CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 405
Like Tree29504Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 405 of 409 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 4089

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

The mods in the ORII do nothing for me. I would have been interested in a domed crystal with internal AR coating. I'm not a fan of ceramic bezels especially on a vintage inspired Rolex homage. There is nothing wrong with the Ginault movement from my perspective so no reason to be concerned about a Sellita option.

I'm waiting for a more radical departure in design to get some interest for another Ginault, especially at the prices now asked.
    kovy71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 59er View Post
    Yeah I'm wrestling with it as well, I love the idea of the ceramic insert but I'm not sure there is enough difference from my current much loved OR to justify the spend so I may have to wait for one to be revealed in the flesh before jumping in.............................BUT I may not have the patience to wait.
    I was in the same boat. But Ginault's pre-order rules are pretty much Costco or Amazon like. You can always purchase first to secure a spot in phase1, and if you don't like it you can cancel and get a full refund on/before July 20th.

History has taught us they always offer the best deal during the initial launch period, and price went up as they said it would. We have all witnessed that with their ORI. Those who held out and believe the 50% days would return only ended up crying.

John said actual pictures of the prototypes will come out in a month or so which still leave us plenty of time to decide before the cancellation deadline.

And I think the OR II is gonna look amazing. Ginault knows what they are doing; they have proven that with their OR I. They know the true meaning of what a homage means and how it should be.
    ChristoO and marinemaster like this.

Im sure it will be, the improvements alone are worth the price.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche993 View Post
    The mods in the ORII do nothing for me. I would have been interested in a domed crystal with internal AR coating. I'm not a fan of ceramic bezels especially on a vintage inspired Rolex homage. There is nothing wrong with the Ginault movement from my perspective so no reason to be concerned about a Sellita option.

I'm waiting for a more radical departure in design to get some interest for another Ginault, especially at the prices now asked.
    Got this email from John today. It's a Q&A they made based on the most asked questions since they announced the Ocean Rover II. I think this is really good stuff.

Q: Why the move to a Swiss movement? Isn't the CAL7275 your calling card?
    A: The move to SW200-1 is a business decision. Machining and assembling a CAL7275 takes long hours. For the past two years, we almost outgrew our production capability. Using SW200-1 helps us solve this bottleneck issue and helps us deal with current/future demand increase. Also since 99% of the members want a Swiss movement instead our own, we figured why not? Give the people what they want.

Q: I really like the idea of the blue ceramic insert but I can't tell much from the render. Is it matte or glossy? What if I changed my mind after seeing photos of the actual watch?
    A: The ceramic texture is going to be similar to the modern 6-digit Submariner. We will try to make the blue a darker blue like what you see on our blue aluminum iteration. And you are welcome to make changes to your pre-order after seeing photos of the actual prototypes.

Q: What color is the date wheel for the gold sand variant?
    A: It will be the same beige background with black fonts to match the gold sand lume color; same as what we did for the 181875.

Q: Will it be possible to send in our current models for a ceramic insert? That would be AWESOME/EXCELLENT!
    A: In order to mount our ceramic insert you will need the gen II bezel assembly. And to support the gen II bezel assembly you will need a gen II case. Just the parts alone will cost over $700.

Q: Why the ORII? With your production capability why not a whole new design? Feel like just an expensive facelift.
    A: Some may think OR II is just some marketing gimmick with marginal spec upgrade to a ceramic insert. But that is really not the case. Under its unassuming look, the OR II is packed with heavy technical and production innovation. Basically, we took this iconic pre-ceramic case/bezel design (which many favor over the new maxi case) and figured out how to modernized the inside while faithfully allowing the outside to remain untouched. It is really "more than meets the eye"

Q: The spec and everything sounds good but my biggest concern is that there are no real pictures of the pieces at the moment. When can we see actual pictures of the ORII?
    A: We understand but that shouldn't need to be a concern. ORII will stay 95% identical (visually) to the OR I with the only major exception of the ceramic insert. That said, we should have more updates and pictures of the actual prototypes in a month or so. Be sure to follow us on Instagram. We will do sneak peeks and update photos of the OR II parts/prototypes on there. If you have not followed us be sure to do so.

