutonium-level toxic. I MIGHT see a team doing it for a dead minimum contract...no bonus, no guarantees, no nothing...and an absolute, clearly stated zero-tolerance policy in advance. As long as they were willing to carry it through. BUT, would Brown say yes to that? Ha!
    Steelerswit likes this.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

    Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

  11. #100
    Member Steelerswit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    11,293

    Re: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

    From everything I've heard his money was guaranteed only if he was on the 53 man roster week 1.

    Now, he's lost that and has acrued over 250k in fines. Brilliant business acumen.


    Edit: he lost 500k for not participating in 85% of preseason practices because of his helmet tantrum.

    Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Call sign: Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •