What car do you drive and why? - Page 56
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: What car do you drive and why?

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast

Re: What car do you drive and why?

Quote Originally Posted by pojekt-h View Post
    I go there (almost) every year for the Sahlen's Six Hours weekend! Love that place, and would really love to drive it one day.
    There's more than a few clubs that regularly do track days there. My group were sponsored through the Audi NEQ group. It was a two day session and it really took me till the middle of the second day to put it all together. It's a great track and cost me a set of brake pads but at least I didn't boil off my brake fluid like some of the guys.
    pojekt-h likes this.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

After my latest stereo upgrade (many hours DIY, as I converted it from single DIN to double-DIN), I'll be hanging onto this car a bit longer.

link
    ORIGINAL Single-DIN SETUP

Had to procure a replacement climate control unit & main switches, since double-DIN has them in different position. This new head unit is fantastic. Improved sound quality. Have two USB ports now, one in glove box and one on side of center console area between seats. Stick in a 128Gb memory stick & massive sound library appears. Next step is to install rear and forward cameras.
    eblackmo likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by sabot03196 View Post
    There's more than a few clubs that regularly do track days there. My group were sponsored through the Audi NEQ group. It was a two day session and it really took me till the middle of the second day to put it all together. It's a great track and cost me a set of brake pads but at least I didn't boil off my brake fluid like some of the guys.
    Unfortunately, its about a 10 hour drive from me, so a track day there isnít in the cards for me any time soon... also the fact that I havenít been on any track just yet. Also not sure if Iíll want to track my GTI with it being my only vehicle. Once I have a dedicated fun car, and some experience Iíll definitely be looking into doing a day/weekend on the Glen.

Until then, Iíll just keep being happy for / jealous of you being able to, and continuing to go annually to watch the Six hours weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    _Harrison

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What car do you drive and why?

I still have my Ďdreamí car that Iíve owned since 2002.....itís a Mercedes Benz 500E, the one assembled by Porsche under contract.....the ĎVelvet Hammerí using engineering pioneered by AMG, adding that S class drive train to the E class body, essentially itís a factory AMG Hammer.

Name:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  306.5 KB
    EPK, xevious, nb617 and 2 others like this.
    Longstride.

Anonimo/Amphibia/Sinn/Kobold/O&W
    CWC/Rolex/MKII/Seiko/Fortis/Smith's

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by longstride View Post
    I still have my ‘dream’ car that I’ve owned since 2002.....it’s a Mercedes Benz 500E, the one assembled by Porsche under contract.....the ‘Velvet Hammer’ using engineering pioneered by AMG, adding that S class drive train to the E class body, essentially it’s a factory AMG Hammer.

Is this an 8-cylinder? I love the older Mercedes models that were sleepers like this. I just wish gasoline wasn't so harmful to the environment and wasteful (efficiency). Had I known what was coming, I'd have jumped into one of these about 8 years ago to enjoy it. Now... hanging onto my last internal combustion engine car until electric vehicle technology progresses to a more affordable, usable state. We're getting very close. Maybe another 5 years.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

^^congrats that's an awesome car. One of two Porsche builds that aren't Porsche along with the Audi rs2, they go for a pretty penny now

The fender flares from factory are so cool!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    EPK likes this.

I drive a 2012 Ford Fusion SEL that I've owned since 2015. Bought it used with less than 16k miles and its been an excellent vehicle. I hate car payments so I pay cash for my vehicles and if I can't pay cash, I find another vehicle that I can afford.
    EPK likes this.
    "Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one"

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Is this an 8-cylinder? I love the older Mercedes models that were sleepers like this. I just wish gasoline wasn't so harmful to the environment and wasteful (efficiency). Had I known what was coming, I'd have jumped into one of these about 8 years ago to enjoy it. Now... hanging onto my last internal combustion engine car until electric vehicle technology progresses to a more affordable, usable state. We're getting very close. Maybe another 5 years.
    Yes itís a 5 litre, quad cam, 32 valve V8.
    Longstride.

Anonimo/Amphibia/Sinn/Kobold/O&W
    CWC/Rolex/MKII/Seiko/Fortis/Smith's

Quote Originally Posted by longstride View Post
    I still have my Ďdreamí car that Iíve owned since 2002.....itís a Mercedes Benz 500E, the one assembled by Porsche under contract.....the ĎVelvet Hammerí using engineering pioneered by AMG, adding that S class drive train to the E class body, essentially itís a factory AMG Hammer.

Great car.
    You're in good company.
    Apparently Rowan Atkinson bought one new, drove the hell out of it, sold it, and missed it so much he bought it back!

I miss my AMG...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    ^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
    SOoO many watches, SOoO little time...
    So many watches, so little time...

Name:  _D2_4732-RS.JPG
Views: 13
Size:  802.2 KB

I've got a 2016 John Cooper Works Mini with the factory installed Track package. I've always loved Minis, I used to go with my Papa to Rallys all the time when I was a kid in Scotland. One of my earliest memories is of a Mini coming over a hump all but sideways on the track to take the next corner and for me, that sealed the deal. I'd owned a couple of Gen 1 Cooper S models but the original Brazilian built engines hard longevity issues and the rust sealing on the bodies were problematic at best. There are reams of posts on Mini forums about keeping these cars running and their associated costs.

My JCW however is a Gen 3 and the engine is the modular BMW B48 add to that the factory tune and what is usually a 248hp car is actually 240hp. Which might not sound like a lot to North American ears but when you couple it with a 2800lb weight, she's quick enough for me and very good in the corners. Something I've noticed really pisses off some drivers in more powerful cars on my track days.

I got this car because it ticks all my boxes and it's a blast to drive on the track. She's not the fastest on the long straights but I'm having just as much fun in a car that costs a lot less than a Porsche.
    EPK and coujer like this.

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast

Thread Information