CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 11
Like Tree29530Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 11 of 415 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Quote Originally Posted by jdmfetish View Post
    at 60% Off the $1299 price $520

its not bad

I have owned every Sub homage

whatever
    Indeed it seems like a great value at 500-600$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Radar1 likes this.
    ALEXANDER SHOROKHOFF Vintage 2 #22/99 | ALKIN Model One Blue LE | ALPINA Startimer Quartz Chronograph | BLANCPAIN Bathyscaphe | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK DW5600 Rasta, DW5600HR, & GW-M6610 | FARER Eldridge Chrono, Lander & Pointing II LE #2/100 GMT's, Pendine Chrono | GSD 3A pilot | NODUS Retrospect | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | PELTONWatch Sector | SCURFA Bell Diver 1 PVD, DiverOne Gen I LE PVD Auto, DiverOne GenII X 6 :) | SINN 103 | SPINNACKER Tesei Bronze & Ti, Sorrento | SWATCH Irony Chrono | TOCKr Air Defender Blue & Panda LE | TRASKA Freediver | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom, UNDONExPEANUTS Press Edition & Tropical Sahara | ZENITH Cronometro CP2 WWP LE #43/50 | ZODIAC GrandRally |

Preordered: TOPPERS LE Seiko

CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Quote Originally Posted by RNHC View Post
    Sure but keep in mind that you have to write a paper on "Ginault, how do I love thee" for that 60% discount.
    Writing a quick review of 300-400 word isn't that hard. Some here have typed far more arguing with 0-value added and creating animosity on what should be a fun convo and hobby in general. Surely those same folks can write a quick summary of their view on a watch. But I do not favor their marketing practice either :)

Many WIS start a new thread for their new arrivals anyway sharing their first impressions so why not do it for the Ginault if they are interested in checking it out but can't pay the inflated msrp :)
    I personally wouldn't pay it :) but at 500$ I'd be willing to give it a go though I have some concerns

Last edited by Jeep99dad; December 26th, 2016 at 19:51.
    ALEXANDER SHOROKHOFF Vintage 2 #22/99 | ALKIN Model One Blue LE | ALPINA Startimer Quartz Chronograph | BLANCPAIN Bathyscaphe | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK DW5600 Rasta, DW5600HR, & GW-M6610 | FARER Eldridge Chrono, Lander & Pointing II LE #2/100 GMT's, Pendine Chrono | GSD 3A pilot | NODUS Retrospect | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | PELTONWatch Sector | SCURFA Bell Diver 1 PVD, DiverOne Gen I LE PVD Auto, DiverOne GenII X 6 :) | SINN 103 | SPINNACKER Tesei Bronze & Ti, Sorrento | SWATCH Irony Chrono | TOCKr Air Defender Blue & Panda LE | TRASKA Freediver | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom, UNDONExPEANUTS Press Edition & Tropical Sahara | ZENITH Cronometro CP2 WWP LE #43/50 | ZODIAC GrandRally |

Quote Originally Posted by jdmfetish View Post
    people who bought his Base Module 1 in 2011 liked it

he can build a watch

OWC is $750 ISH with Seagull and $1000 ISH with Soprod

MKII is $1750 ISH with ETA and you will wait TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long for it

This at $520 is priced fine
    MKii is ridiculous. Never understood their marketing model either. I'll admit their watches seem well built but have only seen one in the metal and wasn't that impressed that I'd pay 1500$ for it or even 1k and wait indefinitely and made feel it's a privilege
    To :)

whoa and mleok like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Djk949 View Post
    To be crystal clear, a watchmaker's (not a modder's) tear down would be needed to substantiate the claims made here. Eyeballing pics or the actual product does not do that.

Agreed. I'd love to see that happen :)

Quote Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
    It's a shame the Secret Service II model didn't make it to production. I have also read some comments about spotty CS. They have an opportunity here with a new model to bolster that side of things.

Attachment 10286970
    Wow. That's a hot watch.

I don't feel like reading 10 reviews but I'd be interested to hear what CS issues folks have experienced

I've been down this road too but clearly haven't found one that I was completely happy with. I might be willing to try one more time with this one.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cajun View Post
    Before I knew there was a world of dive watches besides a Rolex Sub, I wore the Sub 24/7 for about a decade, my only complaint it being too small. Never could adjust my perception and I got bigger, lol, so it got even smaller.

I love the Rolex and Tudor subs but 40mm is a tad small especially on strap. Wears a bit larger on bracelet.

I think the new Squale 42mm sub homage with ceramic bezel at 550 is a heck of a deal and a great answer to folks wanting a larger sub. Seems well made too

jamsie likes this.

Here are some thoughts in random order as i just finished reading the whole thread

- where the heck is Ginault?? Post all their marketing stuff page 1 then boom... disappear.
    I'd like to see them respond worth objective factual replies.

- If touting made in USA and in house... I want specific from the company especially if I am to pay a premium.
    I'd love to see transparency and specifics about what parts and portion of labor is US sourced.

- i love made in USA and try to buy made in USA when I can. I'll pay a premium for it.

- I love the watch and it looks very well made from the photos. But hard to judge from photos of course.

- $520 is a very reasonable price for a well made homage with some US made attributes.

- I owned various Steinhart's and I didn't think the quality was all that great vs other micros. I also think their CS has not been very good, it hasn't kept with the company growth.
    Their case is also too long and of a poor design from a profile. It's flat and sticks out.

- I can't afford a Rolex right now and would like a nice homage. I am very interested in the new 42mm Squale sub with ceramic bezel

- lastly I'm very disappointed to read some of the comments, the fighting and animosity by some posters. It takes away from our hobby and pleasant/meaningful conversations. (Btw We don't have to agree. )

I have had an articulate and lengthy response to an email sent to Ginault. All the parts in the movement - save the ones they mentioned - were made in the USA. Then hand assembled and regulated by them. It is not built on a base Chinese movement. I also have assurances that the lume is comparable to C3 in performance. They will be posting further details on their watch shortly, including the movement. I don't believe they are exaggerating the quality of the watch but everyone is entitled to an opinion - well founded and fair, or otherwise. I think they are sincere and have put together a very nice sub homage.

Jeep99dad, Hornet99, Knoc and 3 others like this.

I have had an articulate and lengthy response to an email sent to Ginault. All the parts in the movement - save the ones they mentioned - were made in the USA. Then hand assembled and regulated by them. It is not built on a base Chinese movement. I also have assurances that the lume is comparable to C3 in performance. They will be posting further details on their watch shortly, including the movement. I don't believe they are exaggerating the quality of the watch but everyone is entitled to an opinion - well founded and fair, or otherwise. I think they are sincere and have put together a very nice sub homage.

Brilliant and well done for getting a response. I'm still not sure what the point was though, all that effort to produce what is essentially a clone of an ETA movement. So is their movement any better than a well adjusted (COSC) ETA movement? Why not buy an ETA (or something else) and put your own stamp on and adjust it well.......?

I may have missed the point, so am willing to be educated!
    Last edited by Hornet99; December 27th, 2016 at 00:41.
    / Oris 65 Diver 40mm / Tudor Pelagos 25500TN / Eterna 1960 Dress Watch / NTH Barracuda Vintage Black

WPAC Member #01

That's great news. Thanks for sharing.
    I look forward to them getting engaged with facts in this thread.

Radar1 likes this.

Page 11 of 415 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread Information