CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 597
Like Tree31807Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 597 of 603 FirstFirst ... 97 497 547 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,970 of 6022

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Quote Originally Posted by nobbylon View Post
    I am still amazed that people are buying these from Tsung Chi, aka Thomas Caddell as they are just re-dialled TC Submariners. A lot of money for a Chinese counterfeit Rolex. They themselves very good copies but to be selling them now as mainline watches is quite wrong. When it had Rolex stamped on it everyone was shouting disgrace but now, with a name change, people are actually handing over more than they cost for the same product!
    To be fair, I compared a few TC versions to the Ocean Rover, they may appear to be the same to most people, but to experts the Ocean Rover's production quality and techniques used, a few levels above what TC output. Many on the rep forums even call the OR parts V8 or V9 which clearly shows there are major improvements made. Anyways, I am not here arguing whether or not this came from the same guy but I am telling you a fact. The Ocean Rover's parts, they are pretty amazing, and are not the same level as the few TC Subs I examined. The details and level of production maturity on this is way more advanced. If nothing else, this guy is talented and produces darn nice timepieces.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbylon View Post
    Ok could you just listen for one second as there’s a few errors to correct before you attack me.
    I don’t use facebook apart from maybe once a year to contact an old friend and have NEVER talked on there about TC or Ginault watches. I have bought 2 TC’s in the past, one of which the PLASTIC oblong baton at 6 o’clock fell off. It was never dropped and that was a V6 as I recall. I had email dealings with TC who basically said it was my problem. Counterfeit watch = my problem and I get that. I fixed it myself and sold it. The V2 I bought for my boy was faultless and ran like a champ (gen Swiss Eta 2824-2) I sold that earlier this year as I bought him a gen Sub date as he’d had that TC for 5 years.
    I have never considered, ordered or cancelled any Ginault watch or indeed a Tudor watch as stated above.
    I have not attacked verbally anyone here and had I read the whole 570 odd pages would not have expressed my views on these watches as it has obviously been done before.
    No I’m not new here and have been a watch enthusiast for many years, 45 to be exact and have a varied rotation of watches that I wear. Yes I like 5 digit Rolex but I also like 6 digit. Yes I also have other brands! I do not need my purchases validating by anyone, I buy what I like to wear.
    I am sorry that some of you feel so offended, I honestly am but before you start slamming me at least get your facts correct as I did mine.
    Exactly, as you stated, and your apology is accepted. Welcome to the thread W.
    drttown likes this.

Been staring at this OR2 picture over and over on my computer screen. The details of this watch is truly something else. And a special ceramic insert made to fit a 5 digit Sub. what an idea huh

Name:  ginault-201175lsicn-preview-1.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  234.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by marinemaster View Post
    Off topic can i turn off this ........ “give kin” what is this stupid crap ? It pops up in my phone all the time. Is recent who’s dumb idea was it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, at least in the paid version of Tapatalk. "Settings, Kin Rewards" Slide the toggle off IIRC.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kgrier View Post
    Yes, at least in the paid version of Tapatalk. "Settings, Kin Rewards" Slide the toggle off IIRC.
    Thank you! That’s been bugging me too, I was able to shut it off in the free version of Tapatalk the same way.
    jhinson1 and kgrier like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jarlaxle View Post
    Thank you! That’s been bugging me too, I was able to shut it off in the free version of Tapatalk the same way.
    Just done the same it's been driving me mad, never thought to check the settings.

Discovered night mode too when I was rummaging.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    jhinson1 and kgrier like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Auto View Post
    Just done the same it's been driving me mad, never thought to check the settings.

Discovered night mode too when I was rummaging.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah... about the kin setting <finally!>. I dig night mode - my app never leaves it.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I don't live far from Aria Printing on Mission Blvd. I'm going to go do some investigating.
    ..........never cheer before you know who is winning.........

I sold my blue one to a member here, and just bought it back from him. It is in mint condition and I never should have let it go!

Name:  or00.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  112.0 KB
    Current Rotation: Davosa Ternos, Trident Pro Blue bezel, Trident Pro Green bezel, Trident Pro Black MK3 40mm

Quote Originally Posted by drttown View Post
    I sold my blue one to a member here, and just bought it back from him. It is in mint condition and I never should have let it go!

Looks good! I really like the gilt markings on the blue bezel. I really wish they would make a black and gilt bezel as well

drttown likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerracer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drttown View Post

Looks good! I really like the gilt markings on the blue bezel. I really wish they would make a black and gilt bezel as well

They do, check it out! https://ginault.com/ocean-rover-185066/

Scroll down and you'll see they have green, red and black inserts. All of them with gold numerals. You can probably email John and buy a spare insert (I bought a black one with vintage lume pearl that way).

Thread Information