CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 5
Like Tree29509Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 5 of 418 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Quote Originally Posted by aegir View Post
    I like the look of the watch. I bought one with the discount, expect a detailed review.
    Please do. Tell us all about how "kinetic continuous submersible maritime precision chronometer" works out for you. Don't forget to compare the brightness of the lume made of luminous sand from the ends of the Earth to Seiko lume. I am still trying to figure out how adding some custom parts to Chinese ETA clone makes the movement American.
    Hornet99, ffritz, mleok and 2 others like this.

Oh, yeah. And Ginault needs to fire the idiot who wrote the marketing spiel. Did Ginault really think people won't see through BS mumbo jumbo and buzz words? Do we look that stupid?
    Hornet99, mrkennedy1128 and mleok like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mike120 View Post
    Aw heck..... I've never told anybody they aren't allowed to be wrong!! I was just saying that I don't think that it'll look as good in the metal as it does in those product snaps! Unless I've been drinking more than I think I have I can't find where I said or came within a mile of implying that you weren't entitled to your thoughts?

I do though have to say that companies who creatively embellish tend to be like people who creatively embellish..... when push comes to shove, or in this case when the watch is in hand, they typically come up short.
    So I am wrong and you haven't even handled the watch in person?? Your line of attack just gets better, lol.

Prove to any of us that there is a direct correlation between the marketing hype (which was clearly both overblown and suffered from some translation "issues") and the quality of the watch. Don't just take the low road and assume the worst. IMO that is simply being negative and is unwarranted. I have done a bit of research and the company's first model (a sterile homage) was quite well received and I don't think I am overstepping by suggesting that this one is considerably nicer. Had the press on the original model been very poor I think there might be more justification for <cautious> skepticism here. We can all read through the hot air of a marketing spiel and assess the product objectively, right? Check out any number of micro products on Kickstarter and tell me that ain't so.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RNHC View Post
    Please do. Tell us all about how "kinetic continuous submersible maritime precision chronometer" works out for you. Don't forget to compare the brightness of the lume made of luminous sand from the ends of the Earth to Seiko lume. I am still trying to figure out how adding some custom parts to Chinese ETA clone makes the movement American.
    Why would you care about his review? You made your mind up already based purely on the semantics used in the OP and clearly have no shred of objectivity left on the matter. Did Ginault do something to you personally at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by RNHC View Post
    Oh, yeah. And Ginault needs to fire the idiot who wrote the marketing spiel. Did Ginault really think people won't see through BS mumbo jumbo and buzz words? Do we look that stupid?
    Or - you could do exactly that (i.e . "see through BS mumbo jumbo and buzz words") and talk about the product itself. Hate homages? Hate Ginault from a bad trip in a previous life? Clearly something is amiss here for you beyond a suspect choice of words in a description of their project.

Quote Originally Posted by aegir View Post
    I like the look of the watch. I bought one with the discount, expect a detailed review.
    Anxious to hear your thoughts. Looks well made but I do agree with some of the comments here they seem to be trying a bit too hard.

And for my taste I agree with Hornet a steinhart with swiss movement at $350 or a parnis seems like the way to go to add a sub clone and will give you a lot of extra cash to add something else.

yadda yadda tapatalk
    Last edited by hikeNbike; December 23rd, 2016 at 15:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
    So I am wrong and you haven't even handled the watch in person?? Your line of attack just gets better, lol.

Prove to any of us that there is a direct correlation between the marketing hype (which was clearly both overblown and suffered from some translation "issues") and the quality of the watch. Don't just take the low road and assume the worst. IMO that is simply being negative and is unwarranted. I have done a bit of research and the company's first model (a sterile homage) was quite well received and I don't think I am overstepping by suggesting that this one is considerably nicer. Had the press on the original model been very poor I think there might be more justification for <cautious> skepticism here. We can all read through the hot air of a marketing spiel and assess the product objectively, right? Check out any number of micro products on Kickstarter and tell me that ain't so.
    Feels like your defending this quite aggressively fella! Aside from the marketing hyperbole and that it's another sub clone, it feels like there are a fair number of unanswered questions.......
    whoa, RNHC, Ruggs and 2 others like this.
    / Oris 65 Diver 40mm / Tudor Pelagos 25500TN / Eterna 1960 Dress Watch / NTH Barracuda Vintage Black

WPAC Member #01

Not my personal cuppa cha, however it takes a huge amount of effort to get to this point in anything pertaining to watches, so good luck with this.
    gdb1960 and solar g-shocker like this.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Quote Originally Posted by hikeNbike View Post
    Anxious to hear your thoughts. Looks well made but I do agree with some of the comments here they seem to be trying a bit too hard.

And for my taste I agree with Hornet a steinhart with swiss movement at $350 or a parnis seems like the way to go to add a sub clone and will give you a lot of extra cash to add something else.

yadda yadda tapatalk
    It is clear they are trying hard. But it seems they put quite a bit into this one, over a significant period of time, and want to realise a positive outcome. Add to that concerns along the way that the company might have been defunct, and it is likely they feel they have a fair bit of ground to make up. There is no doubt things could (and should) have been worded differently.
    Ptern likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SHANE 1000 View Post
    Not my personal cuppa cha, however it takes a huge amount of effort to get to this point in anything pertaining to watches, so good luck with this.
    The correct attitude. Well spoken.
    Grahamelawton likes this.

Page 5 of 418 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread Information