CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 657
Like Tree32751Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 657 of 665 FirstFirst ... 157 557 607 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,570 of 6646

Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

FWIW, here's the numbers on my 181070LSILN almost 2 years old. Amplitude and beat error were excellent in all positions.

I was kicking around the idea of ditching this one and getting an OR2, but the in-house movement seems to be perfectly adequate for my needs, and I just don't see the need to upgrade. I think I'll just stick with my OR1 and if the movement ever gives me problems I'll stick in a genuine ETA.

CH 0
    9H +6
    6H +2
    3H +6
    FH +1
    X = 3

Name:  Scan_20200121.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  244.5 KB
    WastedYears likes this.

it’s kind of worrying as I’ve read so many times now that people, if they ever had problems with movements, their experience routes back to a SW200-1

actually kind of surprising with regard to John’s statement:

“In terms of performance and accuracy, based on our experience ETA 2824 (used back in the BM1 days) SW200-1, and our 7275 is all about the same.

In terms of long term durability, both ETA 2824 and SW200-1 have a proven track record. I can't back 7275 with the same statement as it still needs time for it to gain its proven track record. All I can say now is that I wouldn't be surprised if the 7275 turns out a similar report down the road.

That said, Swiss movements are better known and valued more by the general market. Value retention wise, I don't think you can go wrong with having a Swiss movement inside.

There is a lot of incomplete information out there regarding movement quality, durability, and so on. If you spend enough time reading you will find almost all movement brands (ETA, Sellita, STP, Soprod, Eterna) have had their fair share of fail stories. Some say one is better than the other but the reality is, based on our past experience, they are pretty much on par with each other. The real difference is in what the brand does with the movements after receiving them. Many micro or even some major Swiss brands don't QC and regulate their movements after receiving them from the suppliers while they should have done that.

The Swiss movements we receive will go through the same 5-position 6-week in house tuning.”

I received my ORII today. It's a beuatiful watch which looks better in person than in the pictures. The only downside is that I received it with the Sellita movement, when I specified that I wanted the 7275. Already the rotor noise is imo much louder than what it was on my old OR. Add to the fact that I have had only trouble with past SW200s and I might just contact Ginault to see if something can be done about it.

If not, I may just have the Sellita switched with an ETA at my own cost.
    thediesel17 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thediesel17 View Post
    it’s kind of worrying as I’ve read so many times now that people, if they ever had problems with movements, their experience routes back to a SW200-1

“In terms of performance and accuracy, based on our experience ETA 2824 (used back in the BM1 days) SW200-1, and our 7275 is all about the same.

In terms of long term durability, both ETA 2824 and SW200-1 have a proven track record. I can't back 7275 with the same statement as it still needs time for it to gain its proven track record. All I can say now is that I wouldn't be surprised if the 7275 turns out a similar report down the road.

That said, Swiss movements are better known and valued more by the general market. Value retention wise, I don't think you can go wrong with having a Swiss movement inside.

There is a lot of incomplete information out there regarding movement quality, durability, and so on. If you spend enough time reading you will find almost all movement brands (ETA, Sellita, STP, Soprod, Eterna) have had their fair share of fail stories. Some say one is better than the other but the reality is, based on our past experience, they are pretty much on par with each other. The real difference is in what the brand does with the movements after receiving them. Many micro or even some major Swiss brands don't QC and regulate their movements after receiving them from the suppliers while they should have done that.

The Swiss movements we receive will go through the same 5-position 6-week in house tuning.”
    At least with the one I have I'd say it compares as favorably as any other movement I've ever owned including Rolex and several other Swiss movements. The best Japanese movements I've owned are the Miyota 90 series. As with any other movement usually after a year or so any cracks in the foundation are going to show up on the timegrapher. What I'm seeing in all positions is a low beat error, low time variance, great amplitude, and no aberrations in the pallet fork. All of this tells me the movement was well made and well regulated from the beginning. As far as value down the road goes, these watches seem to be selling on the used market for not much less than new. I get that people are going to attribute more worth to a genuine Swiss movement and I feel the same way, but at least at this point I don't see any reason to doubt any of the claims about their "in-house" movement quality.

