NFL | 2019-2020 Season
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

NFL | 2019-2020 Season

Another NFL season is upon us!

News Stories:
    -->Which NFL Coach will get the Ax first? (Looks like Jay Gruden is on the hot seat)

-->Kaepernick claims he's still ready to play.

-->Will the Panther, 49ers, and Vikings break out as offensive juggernauts this year?

-->Cleveland Browns have high aspirations this year!!!

-->How will Kyler Murray work out w/ the Cardinals (since they jettisoned Josh Allen to the Dolphins for him).

-->Will the NY Giants turn things around after an interesting offseason, is this the end for Eli Manning?

-->Tom Brady trolls the Atlanta Falcons w/ his contract extension?

-->Raiders will move to Vegas next year

-->How will things work out for Rodgers and the changes in Green Bay?

Because, I'm a fan of the Minnesota Vikings:
    Cousins was asked what he wants to see from his rookie center in the preseason, and what he would most like to see is for Bradbury to stop sweating so much.“I’m going to take it back to how much he sweats again,” Cousins said, via Andrew Krammer of the Star-Tribune. “He promises it’s not a problem in games, but it remains to be seen because his shorts today were soaked. He says it’s not a problem on game days, so the moment of truth Friday night. But apparently you know they keep these domes air conditioned. You get a break on the bench with those cooling fans. I’m hoping that really helps. That’s a big thing I’m going to take away from Friday night, was how tough was it to grip the ball after he snaps it to me? If it is tough, we might be in pistol and shotgun all year, which coach [Gary] Kubiak and Kevin [Stefanski] wouldn’t like very much.”It is funny until it isn’t. Bradbury is the team’s starting center, so Cousins will have to figure out how to get a grip, so he doesn’t fumble.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/07/kirk-cousins-complains-about-garrett-bradburys-sweating/

Great.......... the o-line is improved and Kirk Cousins will prove he can beat teams over .500, or not. Hopefully, this works out.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Re: NFL | 2019-2020 Season

Besides the Vikings, I'll be looking east to see how this works out. I do not imagine the Packers starting the season out well.

and the circus in Dallas, plus a take on Cam Newton.
    Last edited by Spirit of the Watch; August 8th, 2019 at 06:56.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Starting with the worst airheads already, huh?

Talking heads TV needs a public health warning: watching these morons damages your brain. Exposure impairs cognitive function and judgment, while also increasing aggressiveness and intolerance. Experts compare it to the effect of slamming shots of rum...repeatedly.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    Starting with the worst airheads already, huh?

Talking heads TV needs a public health warning: watching these morons damages your brain. Exposure impairs cognitive function and judgment, while also increasing aggressiveness and intolerance. Experts compare it to the effect of slamming shots of rum...repeatedly.
    It's just a game man. These airheads create false controversy, so the rest of us have something to talk about during the week

NFl druggie Josh Gordon is trying to get back from his indefinite suspension.
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/p...cHvSN/story.ht

I don't know, the man has had a multitude of opportunities he's wasted at this point. People have went out and vouched for him... and in return he spends his free time shooting up?

If he doesn't accept drugs are a moral evil, then continue the suspension and if he does, well make it clear no more opportunities, this is it

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of the Watch View Post
    NFl druggie Josh Gordon is trying to get back from his indefinite suspension.
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/p...cHvSN/story.ht

I don't know, the man has had a multitude of opportunities he's wasted at this point. People have went out and vouched for him... and in return he spends his free time shooting up?

If he doesn't accept drugs are a moral evil, then continue the suspension and if he does, well make it clear no more opportunities, this is it

I'm not saying he should play again, but addiction is more complicated than saying it's a moral evil or not. He's not the only person in this world that's ruining his life due because of drug and/or alcohol addiction, and I'm sure a great number of those people know drug and alcohol abuse is wrong but they lack the ability to stop. Addiction affects all classes and races the same.

Josh Gordon has been pretty open and honest as of late about the level of his addiction, which is refreshing. Here is a great read about him via GQ https://www.gq.com/story/josh-gordon-nfl-2017-interview

I think the best thing he can do is take care of his own life before he even considers getting back out there again.

Quote Originally Posted by beefsupreme View Post
    I'm not saying he should play again, but addiction is more complicated than saying it's a moral evil or not. He's not the only person in this world that's ruining his life due because of drug and/or alcohol addiction, and I'm sure a great number of those people know drug and alcohol abuse is wrong but they lack the ability to stop. Addiction affects all classes and races the same.

Josh Gordon has been pretty open and honest as of late about the level of his addiction, which is refreshing. Here is a great read about him via GQ https://www.gq.com/story/josh-gordon-nfl-2017-interview

I think the best thing he can do is take care of his own life before he even considers getting back out there again.
    Oh, I agree w/ your statement. However, consider this. A morbidly obese man needs to develop a different relationship w/ food and this relationship cannot be the same as a random Joe Blow on the street. I've seen alcoholics/drug addicts, they need to end their relationship w/ it....... many can't even stand the sight or cues of it. Now, the NFL isn't life or death; yet I can't see any other thought process working for this guy. He needs to end things w/ drugs/alcohol and he states so in the interview you've cited.

I'll be honest though, I've never seen an addict get clean and stay clean. Many seem to fall back into this familiar pattern, he needs a life coach and someone holding his hand along the way.

Personally, I wish him the best....... but whether he succeeds or not, is up to him.

One drink = One too many for Josh Gordon.

Excited for my Browns to maybe, just maybe, put together a season to be proud of! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Worker View Post
    Excited for my Browns to maybe, just maybe, put together a season to be proud of! :)
    Today is not a good day for you. 4 game drug suspension....

Of course, it could be worse. You could be a Raiders fan. Antonio Brown's whining about being forced to switch helmets, pouting and threatening to sit. He's filed a grievance.

WAHHHH.

WAAHHHH.

WAAHHH.

NO CHANCE. Not a snowball's chance in a blast furnace. The helmet he used to use has been retired and decertified. He'll have no backing on this, IMO. The NFLPA has no good reason to support him; this is a safety issue. The approved equipment list was jointly approved. Grandfathered gear was stricken. The league Will Not Budge...not on helmets, not with the severe negative focus on head trauma. The PA won't, IMO, back out of an agreement that's in place.

IIRC, not many teams were interested in Brown. He goes out and is a moron, giving himself frostbite...anyone ese see the pics of his feet? EWW. NOT pretty at all. The techs helping may have been at fault, but this wasn't the first time, so he SHOULD HAVE known the safety precautions. And now this. It's more Brown being the biggest prima donna since TO, and as disruptive. But it's the Raiders, one of the worst-run teams in the league.
    Worker likes this.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Raiders owner Mark Davis goes on expletive-laced rant at Oakland A's, then apologizes
    "I am not sorry for the things I said," Davis told ESPN. "But I am sorry for the way I said them."
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...es/1966543001/

Lol, absolutely hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    Today is not a good day for you. 4 game drug suspension....
    Just another line or two in the story of how Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi will make the Cleveland Browns roster or practice squad this year!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ream/39935833/
    Worker likes this.

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information