CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 201
Like Tree30936Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 201 of 522 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 251 301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 5212
  1. #2001
    Member goyoneuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,393

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    I guess I spoke while you were working (ain't TWSS ).

    Awesome ! I really hope folks keep it civilized this time.

    Cheers !

    G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Yes. I hoping that no horror will ensue only pics and discussion of the watch. Fingers Crossed
    Seller Feedback, click here ! ---> Feedback. And more via email if required !

  2. #2002
    hwa
    hwa is online now
    Member hwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    7,362

    Re: Ginault Submariner unofficial owner thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryeguy View Post
    I wish Ginault would make one with a fully indexed bezel insert and a silver arrow seconds hand. I would rock that on an admiralty grey NATO as it would be arguably the best 5517 homage around.

    In the meantime, I'll make do...

    Attachment 12687353
    Probably I'll get hammered for this, but it shouldn't be hard to find a fully indexed aftermarket bezel insert like you're mentioning, and the seconds hand should also be readily findable in an ETA size. If you haven't done such mods, videos and tutorials abound. It's not even difficult the first time, so long as you have a decent magnifier and haven't had too much coffee.
    the_watchier likes this.
    "Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
    And tell the world that everything's OK,
    But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
    'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black."

  3. #2003
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    43* North
    Posts
    1,507

    Re: Ginault Submariner unofficial owner thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by hwa View Post
    Probably I'll get hammered for this, but it shouldn't be hard to find a fully indexed aftermarket bezel insert like you're mentioning, and the seconds hand should also be readily findable in an ETA size. If you haven't done such mods, videos and tutorials abound. It's not even difficult the first time, so long as you have a decent magnifier and haven't had too much coffee.
    Iíll not hammer you for this comment. All good in my book.

    I tried my hand at modding a while ago, but Iím not confident in my capabilities.

    Keyless works are my nemesis. I seem to be good at messing them up and I canít stand repairing them.

    Plus, I wear my dive watches in the ocean frequently. If I were to disassemble the watch for the hand swap, Iíd want to have it pressure tested.

    I might consider doing the mod once the warranty period is over, but if Ginault could make one with drilled lugs and perfectly matching lume, Iíd probably just buy theirs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #2004
    hwa
    hwa is online now
    Member hwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    7,362

    Re: Ginault Submariner unofficial owner thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryeguy View Post
    Iíll not hammer you for this comment. All good in my book.

    I tried my hand at modding a while ago, but Iím not confident in my capabilities.

    Keyless works are my nemesis. I seem to be good at messing them up and I canít stand repairing them.

    Plus, I wear my dive watches in the ocean frequently. If I were to disassemble the watch for the hand swap, Iíd want to have it pressure tested.

    I might consider doing the mod once the warranty period is over, but if Ginault could make one with drilled lugs and perfectly matching lume, Iíd probably just buy theirs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trick to avoid upsetting the keyless is to press down to the bare minimum necessary to free the stem. If you mash it, youre asking for it.

    For water, you can pick up inexpensive gasket sealant--its a clamshell, and you drop gasket inside, close the lid, and youre good to go. But, try it on something cheap first!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
    And tell the world that everything's OK,
    But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
    'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black."

  6. #2005
    Member WastedYears's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    937

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    I just wanted to show some appreciation for the OR's great bracelet and clasp.

    And I think it works pretty well on my Seaforth too!

    Name:  AUEINRo.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  184.1 KB

  7. #2006
    Member goyoneuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,393

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    Ok... This is great. Could you please elaborate on the SEL fit?

    I like the Seafotth but need a bracelet option.

    Cheers.

    G.
    Quote Originally Posted by WastedYears View Post
    I just wanted to show some appreciation for the OR's great bracelet and clasp.

    And I think it works pretty well on my Seaforth too!

    Name:  AUEINRo.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  184.1 KB
    Seller Feedback, click here ! ---> Feedback. And more via email if required !

  8. #2007
    Member WastedYears's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    937

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    Quote Originally Posted by goyoneuff View Post
    Ok... This is great. Could you please elaborate on the SEL fit?

    I like the Seafotth but need a bracelet option.

    Cheers.

    G.
    There's almost zero gap on the sides and no noticeable gap at the top either. There's a very slight up/down wobble, but it's barely there. If it weren't for the fact that optically, the rounded end links don't quit suit the hard edges of the lugs, you'd think the bracelet was made for the watch.

    I've got a an Everest rubber strap fitted with the OR's clasp that I will be mounting on the Seaforth fairly soon. I'm sure that will go together smashingly as well!

  9. #2008
    Member houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    411

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    I have always been a staunch "must have a date window" guy. The Ginault has changed the way I think. I need a glowing smurfs no-date! Which lume is more intense, white or gold sand?
    rosborn likes this.

  10. #2009
    Member Jtragic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,666

    Re: Ginault Submariner unofficial owner thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by rosborn View Post
    Here's my deal, and y'all may think this rather strange but..., my Ocean Rover has ruined me for other watches. I've been looking at other watches to pick up, as we all do, and I'm just interested in wearing anything else.
    Good for the wallet tho.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rosborn likes this.



    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"


  11. #2010
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    872

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    For those with the BGW9 lume. Are your indices bright white like the print on the dial? Mine are distinctly cream colored and there is a distinct difference between the two. Just wondering if this is how the lume should look in person.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

  1. watchesaresocool,
  2. 59er

Similar Threads

  1. Ginault Ocean Rover?
    By Hornet99 in forum Affordable watches
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: March 17th, 2019, 22:26
  2. FS: Ginault Base Module 1 - Best Submariner Homage RARE
    By cradams in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 1st, 2015, 16:37
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 16th, 2014, 17:02
  4. $450 GINAULT BASE MODULE 1 BEST ROLEX SUBMARINER HOMAGE WATCH LIKE NEW
    By usbzoso in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 4th, 2014, 04:19
  5. WTB Ginault Sterile Submariner
    By usbzoso in forum WTB - Wanted to Buy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 21st, 2010, 06:58

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts