CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 2
Like Tree29504Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 2 of 410 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    What a load of.... Hyperbole.

these guys are selling snake oil in my opinion. Trying to read between the lines and garner some factual data out of this is almost impossible. I've concluded its a Chinese 2824 clone in which they make some parts and then assemble and test themselves.... Why not say as much? What is all this about luminescent material and corundum.... Scratching my head...

if they just kept it honest and simple and kept the price competitive, they might be more successful. I actually like the look of the watch a lot, with the exception of too much text on the dial.
    Yeah, there's an absolute truckload of hyperbole and throwing out technical words to sound better than they are. Corundum is just a fancy name for Sapphire, for instance. Naming the movement your own "calibre" is an age old way of making it sound more fancy. This is Invicta level marketing.
    RNHC, maxpowerman and mleok like this.
    Currently
    Longines Legend Diver (Grail!), Tudor Heritage Black Bay (Grail!), Fortis B-42 Official Cosmonauts Chronograph (Grail!), Aquadive BS100 GMT Orange (Grail!), Glycine Combat Sub 42 "Phantom", Citizen Promaster NY0040-09E, Dan Henry 1970/40 Grey, Dan Henry 1963 Black, Accutron VX-200 Black, Bulova Moon Watch 9B251, Bulova Precisionist 98B212, Casio OCEANUS OCW-G1000-1AJF Waveceptor Titanium, Marathon TSAR, Bathys Hawaii Benthic Black/PVD, Sharkey 6105 Homage, Borealis Sea Storm, Borealis Estoril Blue/Triangle/ND, many more
    Seiko
    Prospex SRP773 modded, Prospex SRP775 modded, Prospex SUN019, SKX173 modded, SKX173, SNDA65, SNA225, SNZH53,
    6309-7040 6/'83
    Vostok
    Amphibia SE 150RE2L2 "Baikonur" (Grail!), Amphibia 110725, Amphibia SE 020677S, Amphibia 710059, Amphibia 110916, Kommandirski, V-E N1 Raketa x2
    On Way

Soon
    Squale 1521 Opaco Blue

The Figures

40mm in Diameter, 50mm from Lug to Lug, 45mm from Bezel to Crown, 15.6mm Bottom to Top, Distance between Lugs: 20.05mm, Solid End Link width: 20.03mm

Meh... another Sub clone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

We understand many members are interested and would like to add a Ginault Ocean-Rover to their collection. We also understand before you can pull the trigger many of you would love to see more pictures and reviews by other members.

That’s why we are ready to prepare a special 55% off offer if you can agree to share a write up (at least 350 words) with pictures on WUS or an “open box” clip on Youtube with you narrating your thoughts and opinion after you receive our watches.

Use coupon code: openbox55 (limted 10 use) Please provide us with your WUS/Youtube username in the comment section during checkout.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have noticed that Ginault Ocean Rover is inevitably compared to many other more affordable homage makes.

We truly do want the chance for members to see the built quality in our products and the value Ocean-Rover brings.

If you are an owner of one or more Submariner homage watches and are ready to add a Ginault Ocean-Rover to your list, by agreeing to write a detailed comparison reviews on Ocean-Rover V.S. your current Submariner homages on the forums we will offer you a 60% off discount code for the purchase.

Please email us at “[email protected]” and let us know what Submariner homage you own for this special 60% off coupon.

Meh I feel like I'm being patronized

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't really get all the negativity/sarcasm here. To me it looks like a lot of thought and effort has gone into this one. No need to get into the jaded homage debate because there are no claims made otherwise by the maker. To me it looks like a beautifully executed and finished sub homage. If questions linger about the origins of the movement, I am sure Ginault will step up to answer them.

Yankee - be interesting to hear Doc's take on these relative to the NTH line. It would appear to me that the level of finishing is visibly higher on the Ginault. That isn't meant to belittle the NTH product line in any way.
    drhr, Knoc, g.l.costanza and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Wonder if they took a look at the competition

Fully lumed bezel
    Very thin (11mm I think),
    300m WR
    Sapphire
    28,800 beat per second
    Sword sweep second hand
    Much lower price
    Hey that pic looks familiar...wait that's my own wrist lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yankeexpress, mleok and Brey17 like this.

Had a Steinhart ocean 1.
    Loved it. Hated the straight end links, which attributed to it never fitting well.
    With those discounts, gona be watching.
    Knoc
    |Underground Inventive. Overground Effective​|
    Sinn:
    EZM-13 | Omega: Planet Ocean 600m- 8800 (39.5mm) | MKII Nassua- Red T (#30) | Omega: PO-8500 (42mm) | OWC: 9411 NC | OWC: 6538 NC | Monta: OceaKing | Tourby: LawLess 40mm

Quote Originally Posted by Knoc View Post
    Had a Steinhart ocean 1.
    Loved it. Hated the straight end links, which attributed to it never fitting well.
    With those discounts, gona be watching.
    I had the previous gen Ocean One Vintage Red. Still regret selling it - especially after seeing the horrible new muted grey dial colour. My main dislike was the very flat case. It would appear that this one has a similar design, albeit at 40mm vs 42mm. Like the sword hands, and red second hand. I think the finishing on the Ginault clearly exceeds the entry level Steinharts, but someone really should buy one and confirm that.

Quote Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
    I had the previous gen Ocean One Vintage Red. Still regret selling it - especially after seeing the horrible new muted grey dial colour. My main dislike was the very flat case. It would appear that this one has a similar design, albeit at 40mm vs 42mm. Like the sword hands, and red second hand. I think the finishing on the Ginault clearly exceeds the entry level Steinharts, but someone really should buy one and confirm that.
    I'm there with you man.
    Knoc
    |Underground Inventive. Overground Effective​|
    Sinn:
    EZM-13 | Omega: Planet Ocean 600m- 8800 (39.5mm) | MKII Nassua- Red T (#30) | Omega: PO-8500 (42mm) | OWC: 9411 NC | OWC: 6538 NC | Monta: OceaKing | Tourby: LawLess 40mm

Page 2 of 410 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread Information