CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 109
Like Tree30958Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 109 of 523 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 5223

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Quote Originally Posted by 59er View Post
    OK this thread has halted somewhat so I'll ad a pic and say that I have been enjoying the OR for a week or so and am only growing fonder of it with each day.

Will put a review together later (for those that may still be on the fence and are still looking for new reviews) when I have enough wear to evaluate but so far only have good things to say about it.

I was under the impression the coupon or review discount was no longer valid. Their website has the price listed as $1,299 and shipping in one week. It will be interesting to the their pricing structure moving forward.
    PS- Nice picture

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jlow28; April 22nd, 2017 at 04:47.
    "The race is long and,in the end, it's only with yourself..."

Quote Originally Posted by jlow28 View Post
    I was under the impression the coupon or review discount was no longer valid. Their website has the price listed as $1,299 and shipping in one week. It will be interesting to the their pricing structure moving forward.
    PS- Nice picture

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
    Yes I think I may have been one of the last to get the review discount as it was noted a day or two after I ordered that the code no longer worked.

Cheers.

Has anyone inquired whether they will sell the bracelet separately?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There is now a 45 percent discount for reviews. You need to contact them though for it.
    The next watch I get will definitively, finally, and without a question, be my last one!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeguy View Post
    ^^^ Add to this the current common practice of micros having to give away samples of their watches to blog owners for "review". Some reviewed watches are returned, but many are sold on the secondary market AKA the "pump and dump".

Of course a blog owner could slag a sample watch in their review, but that would likely result in them being cut off from future releases, essentially killing their lifeblood of new watches to review. There is an implicit relationship in this situation.

FWIW, the blogs which have reviewed this watch gave very positive overviews.

I look at at two indicators to see through all the drama surrounding these threads:

#1 - How often are these watches reviewed then rapidly sold? By all indications, not very often. Maybe we'll see more now that the coupons are expired and people will try to make a profit in their sale, but to date this is a very infrequently flipped watch.

#2 - How often do the power posters who are so against this watch post similarly in threads about similar homages such as Tissell? Not often if at all. This indicates to me there is something else driving their motivations which discounts their opinion in my estimation.
    I have been feeling #2 a lot for a while. It is weird how those posters targeted every Ginault thread as well as YouTube clip so relentlessly which started to make me think their agenda and motive.

59er said it so well. Why are you so passionate about something that you don't like? Just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by mf1tym; April 25th, 2017 at 06:07.

The handful of Ginault "bashers" appear to be also very active in the"Best Submariner Homage threads", it's funny to see that they worship MKII watches (lesser quality than Ginault and sold at much higher prices) and NTH homages straight from China and way overpriced (same quality as Armida subs but costing twice as much).

Ginault comes along with the very best Submariner homage offering at any prices and these same NTH/ MKII worshipers do their very best to bash Ginault and disrupt the O.R. related threads, it's weird
    Attached Images Attached Images

Avo, mf1tym, 59er and 2 others like this.

A good review of the Ginault on another website......

The tale of two homages
    The next watch I get will definitively, finally, and without a question, be my last one!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kelt View Post
    The handful of Ginault "bashers" appear to be also very active in the"Best Submariner Homage threads", it's funny to see that they worship MKII watches (lesser quality than Ginault and sold at much higher prices) and NTH homages straight from China and way overpriced (same quality as Armida subs but costing twice as much).

Ginault comes along with the very best Submariner homage offering at any prices and these same NTH/ MKII worshipers do their very best to bash Ginault and disrupt the O.R. related threads, it's weird
    I guess that's the power of online marketing that Ginault should take notes. Doc V writes a lot and certainly has a way with words and with his readers. He knows how to rally up a crowd of supporters. And for some mysterious reasons it makes people willing to dish out double the money for something that can be had for half the price with other less marketed brands.

It is evident now that Ginault Ocean Rover's quality is leagues above the other Sub homage brands. But why is Ginault's Ocean Rover being sold at the current 500-600 range only? IMHO if Ginault picked up a trick or two from them the Ocean Rover can easily be marketed at the 2k range along side with other entry level Swiss brands.

After 4 good months of wearing and bonding with my OR. I can say the Ocean Rover's fit and finish is every bit on par with my 116610LV. The accuracy is there too.
    Last edited by mf1tym; April 26th, 2017 at 08:21.
    bolts40, kelt, Avo and 1 others like this.

I know this is not an image gallery but can't think of a more appropriate thread.

Enjoying a coffee and the OR this morning.

mf1tym, Avo, Hj3lm and 5 others like this.

Question Bracelet issues

Quote Originally Posted by kelt View Post

???lesser quality??? My early Kingston and Nassau were south of $1K and Keywest a little north so not much higher.

No quality issues with me and I own a few. My original Kingston has been very active, swimming, surf / sup'ing and it's never skipped a beat. Been wearing a ginault for the last 2 months straight. Take it off for work and it has only been in the pool no ocean. Love it but it's not as accurate as my MK's but close enough. As long as it's a few seconds fast I'm happy. 1 SEC slow drives me way more CRAZY!

The bracelet that gets so much praise seems to already be having issues for me. Today running late for work I go to take my watch off and the flip lock is stuck in the closed position and will not open Not wanting to damage it I was able to slowly pry it open but it did not feel good forcing it open! Checked it out tonight with a loupe and cannot determine what caused it to lock up? The glide lock was jammed so tight it took a big effort to disengage it and there was no dirt inside? The flip lock is now noticeably looser.

Has anyone else had any issues?

Thread Information