CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 4
Like Tree29504Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 4 of 410 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Quote Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
    The "creative embellishments" don't have any bearing on the finishing level of the watch. Zilch. It's marketing hype and nothing more - and I would add it would also seem that something may have been lost in translation as well. To my eye the Ginault looks a little nicer. What next? I am not entitled to an opinion on the matter? Buy what you want - just don't come on here and tell people what they are and are not entitled to judge. The man put up some pretty magnified, close-in photos and those don't typically lie.
    Aw heck..... I've never told anybody they aren't allowed to be wrong!! I was just saying that I don't think that it'll look as good in the metal as it does in those product snaps! Unless I've been drinking more than I think I have I can't find where I said or came within a mile of implying that you weren't entitled to your thoughts?

I do though have to say that companies who creatively embellish tend to be like people who creatively embellish..... when push comes to shove, or in this case when the watch is in hand, they typically come up short.
    LosAngelesTimer likes this.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
    Son? Likely old enough to be your father. There's no "bait" here. If the accusations are empty then don't sweat it so much.
    I wasn't calling you "son". That's just the meme - it's about not taking the bait when people try to set up comparisons, and want me to comment.

I'm not going to comment about this watch, or get into comparisons between it and mine. If people like this watch, and think it's worth the asking price, they should buy it, and I hope they like it. If the product is good and the company backs it up, I wish them nothing but success.

As for the accusations, I tend not to respond to very much, and for the most part, I don't sweat it at all. I'm fortunate to have many happy customers who'll speak up in my defense. Even so, you may understand it's hard to sit quiet and watch keyboard commandos lie about you.
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

I'm not on social media 24/7. It’s not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

A simple question in my mind: If they can manufacture the case and assemble movements in house, why homage? Just launch sth authentic and original, and deserve a wild applause!
    Crezo and bbuckbbuck like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Large swings in opinion here, but here's my though. I know it is a sub homage but look at Steinhart no one complains about them. I was intrigued about the 60% offer since I do have a few sub styles lying around and I've had my fair share of Steinharts, Squales. However, I did have second thoughts after seeing the $1299 price. I do have to say that the pictures do seem to show that a lot of thought and fit and finishing was done to the watch. The American in House movement does sound interesting + I'm guessing it is "Made in USA" I mean look at Hexa or Lum Tec + who ever else that advertise that they are Assembled in the USA does usually ask for a higher price vs Asian watches.

I was going to compare it to these 2 that I have

Name:  A904.jpg
Views: 1409
Size:  104.3 KB

Name:  NTHS07.jpg
Views: 1409
Size:  208.4 KB
    Radar1 and brandon\ like this.

AVS- Was thinking about this too. More so after the motivation to do a write up and have always wanted to take a spin at a well executed sub homage. I think your comparison would be pretty interesting.
    Im still on the fence with comparing it to the MKII Nassau and the OWC 9411 NC - not sub homages, but solid micros.
    Still taking a close look at these.
    Knoc
    |Underground Inventive. Overground Effective​|
    Sinn:
    EZM-13 | Omega: Planet Ocean 600m- 8800 (39.5mm) | MKII Nassua- Red T (#30) | Omega: PO-8500 (42mm) | OWC: 9411 NC | OWC: 6538 NC | Monta: OceaKing | Tourby: LawLess 40mm

It looks lovely and I'm sure the Ginault have put lots of effort into these watches, but TBH if I was in the market for another submariner clone I'd go for a Parnis and save myself a heap of cash, heck I could spend a bit more and get a Steinhart and still be saving and get a Swiss movement and a well made product. If I wanted something more like a homage I'd go for Armida or NTH. Oh wait I did that already!

Too much blurb written which makes me feel like they are trying too hard here. That and the huge price drop for writing a review makes me think they haven't been a runaway success so far........
    / Oris 65 Diver 40mm / Tudor Pelagos 25500TN / Eterna 1960 Dress Watch / NTH Barracuda Vintage Black

WPAC Member #01

the only problem I see here is the RIDICOLOUS msrp price and all those redundant words used to describe their watch, hand built in america, really? a simple made in Usa would work too, kinetic continuous, submersible maritime.. jeez what the hell those words even mean? they look to me, put together randomly, to fill in some estate to get the 5/6 lines. if you come on a watch board with this kind of approach, where most of us are well educated about watches, you will be expecting some harsh critics, no doubt about it. Hexa did the same mistake completely inflating their msrp and they were badly criticized hopefully this brand will learn from others' mistakes. That being said I like overall the watch not their approach and inflated price
    Last edited by Casanova Jr.; December 23rd, 2016 at 13:59.
    Hornet99, RNHC, Ptern and 1 others like this.

I like the look of the watch. I bought one with the discount, expect a detailed review.
    Last edited by aegir; December 23rd, 2016 at 13:38.

Quote Originally Posted by docvail View Post
    I wasn't calling you "son". That's just the meme - it's about not taking the bait when people try to set up comparisons, and want me to comment.

I'm not going to comment about this watch, or get into comparisons between it and mine. If people like this watch, and think it's worth the asking price, they should buy it, and I hope they like it. If the product is good and the company backs it up, I wish them nothing but success.

As for the accusations, I tend not to respond to very much, and for the most part, I don't sweat it at all. I'm fortunate to have many happy customers who'll speak up in my defense. Even so, you may understand it's hard to sit quiet and watch keyboard commandos lie about you.
    Selecting a graphic with the word "son" in it is inherently condescending. I think you know that. I didn't "bait" you. That has a malicious connotation that is out of line here.

Pretty sure I had your back on as many baseless accusations against you that I saw. Not out of any loyalty to you or your brand but because I despise seeing garbage like that unfairly propogated against people on public forums.

I do think you have to watch your step a little as a fellow micro owner/retailer on the forum, but you have opined on other brands/products. Why would this one be different? Because you see deficiencies and don't want that misconstrued as an attack on a competitor? I really don't see too many negatives on this watch from the description (grandiose semantics aside) or the macro shots, and some (IMO) are basing their perspectives purely on the marketing hype, which clearly fell a little flat, but can hardly be correlated directly with the quality of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by aegir View Post
    I like the look of the watch. I bought one with the discount, expect a detailed review.
    Looking forward to your thoughts on the watch. I am still kicking it around. Never fully satisfied with any sub homage I have owned (the Steinhart and multiple Armida A2's were close), so this has my interest. 40mm will wear a little on the small side for me but it is more faithful to the original, which is important to many people.

Page 4 of 410 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread Information