CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 293
Like Tree30958Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 293 of 523 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 343 393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 5223

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Sun rover

Name:  20171029_124357.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  207.9 KB
    rosborn, Avo, drwindsurf and 3 others like this.

Jealous Rover ^^^
    Name:  IMG_2536.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  90.2 KB

Working Rover

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Commuting Rover
    Name:  smurf 49.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  114.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LARufCTR View Post
    I will keep everyone informed as to my wait time...I ordered on 3/17.....
    I was contacted by John @ Ginault today (3/24) informing me my wait time would be 2-3 weeks from date of order :)
    rosborn and drwindsurf like this.

No Sunday without my Ocean Rover...

Name:  20180325_093939x.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  236.3 KB

Court Rover :P Hoping the snow has melted and the courts are dry today!!!
    Attachment 13005235
    Last edited by JohnBPittsburgh; March 25th, 2018 at 12:37.

I would like some input from the forum members. My Ocean Rover is three weeks old and has been running 10 to 12 seconds fast per day. The final 6 week regulation provided from Ginault showed 1 second fast per day. Just for the heck of it, I demagnetized the watch this morning. Assuming the Rover is still running 10-12 seconds fast per day, would this be justification for sending the watch back to be re-regulated. What is an acceptable +/- in seconds for the Rover. It is presented as undergoing such a lengthy regulation process, but in this case, it just doesn't match up. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this subject. Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye Doc View Post
    I would like some input from the forum members. My Ocean Rover is three weeks old and has been running 10 to 12 seconds fast per day. The final 6 week regulation provided from Ginault showed 1 second fast per day. Just for the heck of it, I demagnetized the watch this morning. Assuming the Rover is still running 10-12 seconds fast per day, would this be justification for sending the watch back to be re-regulated. What is an acceptable +/- in seconds for the Rover. It is presented as undergoing such a lengthy regulation process, but in this case, it just doesn't match up. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this subject. Thanks in advance to those who reply.
    First, +10 or 12 second per day may be perfectly fine for that movement. I'd suggest starting with the manufacturer's overall specs for the movement rather than the timing sheet you received with the watch. That will give you a starting point for what is normal or abnormal, i.e. within manufacturer tolerances, for that movement. For example, a Seiko 6r15 tolerances are -15/+25; +12 would be well within specs for that movement.

Second, it does not sound like it was magnetized. As understand that, if it were magnetized, the swing would be minutes per hour, not seconds per day.

Third, how consistent had the watch's generator been? I.e have you been active enough each day to maintain a reasonably high power reserve? Have you been hand winding? Resetting the time frequently? All of those things can effect how a mechanical watch keeps time. When timing a new watch, most would tell you make sure to start with a fully wound watch, set the time to a consistent source (such as the US atomic clock), and don't reset or hand wind for one full week. Check the time against the US Atomic clock once per day, 24 hour intervals. Divide the seconds per day deviation to the number of days completed during that week, and jot that down. Be active to make sure the spring is well above the minimum. Each night, rest the watch in the same position.

Last, be reasonable in your expectations. No mechanical watch will be perfectly consistent everyday. A lot depends on the wearer. In fact, most depends on how we wear the watch. Even a COSC watch can perform differently from day to day or person to person. A timing sheet is what the watch can do when all conditions are near perfect and consistent. We as humans are neither.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by nepatriot View Post
    First, +10 or 12 second per day may be perfectly fine for that movement. I'd suggest starting with the manufacturer's overall specs for the movement rather than the timing sheet you received with the watch. That will give you a starting point for what is normal or abnormal, i.e. within manufacturer tolerances, for that movement. For example, a Seiko 6r15 tolerances are -15/+25; +12 would be well within specs for that movement.

Second, it does not sound like it was magnetized. As understand that, if it were magnetized, the swing would be minutes per hour, not seconds per day.

Third, how consistent had the watch's generator been? I.e have you been active enough each day to maintain a reasonably high power reserve? Have you been hand winding? Resetting the time frequently? All of those things can effect how a mechanical watch keeps time. When timing a new watch, most would tell you make sure to start with a fully wound watch, set the time to a consistent source (such as the US atomic clock), and don't reset or hand wind for one full week. Check the time against the US Atomic clock once per day, 24 hour intervals. Divide the seconds per day deviation to the number of days completed during that week, and jot that down. Be active to make sure the spring is well above the minimum. Each night, rest the watch in the same position.

Last, be reasonable in your expectations. No mechanical watch will be perfectly consistent everyday. A lot depends on the wearer. In fact, most depends on how we wear the watch. Even a COSC watch can perform differently from day to day or person to person. A timing sheet is what the watch can do when all conditions are near perfect and consistent. We as humans are neither.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks for your reply! I only wound the watch once when I first put it on. I set it to the US Naval Observatory Time. I am fairly active and take the watch off at night. I tried laying it crystal up, crystal down, crown up and down and these seems to make no difference. I usually let the watch run for a week, so the 10-12 sec. fast is an average for the full week.
    drwindsurf likes this.

Thread Information