Atlantic Worldmaster Classic or Atlantic Worldmaster COSC ?

Thread: Atlantic Worldmaster Classic or Atlantic Worldmaster COSC ?

Atlantic Worldmaster Classic or Atlantic Worldmaster COSC ?

Good evening and thank you in advance for reviewing my first post. For the past ~12 years I have been wearing and loving a my Omega M300 as casual watch and an Omega Aqua Terra as a dress watch - both of these watches are quartz movement and candidly have performed flawlessly. Unfortunately I have worn them so much that they are looking a bit long in the tooth at this point.

I sincerely appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into a fine tuned automatic movement but candidly I am a bit turned off by adjusting the time of an automatic watch given the set it and forget quartz action that I am accustomed to.

With that said there aren't any options that I have seen in quartz watches that suit my taste. I am interested in a a white faced casual dress watch and before spending several thousand on a higher end automatic (Omega, Breitling...) I was thinking about purchasing an Atlantic Worldmaster or the COSC version of the Worldmaster. Small price difference between the two but I dislike paying for gimics. Is COSC worth the additional investment ?

This is the watch that most appeals to me http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-8372472...0_2230_5108652

Thanks again

Re: Atlantic Worldmaster Classic or Atlantic Worldmaster COSC ?

Welcome to the forum! I doubt it. Most watches are accurate enough it doesn't matter. Unless tremendous accuracy is a big deal to you, save the bucks for the more substantial purchase down the road. I suppose it also depends on if this is the only watch you will wear or whether it will be part of a rotation. Since I don't use a winder, my watches stop on their own accord and get reset long before they need to be reset due to accuracy.
    Last edited by mpalmer; August 27th, 2013 at 06:39.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Thank you very much for the response - sound advice. I ordered some replacement watches today - Glycine Combat Sub for a knock around watch and an Atlantic Worldmaster Classic for a dress watch. Initially I do not plan to use a winder but that is subject to change depending on how often I am having to set/reset the time. Thank you again

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You'll love the Atlantic. They are highly underrated here.

Thread Information