CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 51
Like Tree29504Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 51 of 410 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Quote Originally Posted by Ivo P View Post
    Hey Radar, you need to give it a brake.

Truly respect your point of view and decision to attempt to defend Ginault but you need to understand that you are not Ginault.

Thus when I say that at least two members have proposed to go visit Ginault HQ, I mean them, that actually proposed going and even asked you if you can help arrange it( it sounded odd :) but they asked you). So please do not look for fight where there is none.

As for the free adv, what do you think it would be if two persons write a short summary with number of pictures of the place where probably the only American watch is build??? It will be advertisement from the very best and nothing wrong with it.

The question is why they do not take that offer but prefer to give discounts.

Again, nothing against you nor at all implying anything for your review.

By the way I would love to hear how you compare the Ginault with the Mido Ocean Star?
    But I can ask in the other thread. As truly interested.
    Give what a break, Ivo? You cannot use the term "advertising" in this context. By doing so you imply that both I, and firemonkey, are trying to sell watches. Maybe it is not what you meant, but it is a very poor choice of words. Revise the wording a little and I think I get what you mean. I am not defending Ginault - I am defending myself and the other individual who wrote reviews. I am of the opinion that both reviews were impartial and objectively written. Not "advertising" in any way. I don't think it came across the way you intended and I appreciate the clarification.

I suspect what you really mean is that the company provided some discounts in exchange for raising the visibility of the product and having (hopefully well-respected) individuals provide a fair assessment of the build quality. Other companies ship watches to forum members (and blog writers) for essentially the same purpose.

I am more than happy to compare the Ginault to the OSC V. I would have to pull one of the three I now have in my box and put a little thought into it. I can say that I like all of them. There is no doubt that Mido did a fantastic job on their new dive line. I cannot say with absolute certainty where all the components are from...
    Last edited by Radar1; January 7th, 2017 at 22:49.

Congrats to the owners. This is a fantastic looking homage.

As for the skeptics, how about we wait until Ginault chimes in (as they said they would) before making any more assumptions and accusations? Based on the reviews it seems to be pretty well made and more importantly, the owners are satisfied.
    Radar1 and kelt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovarisch View Post
    And conversely, I think you should stop defending Ginault over and over and over again, because it is not helping your cause.

You like the watch. We got it. You're entitled to. But I don't think there's anything more you can bring to the discussion right now. You have made your points!
    ......and exactly what are you bring to this debate
    Radar1, kelt and aegir like this.
    / Oris 65 Diver 40mm / Tudor Pelagos 25500TN / Eterna 1960 Dress Watch / NTH Barracuda Vintage Black

WPAC Member #01

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
    So, is the almighty "Swiss Made" label fully transparent? Not a chance. It also plays loose and fast with semantics.
    "Swiss Made" is a whole other ball of wax and could easily be another 100+ page thread :).

Speaking specifically regarding Ginault, my question is if the watch is "built" or "made" in the USA. There is a difference, neither of which option is necessarily better than the other, but their own markings on the watch are confusing to me. Is simply the caseback manufactured in the USA, while the watch as a whole is assembled in the USA of components from various parts of the world? Again, doesn't particularly matter either way, but my feeling is that consumers should be able to ask these questions to gain clarification if the company chooses to market directly via a watch forum.
    Radar1, Avo and RNHC like this.
    Current:
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Tudor Black Bay 58
    Resco Patriot Gen 1
    Ares Diver-1
    Citizen BN0151-09L

Gone:
    Rolex Explorer 214270 (MK2), Sinn EZM 1.1, Rolex Sea-Dweller 116600, Sinn U1P, Seiko SBDX017 (x2), Damasko DH1.0, Doxa 300 50th SH, Seiko SBBN031, Seiko SBBN017, Resco Patriot Gen 1 & 2, Doxa 1500T SR, Doxa 5000T Caribbean COSC, Seiko SBDC053, Seiko SBBN015, Stowa Seatime Prodiver (x2), Precista PRS-18A, SAS SEA-01 Classic II, Stowa Seatime, Omega PO 2200.50, Omega Speedmaster 3573.50, IWC Aquatimer 3568-06, Doxa 5000t Sharkhunter, Breitling Steelfish A17390, Armida A1, Pam 111, Seiko SRP777, Seiko SRP773, Oris Diver Small Seconds Date, Oris TT1 Titan 44mm, Seiko SRPA21, Evant Tropic Diver 300, Ocean 7 LM-6, Seiko SKX009J, Orient OS300 Sat Diver, Deep Blue Ocean Diver 500, Tag Heuer Link, RXW MM20 (2X), Ollech & Wajs XXL, Riedenschild Dark Sea Diver 1, Ollech & Wajs 42mm something, Seiko Black Monster, Seiko Land Monster, Glycine Incursore, Bernhardt Sea Shark, etc...

