Certina DS Action Precidrive overview - Page 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Certina DS Action Precidrive overview

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Certina DS Action Precidrive overview

I noticed the DS Action with the bezel isn't on the Certain website. I see they're still available on other websites. Maybe they have been discontinued?

Just caught wind of this brand within the last few months; I think they're overlooked by most, which is a shame. Been eyeballing the DS-2 chrono (the one with the green hands) - 40mm in a chrono is almost unheard of. Glad to see they're making divers of the same quality. And from what I've seen, great brand for the money. Been moving away from divers lately, but these are definitely cool.

Great write-up.
    Fergfour likes this.
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

Quote Originally Posted by Dan T. View Post
    Just caught wind of this brand within the last few months; I think they're overlooked by most, which is a shame. Been eyeballing the DS-2 chrono (the one with the green hands) - 40mm in a chrono is almost unheard of. Glad to see they're making divers of the same quality. And from what I've seen, great brand for the money. Been moving away from divers lately, but these are definitely cool.

Great write-up.
    Certina does offer a couple other watches besides the DS Action Precidrive which are 41mm. The chrono you mentioned is pretty slick:
    Name:  1515_s_rt (2).jpg
Views: 18
Size:  89.6 KB

They also have a GMT that I'm drawn to for some reason:
    Name:  4220_s_rt (2).jpg
Views: 21
Size:  80.1 KB

I do like certain other Certina models but they're all larger than 41mm and that's my arbitrary limit at this point in time.
    Last edited by Fergfour; 1 Week Ago at 04:37.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here are a few more pics of mine:

Name:  front.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  76.1 KB The hand design allows you to see the hour hand under the minute hand.

Name:  side.jpg
Size:  98.7 KBName:  side 2.jpg
Size:  99.7 KB Sits very low on the wrist and has nice curved form fitting lugs.

Name:  lume.jpg
Size:  82.6 KB Another lume shot after holding it to a light bulb for 10 seconds or so.

This is my first foray into the brand, and I'm very pleased so far.
    Dan T. and Hokiechris like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    Here are a few more pics of mine:

Name:  front.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  76.1 KB The hand design allows you to see the hour hand under the minute hand.

Name:  side.jpg
Size:  98.7 KBName:  side 2.jpg
Size:  99.7 KB Sits very low on the wrist and has nice curved form fitting lugs.

Name:  lume.jpg
Size:  82.6 KB Another lume shot after holding it to a light bulb for 10 seconds or so.

This is my first foray into the brand, and I'm very pleased so far.
    Gorgeous. I really like the way they shaped the lugs to hug the wrist like that. It's like it was poured onto your arm.

I'm not fickle for lume but I like that tint. Reminds me of Bulova lume a little - has a cool hue to it.

Damn you guys I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on that DS-2 Chrono... And I'm not even a Chrono guy! It's all your fault!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Fergfour likes this.
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

Looks great!
    Fergfour likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information