Q: John, I really want to secure a spot during phase1 but I don't have the full amount. Can I make a deposit first?
    A: Yes you can. The original goal was to make the pre-order process as easy and as simple as possible for both parties. But we understand some may not have the funds upfront. If this is something that works better for you send us an email, and we can set it up for you.
    Last edited by DanBYU; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:57.
    Belloc, Avo, ChristoO and 1 others like this.

Personally speaking the ORII only makes sense if I don't own a OR1 and wanted the ceramic bezel and Sellita moment option. There is not enough difference to own both. Had it been a GMT then that would have been a game changer.

I highly doubt 99% want a Swiss movement (most of the components are made in China anyway). I'm extremely happy with my cal7275. Lot of marketing spin in those Q&A's
    GMArthur likes this.

The Ginault movement has performed great for me, but given the choice I’d prefer a mass produced, ideally regulated movement

Personally I see the ceramic bezel as a minus, I’ve always preferred the old school look of aluminum

Avo

Some interesting info from a post on the "Ginault vs Monta" thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by NVWolfpack View Post
    I have been wearing the OR for over a year now and been very hard on it, and it continues to impress me. I flip most ofnthe watches I buy because I get bored and start listing after something else, but I have already kept the OR longer than most and dont foresee selling it ever, or at least anytime soon.

I did a lot of research on the OR before pulling the trigger and the mystery kind of drew me in even more. I found a detailed tear down post that was picture heavy, comparing each component of the movement and case to a TC sub, several other known Asian movements, and an ETA, and the OR was clearly distinct from all of the rest, part by part. Mine is still keeping cosc time and I find myself staring at it more often as time goes by, which is very rare for me. I usually get enamored with a watch quickly, wear it a lot, And then lose interest, but the OR almost gets better with age.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/gi...l#post48958583
    cwfmon likes this.
    Sharper Image moonphase, Ronda 708 quartz (my only watch for 20+ years)
    Citizen BM8242-08E Ecodrive, black dial, gold-tone case
    Citizen AP1042-03A Ecodrive moonphase, white dial, gold-tone case
    Sartego Ocean Master SPA27, yellow dial, Miyota 8215
    Christopher Ward C5 Aviator Mark I, black dial, ETA 2824
    Chinese Mechanical Forum 2011 project watch, moonphase, Sea-Gull ST25
    Casio G-Shock AWGM100B-1A, analog solar atomic
    Kadloo Scubamarine, black dial, ETA 2824
    Aevig Huldra, orange dial, Miyota 9015
    Makara Hawksbill Sea Turtle, bronze case, maroon dial, Seiko NH35
    Ginault Ocean Rover, black dial, Ginault 7275
    Boldr Odyssey, white dial, Seiko NH35
    Borealis Portus Cale, white dial, Miyota 9015
    Hamtun Neon, full-lume dial, STP 1-11
    Vratislavia Conceptum Pan-Africa, green dial, Miyota 9015
    Vostoc Classica, white dial, Vostoc 2409.01
    Grails: RGM 801-PS-CE, GO PanoMaticLunar, ALS 1815 moonphase LE

Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    Some interesting info from a post on the "Ginault vs Monta" thread:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/gi...l#post48958583
    Very interesting. Unfortunately, I have not seen the link for the comparison, but would love to.

Quote Originally Posted by GarbanzoNegro View Post
    Very interesting. Unfortunately, I have not seen the link for the comparison, but would love to.
    I have read something like that long ago when Ginault first launched the Ocean Rover and caused a big debate. A modder/refinisher on the rep forum compared Ginault vs TC midcase, bezel assembly and said the CNC process and finishing process were distinct (in the eyes of an expert)

On the same note, Ginault recently updated their IG page (finally) and showed a picture of their case production thought this is worth noting.
    GarbanzoNegro likes this.

I am officially in for the pre-order! Currently on for a black bezel with Gold Sand Lume, but that may change when I see pre-production pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JPS72 likes this.

Thread Information