CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 6
Like Tree29530Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 6 of 415 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Quote Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
    It is clear they are trying hard. But it seems they put quite a bit into this one, over a significant period of time, and want to realise a positive outcome.
    Yes, they are trying hard. But I'm not sure there is the evidence to show they've put a lot of effort in; unless you just take their statements at face value.......
    Schneeflocke likes this.
    / Oris 65 Diver 40mm / Tudor Pelagos 25500TN / Eterna 1960 Dress Watch / NTH Barracuda Vintage Black

WPAC Member #01

Why would you care about his review? You made your mind up already based purely on the semantics used in the OP and clearly have no shred of objectivity left on the matter. Did Ginault do something to you personally at some point?
    Or - you could do exactly that (i.e . "see through BS mumbo jumbo and buzz words") and talk about the product itself. Hate homages? Hate Ginault from a bad trip in a previous life? Clearly something is amiss here for you beyond a suspect choice of words in a description of their project.
    "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Keep up the defense. Maybe Ginault will notice and send you a free "kinetic continuous submersible maritime precision chronometer" in appreciation.
    Hornet99, gwold, mleok and 2 others like this.

The correct attitude. Well spoken.
    Oh, now you are the arbiter of proper behavior? You need to learn to relax in your old age, grandpa.
    Last edited by RNHC; December 23rd, 2016 at 16:28.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet99 View Post
    Feels like your defending this quite aggressively fella! Aside from the marketing hyperbole and that it's another sub clone, it feels like there are a fair number of unanswered questions.......
    Sorry - no dog in this fight at all. Speaking of baseless accusations, lol. What's next - I am getting a kickback?? I have never bought any of their products and haven't ordered this one. I have just never understood caustic and sarcastic forum attitudes that can't get beyond any semblance of objectivity to assess a watch (or anything else) purely on merit. It's a homage? If that sticks in your craw then why are you devoting so much time and effort to it on this thread and the one you started on the other forum? Homages are not your thing so better to focus on something else? Being a sub clone has no bearing on the quality of the product whatsoever - be it a MK II, Steinhart, Armida, Raven or any of a multitude of other brands. The Rolex homage is here to stay, and the scope of that argument won't be conquered here. Unanswered questions can easily be directed to the company via PM or email. If those go unanswered then it does indeed warrant well-founded concern (beyond some ill-advised and superficial choice of words in a marketing pitch). To me the only salient "unanswered questions" revolve around the movement and true origin of some of the parts within. As has been stated numerous times, some of the same questions can be leveled at numerous, famous Swiss watchmaking entities and the answers to those won't be readily forthcoming either.
    Marrin likes this.

Yawn. Marketing hype aside, it's a nice looking homage. However, it is overpriced, even with the discount.

Next!
    LosAngelesTimer likes this.
    The next watch I get will definitively, finally, and without a question, be my last one!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet99 View Post
    Yes, they are trying hard. But I'm not sure there is the evidence to show they've put a lot of effort in; unless you just take their statements at face value.......
    Looks to me like they put together quite a nice watch. I don't believe that is a trivial endeavour.

Quote Originally Posted by RNHC View Post
    "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Keep up the defense. Maybe Ginault will notice and send you a free "kinetic continuous submersible maritime precision chronometer" in appreciation.
    Typical response when someone has nothing else of substance. Keep up the scintillating contributions to our fine forum.
    Steveola likes this.

I have just never understood caustic and sarcastic forum attitudes that can't get beyond any semblance of objectivity to assess a watch (or anything else) purely on merit.
    So called "caustic and sarcastic" attitude is in reaction to Ginault's marketing BS that insults our intelligence.

If that sticks in your craw then why are you devoting so much time and effort to it on this thread and the one you started on the other forum?
    Ooh, that's kinda creepy. Are you stalking me? Here's an idea. How about you take your own advice? If my posts "stick in your craw then why are you devoting so much time and effort" to respond and comment?
    Last edited by RNHC; December 23rd, 2016 at 16:37.

Looks to me like they put together quite a nice watch. I don't believe that is a trivial endeavour.
    .......fair point, it does look nicely put together, but did they do all of that or subcontract it? Either way I've read enough to agree with you that it's not trivial.

Sorry - no dog in this fight at all. Speaking of baseless accusations, lol. What's next - I am getting a kickback?? I have never bought any of their products and haven't ordered this one. I have just never understood caustic and sarcastic forum attitudes that can't get beyond any semblance of objectivity to assess a watch (or anything else) purely on merit. It's a homage? If that sticks in your craw then why are you devoting so much time and effort to it on this thread and the one you started on the other forum? Homages are not your thing so better to focus on something else? Being a sub clone has no bearing on the quality of the product whatsoever - be it a MK II, Steinhart, Armida, Raven or any of a multitude of other brands. The Rolex homage is here to stay, and the scope of that argument won't be conquered here. Unanswered questions can easily be directed to the company via PM or email. If those go unanswered then it does indeed warrant well-founded concern (beyond some ill-advised and superficial choice of words in a marketing pitch). To me the only salient "unanswered questions" revolve around the movement and true origin of some of the parts within. As has been stated numerous times, some of the same questions can be leveled at numerous, famous Swiss watchmaking entities and the answers to those won't be readily forthcoming either.
    I like homages, in fact I'm perfectly happy with clones like this. I've owned them, enjoyed them and then moved on. I started the other thread because I'd seen the advert and checked it out, go back and read my original post as I was picking up on the pricing and the statement about spending 7 years perfecting the mechanism, which is as it turns out is an ETA clone........

I did also say that I didn't want it to turn in to a witch hunt, so was being pretty fair. Hey, I've even raised their profile a little bit. No commission necessary thank you!

This is a watch forum and a debate on a watch is a legitimate topic here BTW. I don't have to email the company if I don't want to and they've started their own thread to defend their product and have done a poor job in my view.......

Fella, let's agree to disagree on this one. I'd hate this to get all nasty.....
    Last edited by Hornet99; December 23rd, 2016 at 16:59.
    RNHC and LosAngelesTimer like this.
    / Oris 65 Diver 40mm / Tudor Pelagos 25500TN / Eterna 1960 Dress Watch / NTH Barracuda Vintage Black

WPAC Member #01

Quote Originally Posted by RNHC View Post
    Oh, now you are the arbiter of proper behavior? You need to learn to relax in your old age, grandpa.
    I don't have grand-kids. Nice work on the hyperbole, lol.

Page 6 of 415 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread Information