Budget "Dive Watches",that's worthy of the of the word..."Dive".
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Budget "Dive Watches",that's worthy of the of the word..."Dive".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Budget "Dive Watches",that's worthy of the of the word..."Dive".

Gents...Lets hear your opinions on "Dive Watches",that's $250 and under...that is of decent quality. READY..SET...GO!

Banned

Re: Budget "Dive Watches",that's worthy of the of the word..."Dive".

A Casio G-Shock would do if budget is the operating word
    jagdwerks, yankeexpress and GTR83 like this.

I'm not sure, but Helm Vanuatu can be found for that money, and it is tough as nails.

Poslano sa mog Redmi 5 Plus koristeći Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The one time I asked an actual scuba diver which watch she would wear for diving she said it would be the Promaster. But she also quickly said she would never dive with a watch unless she had to. (I guess the other equipment has the time on it...???).
    jagdwerks likes this.
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

My WIS Confessions

Any of the eco-drive or seiko solar offerings, along with any of the automatic Seiko turtles/SKX. Additionally anything by Scurfa. All have been tried and tested.
    jagdwerks likes this.
    "10:08:37"

Scurfa is what comes to mind immediately for me. The Diver One retails just under $250 and the Bell Diver 1 occasionally pops up on the 2nd hand market around that price. The company is run (and the watches designed) by an actual working diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan T. View Post
    The one time I asked an actual scuba diver which watch she would wear for diving she said it would be the Promaster. But she also quickly said she would never dive with a watch unless she had to. (I guess the other equipment has the time on it...???).
    Everyone dives with a computer nowadays that auto calculates decompression stops etc...some even Bluetooth from the tanks and give you readings on air supply.

However - a lot of old school divers (me included) also always wear a watch as a back up. Old school bezel set as a back up. Older instructors (which are the only ones I know, younger people may not) also wear dive watches but usually quartz ones from the dive brands such as mares or aqualung.

As for OP’s question - love them or loath them, Vostok Amfibia are proper automatic dive watches for the price of a decent steak meal. Innovative case design to deal with pressure and arguably the best case back design in the business. Necessity is the mother of invention - check the back story out, interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Elmero, Ragl, EPK and 4 others like this.

Significantly less than $200...

Name:  IMG-1248.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  2.08 MB
    Attachment 14801349
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Theory of Relativity: How long an hour is depends on which side of the bathroom door you happen to be on.

EPK

Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire_Tom View Post
    Everyone dives with a computer nowadays that auto calculates decompression stops etc...some even Bluetooth from the tanks and give you readings on air supply.

However - a lot of old school divers (me included) also always wear a watch as a back up. Old school bezel set as a back up. Older instructors (which are the only ones I know, younger people may not) also wear dive watches but usually quartz ones from the dive brands such as mares or aqualung.

As for OP’s question - love them or loath them, Vostok Amfibia are proper automatic dive watches for the price of a decent steak meal. Innovative case design to deal with pressure and arguably the best case back design in the business. Necessity is the mother of invention - check the back story out, interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have to agree about the Amphibian and they're highly customizable (pic). You never have to worry about water ingress regardless of how many times you remove the caseback.

Any of the Orients do fine too (Mako, Ray, Kamasu). A watch enthusiast and diver took his Ray or Mako on a dive , took pics, decent depth and no issues. It's on his blog. He dives with it frequently.

Good luck. There are loads of options.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

EPK

Here's the review with comments about diving with the Ray towards the bottom. Looks like the deepest he's gone is 100'/30m.

https://divewatchesblog.com/reviews/...ray-ii-review/

By the way, I have zero affiliation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information