What are you thinking now? - Page 271
Like Tree1434Likes

Thread: What are you thinking now?

Page 271 of 430 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 321 371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 4295

Re: What are you thinking now?

Quote Originally Posted by Metlin View Post
    Ahhh, that is a bad thing.

I would recommend a little bit of warm-up before beginning your workouts and a good stretch after your workouts.

And do not forget to de-load at least once a week. Work your major muscles, but do it at 50-75% of total weight.
    Well I do a 30 minute run then get in the weights so that's my warm up. I just don't stretch. Is it necessary for hypertrophy (muscle growth, which is my main goal)?

I know it's almost 11 on a Sunday night, but one more glass can't hurt, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by thelawnmoweroperator View Post
    I know it's almost 11 on a Sunday night, but one more glass can't hurt, can it?
    Not at that time of the night. Nearly 6pm here.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I don't ever stretch, which is perhaps foolhardy.
    I'm reaping the rewards of not stretching enough right now. Seems I messed up my left quad pretty bad.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Well I do a 30 minute run then get in the weights so that's my warm up. I just don't stretch. Is it necessary for hypertrophy (muscle growth, which is my main goal)?
    Yes, it absolutely is. You'll find significant improvements in your lifts as well as your recovery with stretching.

Warming up your body is not the same as warming up all your muscle groups. For instance, a run doesn't engage your chest, and you can't tack on two plates without start with a warm-up. I always start with 12 sets with the bar, 10 sets with 25%, 8 sets with 50%, and then get into my working set.

I'm sure someone who knows more can pitch in, but there's a layer of connective tissue called fascia, and while fascia are not load-bearing themselves, they effectively transmit any load on to underlying musculature. In the event you do not stretch adequately, you risk fascial tears.

I used to train with a former Olympic gymnast who's a good friend of mine, and he would always do "active stretching", which I then incorporated. I find that I can lift a lot more when I do that, which helps with both strength and hypertrophy. Plus, I recover a lot more quickly, so I can lift more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I'm reaping the rewards of not stretching enough right now. Seems I messed up my left quad pretty bad.
    Ouch. Having a painful quad is one of the worst things ever. I've hurt my quads a few times, but usually from climbing (when I contort my body in weird ways).
    Last edited by Metlin; July 21st, 2014 at 01:25.

I figured as much. I shall endeavour to stretch more.

I'm thinking I need more money so should perhaps go work in Dubai. No tax for the win.

I'm thinking I need more money so should perhaps go work in Dubai. No tax for the win.
    You'll hate it in Dubai. I've spent some time there, and I cannot imagine ever living there.

Not sure I wanna read those - they don't sound very weighted I'd only go for the money and don't care about the place so much. My dad is out there at the mo though.

There is an unofficial rule that the job market in Dubai seems to follow:.a person should get double the salary that he/she would earn in their country of origin..
    AND no tax? So I'd have 4x as much money? Sold - I'd move to hell for that.
    Last edited by geoffbot; July 21st, 2014 at 01:44.

Thread Information