CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 100
Like Tree30910Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 100 of 519 FirstFirst ... 50 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 5185

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Originally Posted by hwa...../ I have the watch still, and that I, too, politely declined a purchase offer?/...

..../ I repeatedly confirm the quality of the build and value at the pricepoint. /...

..../ I don't mind saying that I think it's better build quality that the Damasko and OWC/.....

I know a guy who will buy it off you for $500. Pakalolo, where are you bra?
    kelt and Avo like this.
    Hate-on troll. You didn't earn my money. Mind your own business you incredibly smug, supercilious, inverted snob.

Avo

Two new video reviews just out:

SDGenius:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f67/gin...w-4050642.html

Watchreport:
    https://www.watchreport.com/ginault-...-watch-review/

Also a write-up and lots of pics at the latter. One key quote:
    So what is the quality like? Crazy good. Yep, I said crazy good. It is the best sub homage I have ever held in my hands. The construction, the case finishing, the dial work is all well above most microbrand watches. Honestly, it makes a Steinhart look cheap.
    Apexer and Radar1 like this.
    Sharper Image moonphase, Ronda 708 quartz (my only watch for 20+ years)
    Citizen BM8242-08E Ecodrive, black dial, gold-tone case
    Citizen AP1042-03A Ecodrive moonphase, white dial, gold-tone case
    Sartego Ocean Master SPA27, yellow dial, Miyota 8215
    Christopher Ward C5 Aviator Mark I, black dial, ETA 2824
    Chinese Mechanical Forum 2011 project watch, moonphase, Sea-Gull ST25
    Casio G-Shock AWGM100B-1A, analog solar atomic
    Kadloo Scubamarine, black dial, ETA 2824
    Aevig Huldra, orange dial, Miyota 9015
    Makara Hawksbill Sea Turtle, bronze case, maroon dial, Seiko NH35
    Ginault Ocean Rover, black dial, Ginault 7275
    Boldr Odyssey, white dial, Seiko NH35
    Borealis Portus Cale, white dial, Miyota 9015
    Hamtun Neon, full-lume dial, STP 1-11
    Vratislavia Conceptum Pan-Africa, green dial, Miyota 9015
    Vostoc Classica, white dial, Vostoc 2409.01
    Grails: RGM 801-PS-CE, GO PanoMaticLunar, ALS 1815 moonphase LE

Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    Two new video reviews just out:

SDGenius:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f67/gin...w-4050642.html

Watchreport:
    https://www.watchreport.com/ginault-...-watch-review/

Also a write-up and lots of pics at the latter. One key quote:
    Great reviews that mirror my opinion of the watch. Here it is in youtube, better link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHXQ8Cqg4io

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6pBKwSc9v4
    Hate-on troll. You didn't earn my money. Mind your own business you incredibly smug, supercilious, inverted snob.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RNHC View Post
    Seems you just undermined Ginault claimed "specialness" with its specially developed copper alloy and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by kelt View Post
    You are wrong again, confusing quality of the material used by Ginault with design of parts.
    What the heck are you blabbering about? Ginault claims Ocean Rover is "special" because among other things, it uses special copper alloy Ginault developed, i.e. quality of the material. Who said anything about design of parts? The movement is ETA copy. The case is Rolex copy. The bracelet is GlideLock copy. There is nothing "special" about design of Ocean Rover's parts. Am I confused or are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Stellite View Post
    Just remember we WIS are a microcosm. We are not the real world. I can guarantee you that no one outside of us knows nth. Not even AD's know it. Guaranteed. I can go to Hyde park tomorrow and ask them and they will say "who?" Betteridge will as well and even right time who has micro's will not know it. To me NTH has nothing over Ginault. In fact, I am betting that it will be the other way around in a year. But I guess time will tell.
    I don't know what brought on the non sequitur about nobody cares in the real world rumination but, of course, we are talking in context of WIS. We are exchanging views in WUS, aren't we? Did you find me a watchmaker yet, stellite? You made it sound like it would a slam dunk for you. Get me references if you can. Thanks, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by kelt View Post
    DocVail designed the NTH, and had the watches build in China then where is the builder's reputation there?

About design points, I would give negative points to the NTH case design for defacing the almost perfect balance of the early Submariner case.

Ginault claims no design points others than matching the defunct classic Submariner in looks and felt quality.
    The brand is the word you are looking for. As you know, almost all microbrand watches are built in China. Are you questioning all the microbrands' reputation? But I digress. The brand's reputation is built on initial quality of the product, longevity of existence, and post-sale service qualities such responsiveness. By those measures, docvail's brand got it all over Ginault. Oh, yeah. Regular interaction with the customer base by the owner of the brand doesn't hurt either - especially in the thread started by the brand.

If you want to talk about design, look up what "homage" really means in design sense. Then look up "copy." Which do you think has more originality?

Quote Originally Posted by mf1tym View Post
    Wow seems like the NTH supporters are back for another round of page building. What did Ginault do that pissed off those other micro brands supporters so much?
    Where did this come from? Say something not negative about a brand and automatically becomes a supporter? I said Ocean Rover seems nicely built. Does that make me a Ginault supporter? You seem to be grasping for something but I can't tell why or what you are grasping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeguy View Post
    Trying to to tear down the Ginault by posting ignorant arguments will not make the NTH anything more than what it is, an inexpensive, Sub-inspired, made in China, watch.

The fact these few NTH fans are so focused on the Ginault bashing makes me more suspicious of the NTH brand than anything I have dug up on Ginault.
    How did questioners (not even critics) of Ginault turn into NTH fans all of a sudden? Because NTH was used in comparison? How does that make NTH anti-Ginault? You and mf1tym are sure funny... not ha-ha funny though, unfortunately.

I can see the distasteful & childish posts resurfacing in this thread......and that's unfortunate. It's a shame adults enjoying the same hobby can't tastefully discuss and respect others opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kelt, DEMO111, Crater and 1 others like this.
    *Seiko SARB065* *Seiko SBDX001 MM300* *G Shock GA110-1B*

Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    Meanwhile, there is zero evidence that ETA replacements parts couldn't be used in the Ginault movement. Zero, zip, nada, none.
    And there is zero evidence that ETA replacements parts could be used in the Ginault movement either. Only possibility is acknowledged based on jtragic's words. There is no definitive proof. Since most, if not all, watchmakers don't touch ETA clones for whatever reason, you'd most likely have to replace the entire movement with ETA or equivalent clone, assuming Ginault not being able to service its products, of course.

Thread Information