CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 308
Like Tree30957Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 308 of 523 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 358 408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 5223

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Quote Originally Posted by biscuit141 View Post
    Is this a Ginault case and you swapped out the dial and hands? Looks like the Ginault crown, thatís why I ask.
    Yes, swapped out movement, dial, insert, hands... and crystal. It's now my fantasy BSH 14060LVG

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwozza70 View Post
    It's a nice crystal... but AR coating may be a little delicate - I have put a couple of tiny dints in mine already.

Awesome!
    drwindsurf and Dec1968 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by skunkworks View Post
    Finally arrived! The Gilt is nice, a very nice yellow gold with some decent reflectiveness. And a flat Sapphire, different from the mk1.

Instagram: skunkworkswatches
    Nice! How do the crystals compare?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fel2718 View Post
    My ocean rover is with Duarte over at NEWW right now. I used the crystal that G4_chrono advised me of. I also bought a second high silver seconds hand to replace the red one. The red one was a cool touch but I like the clean look with the silver. Will be sure to post updates once received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am also thinking about the same mods, including the silver second hand, but will wait until the warranty period is over (Nov).

Yes, swapped out movement, dial, insert, hands... and crystal. It's now my fantasy BSH 14060LVG

Great looking mod. I have an Omega SMPC and it too has a bit of a delicate outside AR. The marks are only visible under certain lights but Itís definitely one of the downsides of the outer AR. If it gets that bad over time Iíll probably just remove the outer AR (will still have inner at least) or have the AR reapplied. Your watch looks awesome!

Mrwozza70 and drwindsurf like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GarbanzoNegro View Post
    I am also thinking about the same mods, including the silver second hand, but will wait until the warranty period is over (Nov).
    Yea definitely not a bad idea. I bought mine second hand so the warranty had been voided anyway. Watch was running -1 a day for me so far.

I love all these pics of the AR crystals. I'm not sure I'd get that done on mine, but it looks outstanding.

What I would like to get done is have the lugs drilled. The bracelet end links have the tightest tolerances I've ever seen and it makes removing it a chore. Does anyone have any info about who is doing all the drilled lugs? Preferably US based as I don't want to be international shipping.

- Greg
    drwindsurf likes this.

...and what pray tell, was the motivation behind this very WISful endeavor???? Was it really all about the case? What movement did you put in? Man, I'm so glad I'm passed all the messing about, and can just buy the watch and live with it, or part with it.
    Dec1968 likes this.
    "Yeah, it's basically a block of steel with a movement inside. Part of the charm." daschlag

I also find it amusing this particular watch is attracting so much desire to alter, even minuscule modifications. First it was perfect, now it's not. So many sub homage, one would think you could just buy the one you like.

The Ginault saga will continue for a long time. I certainly think John has gotten his intended mileage and so much more. Well done Ginault!
    Dunzdeck likes this.
    "Yeah, it's basically a block of steel with a movement inside. Part of the charm." daschlag

Quote Originally Posted by Riddim Driven View Post
    I also find it amusing this particular watch is attracting so much desire to alter, even minuscule modifications. First it was perfect, now it's not. So many sub homage, one would think you could just buy the one you like.

The Ginault saga will continue for a long time. I certainly think John has gotten his intended mileage and so much more. Well done Ginault!
    It is amusing... but no watch is perfect... but I think it's safe to say people who like Ginault probably like the Rolex models it pays homage to. Or... depending on your viewpoint, replicates.

The case of the Ginault is definitely gen spec, and apart from case back and crown branding aside you could drop in a gen Rolex movement, gen insert and whatever else to build a Franken watch.

So I think it's fine to appreciate the off the peg Ginault models (they are bang on); and it's ok to tweak a couple of details or improve them.

And there will be mad hatters like me who just like to use the case set to build a nice sub.

P.s. I've not killed or discarded any parts... this may be a Ginault again... maybe... one day.

P.p.s. Ginault... John (TC... Thomas !?) go make a 16610LV model with a decent gen spec Crystal/Cyclops and you will sell another bucket load of Seaman

Do this...

Last edited by Mrwozza70; April 26th, 2018 at 09:25.