Give what a break, Ivo? You cannot use the term "advertising" in this context. By doing so you imply that both .
    Just think that you can just not to take all against you, break from seeing every reasonable and some not so questions to Ginault as personal attacks to you. We are most here reasonable people and we really just wamt to hear from them. That is all.

As for my choice of "adv", again- nothing in relation to your or the other review. Maybe it should have been in quotations but I stand by my words, if someone that visits their HQ and makes a short story and pictures would be more valuable than their crazy fairy tail that started all this.

As for the Mido, yeaaa, I think it would be fun comparison, cause price ( being expensive but you can find for around 600, if Ginault keeps that discounted one), having quite accurate movements and with the credit to the Mido original design. Would be interested.
    As I by the way have the Mido, quite enabled by your review ;)

So again, there is nothing in my words even remotely connected with you and the other review, it is just coincidence that 2 other members suggested visiting them.

Though, Ginault, if you are legit, I "demand" you :) to permit those guys visit and shoot some good review story that will close the mouths of most of the non believers, that is the right path.
    Radar1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocodove View Post
    "Swiss Made" is a whole other ball of wax and could easily be another 100+ page thread :).

Speaking specifically regarding Ginault, my question is if the watch is "built" or "made" in the USA. There is a difference, neither of which option is necessarily better than the other, but their own markings on the watch are confusing to me. Is simply the caseback manufactured in the USA, while the watch as a whole is assembled in the USA of components from various parts of the world? Again, doesn't particularly matter either way, but my feeling is that consumers should be able to ask these questions to gain clarification if the company chooses to market directly via a watch forum.
    Agreed on both counts. There is probably already a 100+ page thread on the Swiss Made debate...

There is no doubt that there is a distinction to be made based on what we see on the dial (and box interior), and the caseback. I am pretty sure there are some components of the watch that were not manufactured in the USA.

As a slight digression, I've long disliked the WUS "terminology" when using replica, I think it's used incorrectly here. IMHO I think these are the correct words and descriptions:

1. Counterfeit - an illegal copy of a watch that uses the originals branding and name to deceive.
    2. Replica - a 1:1 copy of an existing watch (e.g. Parnis) but one that uses its own branding.
    3. Homage - a copy of an existing watch, but that has been changed (subtle or not) to recreate the aesthetics of the original (e.g. NTH, Steinhart, Raven).

1 is illegal and morally and ethically wrong. 2 is not illegal but there are strong opinions on the ethical/morals of these. 3 is generally considered OK, but again can cause emotions to run riot; steinhart being a good example.

As far a Ginault is concerned it falls into 2 (in my view) and I'm perfectly happy with that; it's not illegal and it looks good (......well apart from the lume colour and the red seconds hand).

I'm prepared to be educated or debate politely this if anyone disagrees!
    kelt, centurionavre, aegir and 4 others like this.
    / Oris 65 Diver 40mm / Tudor Pelagos 25500TN / Eterna 1960 Dress Watch / NTH Barracuda Vintage Black

WPAC Member #01

But doesn't the Ginault differ from the 16610? Closer in some regards to the 5517 - or perhaps better- a collage of the two.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    aegir likes this.

But doesn't the Ginault differ from the 16610? Closer in some regards to the 5517 - or perhaps better- a collage of the two.

If that was for me Radar then I'll bow to your superior knowledge on Rolex subs, they all look very similar to me. That'll put it somewhere between 2 and 3 then......
    Radar1 and aegir like this.

WPAC Member #01

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet99 View Post
    If that was for me Radar then I'll bow to your superior knowledge on Rolex subs, they all look very similar to me. That'll put it somewhere between 2 and 3 then......
    Let's agree on a 2.5. Bit of a mashup between both models.

Hornet99 and aegir like this.

Page 51 of 410 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread Information