CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 409
Like Tree30866Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 409 of 519 FirstFirst ... 309 359 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 459 509 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 5181

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Saw this IG post from Ginault last week. I myself believed in their claims since day 1 after doing comprehensive research. I must say this is something us fans have all been wanting and waiting to see. I emailed them and asked if they had these photos since two years ago, why not post them sooner? John explained info like these can be a potential leak for their production process so they had to wait until now they have moved onto their ORII project.

Name:  IG01.1jpg.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  201.0 KB
    Last edited by DanBYU; June 6th, 2019 at 17:35.

Finally they respond to the requests about the manufacturing.

Hope they keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by DanBYU View Post
    Saw this IG post from Ginault last week. I myself believed in their claims since day 1 after doing comprehensive research. I must say this is something us fans have all been wanting and waiting to see. I emailed them and asked if they had these photos since two years ago, why not post them sooner? John explained info like these can be a potential leak for their production process so they had to wait until now they have moved onto their ORII project.

Name:  IG01.1jpg.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  201.0 KB
    What did you find when you did your comprehensive research? Just curious, because I reached the opposite conclusion with mine. Happy to be proven wrong, though.
    Darwin and Casanova Jr. like this.

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial • Stowa Antea KS • Seiko SKX007

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 3005 View Post
    What did you find when you did your comprehensive research? Just curious, because I reached the opposite conclusion with mine.
    Have you heard about confirmation bias? 😉
    WastedYears and DanBYU like this.

I used to do comprehensive research of all of my intended purchases but now I just buy stuff and enjoy it, save lots of time that way. :)
    Darwin and GarbanzoNegro like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 3005 View Post
    What did you find when you did your comprehensive research? Just curious, because I reached the opposite conclusion with mine. Happy to be proven wrong, though.
    I basically spent an entire week (perhaps even longer) reading through every thread there is, not just this forum but also on the dark side about Ginault, all the rumors, debates, and controversies.

But I am not surprised that many like you reached the opposite conclusion. Much like confirmation bias which is a dangerous trap, sensationalism style rumors can also be a danger we all fall trap to. When a sensational rumor is read and then repeatedly stated by 100 others as "truth", (without each one of the 100 accounts' own independent verification) to the general public who didn't really spend the time on due diligence, it can easily be confused as the "real truth". However, the reality is they are just 100 unverified retweets, all based on one unverified source or rumor/conjecture if you will.

For example, many thought TC was behind Ginault. But when I looked at photos of the Ocean Rover's parts vs TC's, to me, although looking very similar they are simply NOT the same. This is kind of like when you first meet a pair of identical twins you may think they look identical but after spending enough time to get your brain/eyes acclimated you will be able to tell the subtle differences, or maybe not so subtle anymore.

Many expert members on the rep forums agreed on Ginault's parts being different. But for some that still believed in the TC rumor just ended up calling it V8 parts, LOL (the last known release for TC Subs was the V7) To me, being able to improve that fast on the level of production quality from one version to another is a bit of a stretch. A perfect analogy of this would be an AMA Superbike rider goes over to MotoGP and win a MotoGP race next day. To the eyes of the general public who doesn't ride/race motorcycles these riders all appear to be masters at what they do and won't be able to tell the differences. But in reality, they are just not in the same league.
    Last edited by DanBYU; June 11th, 2019 at 05:28.
    JPS72 and timekepr like this.

Homage debate aside, do you guys feel that the value is there with these watches? I am considering pre-ordering the ORII. Based on what I have read and watched online it seems that the consensus is that the ginaults punch above their weight and are superior to most options in the price range.

Quote Originally Posted by dickopf View Post
    Homage debate aside, do you guys feel that the value is there with these watches? I am considering pre-ordering the ORII. Based on what I have read and watched online it seems that the consensus is that the ginaults punch above their weight and are superior to most options in the price range.
    I feel that it does punch above its weight and it is a great value to me, but others may disagree. I didn't spend their money on my watch, so as long as it makes me happy, that is all that matters.
    jhinson1, Avo and JPS72 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dickopf View Post
    I feel that it does punch above its weight and it is a great value to me, but others may disagree. I didn't spend their money on my watch, so as long as it makes me happy, that is all that matters.

I'm actually very tempted to purchase one but I think I'll wait for the gen2 model.

Thread Information