CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 305
Like Tree30936Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 305 of 522 FirstFirst ... 205 255 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 355 405 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 5212

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Quote Originally Posted by fel2718 View Post
    I also wish they made the warranty transferrable. I understand why they didn't but think it's fair to make the 1 year warranty transferrable.
    I can see your POV since you bought preowned, but modding the crystal would void warranty anyways.

Be sure to post photos once you have the mods done!
    -Shaunie_007

I have a SMPC as well as the Ocean Rover, and completely agree with your assessment. The SMPC crystal magically "disappears" at times, making the dial really pop. I imagine the Ginault dial would look just as premium with a better crystal. Can't wait to see how your mod turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by fel2718 View Post
    So I purchased a Ginault Ocean Rover (glowing smurfs--no date) second hand for a pretty good deal. I wanted to get my hands on one and figured I would wait til I could grab a used one. I've had it for roughly a week and I am damn impressed. The bezel action, crown action, and detail are impeccable. I read the reviews and hyperbole that Ginault had on their own website and didn't think it would live up to the hype. I still don't love the marketing pitch from Ginault, but that doesn't matter to me..it's an amazing watch.

I have a pretty modest collection, all of the same style (divers) and my premiere piece is an Omega SMPC. This honestly punches about the same weight as that piece. The dual AR on the Omega make the dial and hands shine and that's my biggest complaint with the Ginault. I HATE the crystal used. I love a good flat crystal and one that has at least an inner layer of AR. The current crystal on the watch makes the dial foggy in most lights. The detail and enamel on the dial/hands is a detail that Ginault excelled at and it's clouded (pun intended) by the foggy crystal. After seeing some mods by G4_Chrono and cwfmon I purchased a flat, dual AR, from the same vendor G4_chrono used. I plan on having that modded once I receive it. I think it will make the deep black enamel of the dial pop, similar to the Omega SMPC (due to the dual AR).

The bracelet is insanely comfortable. I have the adjustable clasp on the Omega and the Tisell and love that feature of the watch. This adjustable clasp absolutely blows away the Tisell...however...

One of my biggest gripes with the watch is that I can't line the clasp up to be centered. If I take one more link out it would be centered but could only be worn with the clasp fully expanded. This would leave no wiggle room for me on the days where my wrist is chunkier. I would love to see if anyone has a solution for this but I still love the watch regardless. I initially wish it had the mercedes hand but have grown to like the sword hands.

When I get the crystal done I think I am going to change the seconds hand out to a white one though.

All in all, if you are on the fence I would check it out. It's probably worth the full price tag but I doubt you'll have to pay that. I also wish they made the warranty transferrable. I understand why they didn't but think it's fair to make the 1 year warranty transferrable.
    drwindsurf likes this.

I’ll post once it’s done but others have done it and posted pics and videos..looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shaunie_007 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WJG16 View Post
    I have a SMPC as well as the Ocean Rover, and completely agree with your assessment. The SMPC crystal magically "disappears" at times, making the dial really pop. I imagine the Ginault dial would look just as premium with a better crystal. Can't wait to see how your mod turns out.
    Like I said in my earlier post, the crystal for me has too much glare and makes the face of watch look grey at times. I love the watch...crystal needs to be addressed at some time. My SKX007 and 013 hardlex (not sapphire) are more clear and the face pops black/white...

Quote Originally Posted by Perseverence View Post
    Have any of you bought an aftermarket bracelet for the OR?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I just ordered a sailcloth strap for mine. I've been looking for a good leather and even considered an Everest strap as I like the watch that much :)
    Perseverence likes this.

All this talk of the Ocean Rover crystal, I thought I would post this photo again . .

Name:  DE555966-EF8A-4606-A731-10DDE7A4E10D.jpeg
Views: 249
Size:  668.5 KB

Replacement flat sapphire with double AR coating. I love it! The AR allows the dial to really show off and I love the flat sapphire on this case and having the raised indices. . I prefer a printed dial under a dome.

The crystal on the explorer type case in the background is the original boxed sapphire dome from the Ocean Rover.

cwfmon has the original domed sapphire with double AR on his Ocean Rover.
    Dino7, mplsabdullah, WJG16 and 3 others like this.

For give me, I couldn’t resist a few more . .

Name:  B4856768-C85F-4B04-A11E-77F092FA8EF6.jpeg
Views: 228
Size:  566.0 KB
    Name:  3DCF47FD-87FF-46CC-B9A3-333A353BCFB4.jpeg
Views: 224
Size:  752.7 KB
    Name:  62F121A0-DE31-4016-8583-6DF073FE1B9B.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  396.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by G4_Chrono View Post
    All this talk of the Ocean Rover crystal, I thought I would post this photo again . .

Name:  DE555966-EF8A-4606-A731-10DDE7A4E10D.jpeg
Views: 249
Size:  668.5 KB

Replacement flat sapphire with double AR coating. I love it! The AR allows the dial to really show off and I love the flat sapphire on this case and having the raised indices. . I prefer a printed dial under a dome.

The crystal on the explorer type case in the background is the original boxed sapphire dome from the Ocean Rover.

cwfmon has the original domed sapphire with double AR on his Ocean Rover.
    I'm using this crystal in my Ginault based project... Awesome clarity.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwozza70 View Post
    I'm using this crystal in my Ginault based project... Awesome clarity.

Love it! So excited about your project, great to see someone else brave/foolish to pull apart the Ginault. (Actually I find it great to work on, quality shows at every level)
    Mrwozza70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by G4_Chrono View Post
    Love it! So excited about your project, great to see someone else brave/foolish to pull apart the Ginault. (Actually I find it great to work on, quality shows at every level)
    It has been a joy to work on... so far

Thread Information