Any comments on the quality of Momentum watches?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Any comments on the quality of Momentum watches?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any comments on the quality of Momentum watches?

Hello All,

Just looking at the Momentum Innerspace and it ticks all my boxes. I would be interested in any feedback on this watch and the company generally.

Looking forward to reading any responses.

Cheers,

Andy

Re: Any comments on the quality of Momentum watches?

Hi Andy,

I almost bought this watch a few months back, mostly because it "ticked all of my boxes off too". Unfortunately, I had never seen it in the flesh, so I didn't. Well fast-forward a few months, and I was at a small store in Vancouver that had one. On the wrist it felt great. The rubber was quite soft, and I thought the compressor style case was very cool. I wasn't buying that day, but I would. Compared to the rest of the Momentum range, it is definitely their best watch. The finish is great, the size reasonable, the crown is solid and the display back shows the movement. Plus you get sapphire and IMO a cool look.
    The only negatives I read were that people noticed it was a chinese contract case, identical to a Schaumburg watch (not sure the model, but google them) and some people around these parts really like to dis the chinese case factor. As well, I recall one person saying it looked a LOT like the IWC Aquatimer series. These kind of detractors will probably see something wrong with anything that isn't a 5k+, totally original watch though. And the Chinese case sourcing issue has been beaten, and re-beaten to beyond a pulp, and ultimately means nothing.
    If you like it, go for it. I would suggest that a 22mm black zulu would make that dial pop! I personally wouldn't bother with the bracelet, but that's just me.
    Post some pics if you go for it.

Only trying to purchase keepers... The key word is trying.

I bought one of the woman's models for my wife last year and it has held up great. She likes to wear it very losely on her wrist so the bezel has taken a beating, but the crystal, case and bracelet have held up great.

The bezel has nice, solid clicks (60 I think on hers) and the fit and finish are better than expected for the price. I have also exchanged e-mails with the company when considering the purchase and they were quick to respond with answers. I like that and, to me, it is the sign of a decent company to work with.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I gave some serious thought to buying the Innerspace, but that 54mm lug to lug length is just too big for my 6.75" wrist. As for the company as a whole, I haven't heard very many negatives.

If you like that style, take a look at the Halios Laguna. The case isn't as long, and IMO, it's an overall better looking watch. It also comes with an Isofrane strap in addition to the bracelet.

Overall I like the company. My big beef with them is that they include that copyright/restricted icon after their name on the dial. I got my Aquamatic before they started doing that. With limited dial space it can be an issue for some
    Our wants are many, our needs are few.

I have nothing but good things to say about Momentum. I owned one of their Shadow ii divers for awhile. The inside of the crystal was smudged when I got it. Flawless experience with CS on the warranty work to have it cleaned.

Bought my wife an M1 diver Xmas last year, and she wears it all the time.

Momentum is a wonderful brand. Their CS is the best, and the watches are high quality especially for the price. My M1 feels like a much much more expensive watch. I would recommend them without hesitation.
    Cheers,
    Mike

All in all, I've had/purchased 6 M1's. One of them went a bit goofy and I had an issue with the customer service. Aside from the 1, the other 5 were great. Still have 1 myself and my missus has 2 of the ladies M1's. She is very happy with hers, wears them daily and mine is great as well. Only things I'd change, include a saphire crystal (at no extra cost) and definitely better lume.

St. Moritz/Momentum watches are super watches for the price. They seem to source parts to keep the quality high and the cost reasonable. They use Cinturini rubber straps on their watches, which are great (the kind with the vanilla scent). I have the Aquamatic II, which I bought in August of this year, and it hasn't left my wrist yet! It's a solid watch with an ETA movement that has been running around +3 seconds/day since I got it. Great case and bracelet, average lume (not super bright but it lasts long), fantastic CS and warranty, and killer following here in Canada. The one thing that I read about (on WUS I believe) is that they Innerspace does not have a lume pip on the bezel. Not sure if that's a deal breaker for you. Momentum watches seem to fly pretty low on the radar and just produce super tough and functional watches. I have never heard anything but good comments from others about Momentum watches. You can feel confident that the Momentum watch company and its products will not disappoint.

Hi everyone - Thanks for all your great comments, definitely is good to see our hard work paying off with happy customers, especially at this time of year where we've been frantically getting all our customers and retailer watches for the holiday season.

Most of our cases are made in China, it's not really something we hide as there are many excellent case makers located there. Many many quality brands make cases there. As a brand that strives for good value for money we will source the component where we feel it makes most sense for our customer, which really is all over the world.

I happen to agree with the poster about the (r) we use on our logo, but it's not something we hear very often. We actually hear more people wanting us to switch back to our old st. moritz logo and font.

If you have any specific questions about the innerspace give us a ring (800) 663-1881.
    tomherczog likes this.

Momentum Watches - Dive, Outdoor, & Custom Watches Made Tough.

Official Sponsor of Watchuseek.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information