CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 313
Like Tree30864Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 313 of 519 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 363 413 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 5181

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Looks great Fel, mind me asking what was the damage for parts and labor? You had Duarte do the work for you right?

Quote Originally Posted by biscuit141 View Post
    Looks great Fel, mind me asking what was the damage for parts and labor? You had Duarte do the work for you right?
    $47 including shipping. It actually has to go back to him today. The seconds hand is having a little bit of an issue stopping with the crown fully extended. Duarte is great though and I have used him countless times without issue.
    drwindsurf likes this.

Ginault on the RubberB black rubber with red stripe. Fits perfectly.

Name:  IMG_0478.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  281.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0477.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  242.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0474.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  195.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0473.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  204.1 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fel2718 View Post

Some quick shots of the double AR crystal and white seconds hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So I went crazy and purchased a 114060 today. Probably going to be putting this one up for sale once it’s back from Duarte. The sub itch has officially been scratched for me!

Congratulations!!! That must be one heck of a day :) Look forward to seeing pics of the new watch.
    drwindsurf likes this.

So I went crazy and purchased a 114060 today. Probably going to be putting this one up for sale once it’s back from Duarte. The sub itch has officially been scratched for me!

Congratulations! Please do not forget to share your impressions comparing both watches.

Maybe one day I’ll join that club...
    drwindsurf and Dec1968 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GarbanzoNegro View Post
    Congratulations! Please do not forget to share your impressions comparing both watches.

Maybe one day I’ll join that club...
    I don't know if now was the right time but I had the funds, no kids (yet), getting married this fall (wanted a watch to wear that I will keep forever), and my local AD had one in.

Ginault packs a very big punch and is very close in a lot of aspects. I've had Steinharts, custom builds, Tisells, etc.. and this is by far the best Rolex homage. I guess you can say it's the "Rolex" of Rolex homage watches lol. The bracelet on the Ginault is pretty spot on to the Rolex. The bezel action on the Ginault is very good, but Rolex is on another level. That's one thing I've noticed on the Rolex that has put it WAY above any other "luxury" watch I have owned. I have had the SBDX017 and Seamaster Co-Axial and the Rolex bezel action is infinitely times better. I prefer mercedes hands, flat crystal, ceramic bezel and the super case on the modern Rolex vs the domed crystal, aluminum bezel, sword hands, older case on the Ginault. Dial and markers are very similar. Both have glossy black dials but the lume on the Ginault might be stronger. The lume on the Ginault also starts green and fades to blue where the Rolex is a mint blue from the start. Crown action felt pretty similar. My Ginault was keeping great time, I think it's about -2 seconds after checking on time.gov multiple days.

Is the Rolex worth 7-10X more than the Ginault without the brand recognition? Probably not. If you have a Ginault, or are looking for one, I think it's going to be your best bet at getting as close to the sub as you can. I respect what Rolex is though. I have watched videos about the making of their watches and the human touch that their experts add. I didn't get a Rolex for it to be a status symbol.. I bought one because I love the detail, precision, an history they have. It's a watch I'll have forever and will probably force me to dump any other watch I have. The sub and Ginault can be worn in any situation.

@ fel2718 - your post is probably one of the most honest endorsements for the Ginault I have read - even as an owner about to sell theirs!

I think you are buying the Rolex Sub for all the "right" reasons. Rolex Subs are analogous to H-D motorcycles - 20 years from now it'll still look "right". Rolex also has the vertically integrated manufacturing and heritage to help justify a large part of their asking price (really, really good marketing help justify the rest).

Congrats on finding an AD with a stainless steel sports model in stock. They are getting to be pretty difficult to find.

When I was not married and had no kids, I spent my money on boats, motorcycles, and Jeeps. If I had bought a Rolex Sub instead, I might've had less fun, but probably could've made a couple bucks on the 20 year later flip!
    Dec1968 and drwindsurf like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeguy View Post
    @ fel2718 - your post is probably one of the most honest endorsements for the Ginault I have read - even as an owner about to sell theirs!

I think you are buying the Rolex Sub for all the "right" reasons. Rolex Subs are analogous to H-D motorcycles - 20 years from now it'll still look "right". Rolex also has the vertically integrated manufacturing and heritage to help justify a large part of their asking price (really, really good marketing help justify the rest).

Congrats on finding an AD with a stainless steel sports model in stock. They are getting to be pretty difficult to find.

When I was not married and had no kids, I spent my money on boats, motorcycles, and Jeeps. If I had bought a Rolex Sub instead, I might've had less fun, but probably could've made a couple bucks on the 20 year later flip!

Thank you for the kind words. I'm still not 100% going to sell the Ginault but I am probably going to. It's too similar to the Sub (which is a good thing) so I might want to diversify my collection a bit. The flat AR crystal was a great addition and really took the watch to another level for me. It's all about preference and the style you are looking to achieve. It's tough to justify what I spend on a watch when I made the purchase yesterday but I have tried so hard, for years, to find something that is as close to this as possible. It's funny that when I might have found it in the Ginault it encouraged me to go to the next level and purchase the actual thing.

I'll always have respect for good homage watches. I know it's a controversial subject but not everyone has the same freedom to purchase any watch they want. If they love the design of a certain watch and it's not in their budget, getting something that closely resembles it at the fraction of a cost is a big win. I never wore a Ginault in the hopes that someone mistook it for a Rolex. I wore it because I loved the design. I am shocked with the level of detail the Ginault has. I was turned off by the sales tactics and hyperbole on the website but that's a nicely done watch.

I don't know if now was the right time but I had the funds, no kids (yet), getting married this fall (wanted a watch to wear that I will keep forever), and my local AD had one in.

Ginault packs a very big punch and is very close in a lot of aspects. I've had Steinharts, custom builds, Tisells, etc.. and this is by far the best Rolex homage. I guess you can say it's the "Rolex" of Rolex homage watches lol. The bracelet on the Ginault is pretty spot on to the Rolex. The bezel action on the Ginault is very good, but Rolex is on another level. That's one thing I've noticed on the Rolex that has put it WAY above any other "luxury" watch I have owned. I have had the SBDX017 and Seamaster Co-Axial and the Rolex bezel action is infinitely times better. I prefer mercedes hands, flat crystal, ceramic bezel and the super case on the modern Rolex vs the domed crystal, aluminum bezel, sword hands, older case on the Ginault. Dial and markers are very similar. Both have glossy black dials but the lume on the Ginault might be stronger. The lume on the Ginault also starts green and fades to blue where the Rolex is a mint blue from the start. Crown action felt pretty similar. My Ginault was keeping great time, I think it's about -2 seconds after checking on time.gov multiple days.

Is the Rolex worth 7-10X more than the Ginault without the brand recognition? Probably not. If you have a Ginault, or are looking for one, I think it's going to be your best bet at getting as close to the sub as you can. I respect what Rolex is though. I have watched videos about the making of their watches and the human touch that their experts add. I didn't get a Rolex for it to be a status symbol.. I bought one because I love the detail, precision, an history they have. It's a watch I'll have forever and will probably force me to dump any other watch I have. The sub and Ginault can be worn in any situation.
    Many thanks for this! Enjoy the Submariner!
    Dec1968 likes this.

Thread Information