NFL | 2019-2020 Season - Page 11
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

Re: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

OK.

Pats have gone to my LOATHE List.

Yes. They did. They signed AB to a MORONIC deal, IMO, from the perspective of a Pats fan. Of course I don't expect it to work out.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Saw that coming a million miles away. Of course they'd jump on the opportunity to grab such an elite receiver, and this is one place where he can't expect to be bigger than the organization. His antics won't harm them because they won't allow it, and as great as he is what has he done to compare to 6 rings. If he wants to self destruct he won't be taking the ship down with him.

As a fan I find this whole situation rather disappointing. Not only because I am sick of the Patriots, but I think the NFL is better off when the Raiders are relevant, and even if they weren't going far AB would have made them more fun to watch. I am a fan of talent and good football more than any particular team, and I really tried to like AB despite the drama off the field simply because he was so good and was said to have such a strong work ethic. At this point, however, he has proven himself impossible to like.

I think I just threw up in my mouth.... No, I did. At least he can't play week 1 against the Steelers.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Knives and Lint likes this.
    Call sign: Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    It will be interesting if the Raiders get their backsides bitten for the ordering here. The $200K fine...no sweat there. BUT, yanking the contract guarantees without rreleasing him? The release was after Brown asked to be released. That said, one would *think* the Raiders' legal department discussed things, and it's possible that they may have wanted Brown to ask for the release. The fine, voiding the guarantees...that was a clear statement that the Raiders were done with him. So why NOT release him? Gotta think: legal considerations.

We shall see, as the aspect of voiding the guarantee will be heading to arbitration ASAP. This aspect is far from over. The other ongoing aspect is whether anyone will sign the stupid git. Me...I doubt it. If TO was toxic, AB is flat-out plutonium-level toxic. I MIGHT see a team doing it for a dead minimum contract...no bonus, no guarantees, no nothing...and an absolute, clearly stated zero-tolerance policy in advance. As long as they were willing to carry it through. BUT, would Brown say yes to that? Ha!
    The Raiders made a major mistake voiding his contract. They should have traded him for a 7th and thrown in a 6th. This organization is problematic to the point where they frankly may end up losing the cash AND the player.

AB posted this

I understand him being upset by the Raiders voiding his contract. I also, understand why a sane man would want out at that point. No reason to play week to week.

Regardless, the Raiders are what they are. They weren't going anywhere regardless.

Now as for the Patriots. It's a performance based organization. There is good reason why Belichik is still running the show. They have Josh Gordon returning and now Antonio Brown. Should be a formidable duo on paper.
    Last edited by Spirit of the Watch; September 8th, 2019 at 04:04.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Raiders can avoid Termination Pay, but it would be subject to a fight
    The Raiders have plenty of weapons at their disposal when it comes to handling Antonio Brown, and the Raiders can choose to be aggressive. But the player always will have rights, and the NFL Players Association along with agent Drew Rosenhaus will be charged with the responsibility of pursuing those rights.

Whether it’s voiding $29.125 million in guaranteed money or, as explained below, trying to block his entitlement to the balance of his 2019 salary ($14.625 million) as Termination Pay if he’s cut despite being on the Week One roster, Brown will have the right to fight anything the Raiders do.

As reported earlier this morning by Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Raiders have already sent Brown a letter explaining “that he will no longer be entitled to termination pay if they release him.”
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ct-to-a-fight/

Frankly, this is the most interesting piece from the issue. To some extent the rest, especially if he hadn't went to the Patriots, is irrelevant to me.

I hope the NFLPA takes issue w/ this and we get to see how it plays out.
    Last edited by Spirit of the Watch; September 8th, 2019 at 02:30.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

There's NO way anyone would trade for him for ANYTHING, as that would put them on the hook for the *entire* amount on his Raiders contract. Totally stupid move by anyone else. Pats got him for MUCH less. And I suspect there are several behavior clauses where a large chunk of that money could be retracted, if he tries to pull another clown act.

The salary pullback is definitely going to grievance.

I am still of the opinion that even Brady and Belichick won't be able to rein in this whiner, and I do not expect him to last out the year. (OK, there's a large degree of wishful thinking there, saying "expect.")

As a side point...

Ya gotta figure the NFL is going...why now? WHY??? NOT a drama they need. I don't buy "all pub is good pub"...but especially now, as the season opens. WORST time for this BS.

And the other thing that fries me, with the Pats' signing...stupid pinhead diva behavior STILL gets rewarded just fine, thank you. The entire culture of privilege gets boosted AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post

I am still of the opinion that even Brady and Belichick won't be able to rein in this whiner, and I do not expect him to last out the year. (OK, there's a large degree of wishful thinking there, saying "expect.")
    I'm of the mind it has nothing to do with him being a whiner" I think there's something mentally wrong with him. I'm not sure if it's from the hit's he's taken or there's some sort of mental pathology but he's shown some erratic behavior and a neurologist needs to look at him closely.
    Rochefoucauld

Quote Originally Posted by beefsupreme View Post
    I'm of the mind it has nothing to do with him being a whiner" I think there's something mentally wrong with him. I'm not sure if it's from the hit's he's taken or there's some sort of mental pathology but he's shown some erratic behavior and a neurologist needs to look at him closely.
    No, he's just a diva who wants attention and every time he cries like a baby he receives it. It will not be fixed at this point and it's up to management to simply use him, to the benefit of their team. The Patriots understand this, Team ESPN Raiders did not.

So, how does everyone see their favorite teams doing tomorrow?

Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread Information