Avo

Trying to extrapolate from a handful of posts on a watch forum to actual overall failure rates is a futile endeavor; the bias and sampling errors are far too large to reach any meaningful conclusion.
    Sharper Image moonphase, Ronda 708 quartz (my only watch for 20+ years)
    Citizen BM8242-08E Ecodrive, black dial, gold-tone case
    Citizen AP1042-03A Ecodrive moonphase, white dial, gold-tone case
    Sartego Ocean Master SPA27, yellow dial, Miyota 8215
    Christopher Ward C5 Aviator Mark I, black dial, ETA 2824
    Chinese Mechanical Forum 2011 project watch, moonphase, Sea-Gull ST25
    Casio G-Shock AWGM100B-1A, analog solar atomic
    Kadloo Scubamarine, black dial, ETA 2824
    Aevig Huldra, orange dial, Miyota 9015
    Makara Hawksbill Sea Turtle, bronze case, maroon dial, Seiko NH35
    Ginault Ocean Rover, black dial, Ginault 7275
    Boldr Odyssey, white dial, Seiko NH35
    Borealis Portus Cale, white dial, Miyota 9015
    Hamtun Neon, full-lume dial, STP 1-11
    Vratislavia Conceptum Pan-Africa, green dial, Miyota 9015
    Vostoc Classica, white dial, Vostoc 2409
    Limes Pharo Finesse, silvered dial, ETA 6498
    Grails: RGM 801-PS-CE, GO PanoMaticLunar, ALS 1815 moonphase LE

Quote Originally Posted by PixlPutterMan View Post
    Man if that were a 12 hour insert that would be perfect, do you just search for 5 digit sub inserts on ebay or something?
    Yes, if anyone knows of a good source for a 12-hour insert that will work on the OR1, please let us know!
    GarbanzoNegro likes this.
    ------------------------------------

(Almost) every watch a tool watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    Trying to extrapolate from a handful of posts on a watch forum to actual overall failure rates is a futile endeavor; the bias and sampling errors are far too large to reach any meaningful conclusion.
    known and agreed.
    wasn’t just referring to Ginault though, but several brands.
    sample size is still insignificantly small, but nonetheless makes me wonder about the quality of the SW200-1 in general.
    consequently to john’s statement regarding the qc process, failures as such happened to several users’ OR2 movements, should at least be minimized (which could actually be reflected by the affected users here, but would be considerably unlikely)

I honestly think you will need to read A LOT MORE before you have a statistical meaningful data to go by. For every single thread that you read about Sellita, I am sure I can find another thread talking about a failed ETA movement or a failed 3135 movement, or a failed NH35 movement.

My personal experience aligns with what John said there. I have had ETA 2824 that failed on me in the past, I have had issues with SW200 in the past, but I have collected enough to know, one post and one experience from one guy isn't going to change my view on how solid these movements are.

Sellita sells more than 1 million movements a year, supplying to many major and microbrands. If this issue is pandemic, the watch world would have known it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    amen, it's funny how one person had one issue on one movement, and all the sudden the SW200 is an problematic movement.....lol

known and agreed.
    wasn’t just referring to Ginault though, but several brands.
    sample size is still insignificantly small, but nonetheless makes me wonder about the quality of the SW200-1 in general.
    consequently to john’s statement regarding the qc process, failures as such happened to several users’ OR2 movements, should at least be minimized (which could actually be reflected by the affected users here, but would be considerably unlikely)
    Agreed, but this is assuming we know how many there is total, and how many failed from that total. So far we read from one guy, that experienced issue with his SW200.
    Last edited by TheRealTC; 4 Weeks Ago at 21:43.

Thread Information