Any Modern Non-Vintage REAL Super Compressors?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Any Modern Non-Vintage REAL Super Compressors?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any Modern Non-Vintage REAL Super Compressors?

Any modern watches out there with REAL super compressor cases and internal rotating bezels?
    Yes, I know some super compressors do not have internal bezels, but I need that feature.
    I am a real diver so it will go deep, very deep.
    Yes, I dive with ISO 6425 dive watches and dive computers.
    Do not want vintage, nor Dan Henry 1970 styles, but real super compressors.
    All that intro should cut this thread in half :)

So far all I can find is Farer Aqua Compressors, which will do if nothing else is revealed.
    THANKS ALL

Name:  Farer-Aqua-Compressors.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  24.1 KB

Re: Any Modern Non-Vintage REAL Super Compressors?

If by "real" supercompressor, you mean a watch with a floating caseback that compresses under pressure to increase water resistance, then the Farers are not "real" supercompressors. The caseback screws down as with any other dive watch.
    Darwin likes this.
    Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Why do these compressor watches think they’re so much better than other watches? Super? Cmon, maybe “ok compressors” or whatever but seems over the top to say super just because the caseback doesn’t even screw on correctly
    Kulprit likes this.

cant help sorry...just curious

Omega "Skyfall" Aqua Terra 8500

Quote Originally Posted by MX793 View Post
    If by "real" supercompressor, you mean a watch with a floating caseback that compresses under pressure to increase water resistance, then the Farers are not "real" supercompressors. The caseback screws down as with any other dive watch.
    That's why it will do if nothing else...

Quote Originally Posted by Toothbras View Post
    Why do these compressor watches think they’re so much better than other watches? Super? Cmon, maybe “ok compressors” or whatever but seems over the top to say super just because the caseback doesn’t even screw on correctly
    And Super Man should have called himself OK Man, cause he can easily be defeated by kryptonite...
    Someone will refer to the web article that explains just what a super compressor is verses a compressor. I know there are hands out there ready to copy that link.

Thanks for the efforts, I'll have to take a look at the recommended watches and their construction.

I am looking for a watch that uses the EPSA case design as patented. The Farer is close because it would have infringed the EPSA patent of the 1950's. Adding an obvious feature (screw back) to a patented design still infringes upon that patent. I guess you could call the Farer a super super compressor.

There are a number of compressor style watches out there that might fit. Spinnaker Bradford, Balticus Wave, RLG (Richard Le Grand), Zelos Helmsman, Oceanica is coming out with a new model which looks pretty good too. I think those designs lean modern.

On the vintage looking side you have Longines LD, Alpina, LIP Nautic-Ski, Gruppo Gamma, NTH Tropics. I bought a Landeron kit off eBay that's a JLC Polaris homage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry but FAIL! No real compressors here.

With all the success of the vintage remakes, who doesn't some microbrand recreate one, the industry would go crazy for it.
    Remember you heard it first from me.

I like single minded purpose of your search. Good luck and I hope someone here can help you out. Also, thanks for the link on the ones you did find. I like the design.
    Hate-on troll. You didn't earn my money. Mind your own business you incredibly smug, supercilious, inverted snob.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information