Salted egg yolk prawns
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By eblackmo
  • 1 Post By WastedYears
  • 3 Post By Dogbert_is_fat

Thread: Salted egg yolk prawns

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Member eblackmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,928

    Salted egg yolk prawns

    I don't know if you have had authentic egg yolk prawns but I just ate 20 bucks worth. So good.
    Benzinger .. Dornblueth & Sohn .. Grand Seiko .. Sinn .. Laco .. Schaumburg .. Hamilton .. Tissot

  2. #2
    Member WastedYears's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    936

    Re: Salted egg yolk prawns

    Thanks for posting this! I had never heard of it before (despite being a Din Tai Fung regular), and it has led to my girlfriend discovering that this is the long lost dish she enjoyed as a kid in Thailand, the name of which she was never able to remember.
    eblackmo likes this.

  3. #3
    Member Dogbert_is_fat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    4,921

    Re: Salted egg yolk prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by eblackmo View Post
    I don't know if you have had authentic egg yolk prawns but I just ate 20 bucks worth. So good.
    A staple whenever I go to a good Chinese restaurant. Not all of them serve it though but, a thread is useless without pictures so here is a link to a YouTube video and their website. Apparently we can try this at home so I am going in search of some salty duck eggs

    The MeatMen - Your Local Cooking Channel

    Ard, eblackmo and Sherpat like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member eblackmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,928

    Re: Salted egg yolk prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    A staple whenever I go to a good Chinese restaurant. Not all of them serve it though but, a thread is useless without pictures so here is a link to a YouTube video and their website. Apparently we can try this at home so I am going in search of some salty duck eggs

    The MeatMen - Your Local Cooking Channel

    Try the egg yolk prawns from Mr. Hawker. They are a Malaysian Chinese restaurant in Maylands. Uber eats ftw.
    Benzinger .. Dornblueth & Sohn .. Grand Seiko .. Sinn .. Laco .. Schaumburg .. Hamilton .. Tissot

  6. #5
    Member Dogbert_is_fat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    4,921

    Re: Salted egg yolk prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by eblackmo View Post
    Try the egg yolk prawns from Mr. Hawker. They are a Malaysian Chinese restaurant in Maylands. Uber eats ftw.
    Thanks @ebblackmo! I have checked out their website. Might drop in and try it. Cheers.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •