CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 304
Like Tree30854Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 304 of 519 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 354 404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 5181

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGT900 View Post
    Personally I think the Ocean Rover has the most beautifully crafted mid-case second to Rolex.

Crown guard, edge chamfering all follow true Rolex purist's standard.

Attachment 13067583
    Midcase is really lovely....but I have to say the ends of my lugs are actually sharp. They come to a point and I think could be used as a weapon if you pulled off the bracelet...!!!!....no seriously, they are that sharp.
    Dec1968 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LARufCTR View Post
    Midcase is really lovely....but I have to say the ends of my lugs are actually sharp. They come to a point and I think could be used as a weapon if you pulled off the bracelet...!!!!....no seriously, they are that sharp.

I also had this impression when I first received the watch. It took me some time to get (somehow) used to it. Sometimes I still feel it, but it does not bother me anymore.

So I purchased a Ginault Ocean Rover (glowing smurfs--no date) second hand for a pretty good deal. I wanted to get my hands on one and figured I would wait til I could grab a used one. I've had it for roughly a week and I am damn impressed. The bezel action, crown action, and detail are impeccable. I read the reviews and hyperbole that Ginault had on their own website and didn't think it would live up to the hype. I still don't love the marketing pitch from Ginault, but that doesn't matter to me..it's an amazing watch.

I have a pretty modest collection, all of the same style (divers) and my premiere piece is an Omega SMPC. This honestly punches about the same weight as that piece. The dual AR on the Omega make the dial and hands shine and that's my biggest complaint with the Ginault. I HATE the crystal used. I love a good flat crystal and one that has at least an inner layer of AR. The current crystal on the watch makes the dial foggy in most lights. The detail and enamel on the dial/hands is a detail that Ginault excelled at and it's clouded (pun intended) by the foggy crystal. After seeing some mods by G4_Chrono and cwfmon I purchased a flat, dual AR, from the same vendor G4_chrono used. I plan on having that modded once I receive it. I think it will make the deep black enamel of the dial pop, similar to the Omega SMPC (due to the dual AR).

The bracelet is insanely comfortable. I have the adjustable clasp on the Omega and the Tisell and love that feature of the watch. This adjustable clasp absolutely blows away the Tisell...however...

One of my biggest gripes with the watch is that I can't line the clasp up to be centered. If I take one more link out it would be centered but could only be worn with the clasp fully expanded. This would leave no wiggle room for me on the days where my wrist is chunkier. I would love to see if anyone has a solution for this but I still love the watch regardless. I initially wish it had the mercedes hand but have grown to like the sword hands.

When I get the crystal done I think I am going to change the seconds hand out to a white one though.

All in all, if you are on the fence I would check it out. It's probably worth the full price tag but I doubt you'll have to pay that. I also wish they made the warranty transferrable. I understand why they didn't but think it's fair to make the 1 year warranty transferrable.
    drwindsurf, Shaunie_007 and WJG16 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fel2718 View Post
    The dual AR on the Omega make the dial and hands shine and that's my biggest complaint with the Ginault. I HATE the crystal used. I love a good flat crystal and one that has at least an inner layer of AR. The current crystal on the watch makes the dial foggy in most lights. The detail and enamel on the dial/hands is a detail that Ginault excelled at and it's clouded (pun intended) by the foggy crystal. After seeing some mods by G4_Chrono and cwfmon I purchased a flat, dual AR, from the same vendor G4_chrono used. I plan on having that modded once I receive it. I think it will make the deep black enamel of the dial pop, similar to the Omega SMPC (due to the dual AR).

The AR is one thing I could do with improving as well. How much did your crystal cost and how did you purchase? Also, how will you do the crystal replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by bjn74 View Post
    The AR is one thing I could do with improving as well. How much did your crystal cost and how did you purchase? Also, how will you do the crystal replacement?
    90 GBP was the cost with shipping. It was an overseas dealer. I am having Duarte from NEWW do the swap. He's done a ton of mods for me and is always a fair price, quick turn around, and does good work.
    Riddim Driven and drwindsurf like this.

90 GBP was the cost with shipping. It was an overseas dealer. I am having Duarte from NEWW do the swap. He's done a ton of mods for me and is always a fair price, quick turn around, and does good work.
    Thanks for the info! Will be interested to see the outcome and might get the something done. I'll PM you for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunie_007 View Post
    That new Helson is a super cool watch. Thanks for the photo.

I don't if you've shared yet, but what are your thoughts on the new matte dial OR? I checked out some YouTube review on the green bezel variant and for the most part it seems the audience is underwhelmed by it. Do you share the majority vote?

I have the red bezel variant incoming and I'm curious to see how I'll feel about it.
    Sorry for the delay. Been busy and wanted to post up a review with a bit of detail. I have it posted here:

Ginault 185066C1LVD Review
    drwindsurf and Shaunie_007 like this.

I've never had a watch modded, but after seeing how the AR coatings make the dial JUMP out I'm considering it. I can't believe the difference it makes.
    rosborn likes this.

So I purchased a Ginault Ocean Rover (glowing smurfs--no date) second hand for a pretty good deal. I wanted to get my hands on one and figured I would wait til I could grab a used one. I've had it for roughly a week and I am damn impressed. The bezel action, crown action, and detail are impeccable. I read the reviews and hyperbole that Ginault had on their own website and didn't think it would live up to the hype. I still don't love the marketing pitch from Ginault, but that doesn't matter to me..it's an amazing watch.

I have a pretty modest collection, all of the same style (divers) and my premiere piece is an Omega SMPC. This honestly punches about the same weight as that piece. The dual AR on the Omega make the dial and hands shine and that's my biggest complaint with the Ginault. I HATE the crystal used. I love a good flat crystal and one that has at least an inner layer of AR. The current crystal on the watch makes the dial foggy in most lights. The detail and enamel on the dial/hands is a detail that Ginault excelled at and it's clouded (pun intended) by the foggy crystal. After seeing some mods by G4_Chrono and cwfmon I purchased a flat, dual AR, from the same vendor G4_chrono used. I plan on having that modded once I receive it. I think it will make the deep black enamel of the dial pop, similar to the Omega SMPC (due to the dual AR).

The bracelet is insanely comfortable. I have the adjustable clasp on the Omega and the Tisell and love that feature of the watch. This adjustable clasp absolutely blows away the Tisell...however...

One of my biggest gripes with the watch is that I can't line the clasp up to be centered. If I take one more link out it would be centered but could only be worn with the clasp fully expanded. This would leave no wiggle room for me on the days where my wrist is chunkier. I would love to see if anyone has a solution for this but I still love the watch regardless. I initially wish it had the mercedes hand but have grown to like the sword hands.

When I get the crystal done I think I am going to change the seconds hand out to a white one though.

All in all, if you are on the fence I would check it out. It's probably worth the full price tag but I doubt you'll have to pay that. I also wish they made the warranty transferrable. I understand why they didn't but think it's fair to make the 1 year warranty transferrable.
    To be honest, some of your gripes are shared by even the most devout Ginault fan. I think most of us also agree with the hyperbole on the website. It’s a good thing there isn’t a great need to spend a lot of time on the website! LOL!

Congratulations on your new, to you, Ocean Rover. For what it’s worth, mine is also pre-owned. From your post it is obvious that you love yours as much as I love mine! Wear it in good health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    drwindsurf likes this.
    Ginault 180260GSLN (Serial #TE111) and Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical

Have any of you bought an aftermarket bracelet for the OR?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thread Information