CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN - Page 98
Like Tree30941Likes

Thread: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

Page 98 of 522 FirstFirst ... 48 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 5215
  1. #971
    Avo
    Avo is offline
    Member Avo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    1,269

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    I like the Ginault's design. I like the various elements that they chose to mash up. I think the quality of the case, bracelet, dial, and (especially!) the crystal is superb. If I lost mine, and a discount was not available, I would pay MSRP to replace it.

    I don't like the NTH designs. Any of them. I passed on the pre-order when you could get one for $400.

    I'm not especially fond of any existing Rolex sub. I don't like the Mercedes hand. I hate the fat Sub-C case. There is absolutely no way I would pay thousands for any of them.

    So: value is different for each of us. Please stop with the blanket one-size-fits-all value statements. They are simply not valid.
    kelt, Radar1, Astropin and 1 others like this.
    Sharper Image moonphase, Ronda 708 quartz (my only watch for 20+ years)
    Citizen BM8242-08E Ecodrive, black dial, gold-tone case
    Citizen AP1042-03A Ecodrive moonphase, white dial, gold-tone case
    Sartego Ocean Master SPA27, yellow dial, Miyota 8215
    Christopher Ward C5 Aviator Mark I, black dial, ETA 2824
    Chinese Mechanical Forum 2011 project watch, moonphase, Sea-Gull ST25
    Casio G-Shock AWGM100B-1A, analog solar atomic
    Kadloo Scubamarine, black dial, ETA 2824
    Aevig Huldra, orange dial, Miyota 9015
    Makara Hawksbill Sea Turtle, bronze case, maroon dial, Seiko NH35
    Ginault Ocean Rover, black dial, Ginault 7275
    Boldr Odyssey, white dial, Seiko NH35
    Borealis Portus Cale, white dial, Miyota 9015
    Hamtun Neon, full-lume dial, STP 1-11
    Vratislavia Conceptum Pan-Africa, green dial, Miyota 9015
    Vostoc Classica, white dial, Vostoc 2409.01
    Grails: RGM 801-PS-CE, GO PanoMaticLunar, ALS 1815 moonphase LE


  2. #972
    Member kelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bretagne/Cote d'Azur, France
    Posts
    1,455

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    Quote Originally Posted by RNHC View Post
    Seems you just undermined Ginault claimed "specialness" with its specially developed copper alloy and all.
    You are wrong again, confusing quality of the material used by Ginault with design of parts.

  3. #973
    Member kelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bretagne/Cote d'Azur, France
    Posts
    1,455

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    Quote Originally Posted by hwa View Post
    ...../But what's your point? That Ginault, at an MSRP of 1300 is better quality or value than an NTH at an MSRP of 600? That's so dim that it's not worth switching on that light. I mean, seriously, duh./....
    NTH at 600 is way overpriced You could get two Armida for one NTH, and qualitywise they are identical since they come from the same place.
    Radar1, Avo and davec like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #974
    Member kelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bretagne/Cote d'Azur, France
    Posts
    1,455

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    Quote Originally Posted by RNHC View Post
    What do you mean provenance? If one equates "provenance" with track record or reputation of the builder, NTH Nacken has it all over Ginault and their preposterous claims, suspect origins, and uncommunicative management that doesn't answer any questions in its own thread that was started by them!/.....
    DocVail designed the NTH, and had the watches build in China then where is the builder's reputation there?

    About design points, I would give negative points to the NTH case design for defacing the almost perfect balance of the early Submariner case.

    Ginault claims no design points others than matching the defunct classic Submariner in looks and felt quality.
    Avo likes this.

  6. #975
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    401

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    Wow seems like the NTH supporters are back for another round of page building. What did Ginault do that pissed off those other micro brands supporters so much?
    Last edited by mf1tym; February 10th, 2017 at 00:21.
    Radar1 and Astropin like this.

  7. #976
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    401

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    Quote Originally Posted by hwa View Post
    I don't even know what you're saying, but that makes two of us. Aether is a US company that tried to make a go of assembling german cases, swiss movements, and dials they designed and had built I don't know where. They don't claim any special provenance, and for what it's worth (that being substantially less than I paid early in my foray into this money pit), most folks won't pay a penny for hand-wind mechanical movements.

    But what's your point? That Ginault, at an MSRP of 1300 is better quality or value than an NTH at an MSRP of 600? That's so dim that it's not worth switching on that light. I mean, seriously, duh.

    Take comfort in your copy; the Aether is at least a beautifully rendered small-seconds dial, and the NTH actually offers design points of its own. The Ginault offers very good quality with zero design points. For that reason, it's effin' boring. I bought it to see what the movement was about, and while you sycophants keep on sycophanting, Ginault remains flat silent, other than to repeat its occasional promise of pulling back the drapes. Take another hit, kiddo, and let me know when the smoke clears. Yeah, some of us keep saying the Emperor is wearing no clothes, but only because this echo chamber keeps getting filled with nonsense.
    I agree. I liked the comparison you wrote for the OR vs Rolex 16610. The OR definitely showed its value through the cost/performance ratio.
    Radar1 and Avo like this.

  8. #977
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    401

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    Correct me if I am wrong. Many major Swiss brands like Omega, Longines, and IWC.....used ETA movements back in the days. Some didn't even bother to do in house upgrade/mods on the movements and were still charging them at the 2k price range back in the days. And those can also be replaced with a $90 clone right?
    Avo and Astropin like this.

  9. #978
    Member hanshananigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,343

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    Quote Originally Posted by kelt View Post
    NTH at 600 is way overpriced You could get two Armida for one NTH, and qualitywise they are identical since they come from the same place.
    For my own understanding... NTH and Armida parts and assembly are done in tthe same factory (ies)? Using the same materials and QC?

  10. #979
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    43* North
    Posts
    1,507

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    Quote Originally Posted by mf1tym View Post
    Wow seems like the NTH supporters are back for another round of page building. What did Ginault do that pissed off those other micro brands supports so much?
    It appears so. Here I was trying to correct a clearly ignorant comment when in truth it is just a bunch of meaningless crying. "The watch isn't worth $1,300 because the movement can be replaced $90" argument is pointless. I guess Gen 1 Tudor Black Bays and Pelagos aren't worth anything. Nor are my CREPAS divers. The argument is so plainly ignorant I would be ashamed to post it.

    If you like NTH, great. Buy one and enjoy it.

    Trying to to tear down the Ginault by posting ignorant arguments will not make the NTH anything more than what it is, an inexpensive, Sub-inspired, made in China, watch.

    The fact these few NTH fans are so focused on the Ginault bashing makes me more suspicious of the NTH brand than anything I have dug up on Ginault.

    Here is a no cost PSA: if you are in the market for an inexpensive Sub inspired watch, buy a Scurfa.
    Radar1, kelt, Avo and 1 others like this.

  11. #980
    Member Radar1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    8,705

    Re: CLASSIC SUBMARINER LOVERS - GINAULT OCEAN-ROVER 181070GSLN

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryeguy View Post
    It appears so. Here I was trying to correct a clearly ignorant comment when in truth it is just a bunch of meaningless crying. "The watch isn't worth $1,300 because the movement can be replaced $90" argument is pointless. I guess Gen 1 Tudor Black Bays and Pelagos aren't worth anything. Nor are my CREPAS divers. The argument is so plainly ignorant I would be ashamed to post it.

    If you like NTH, great. Buy one and enjoy it.

    Trying to to tear down the Ginault by posting ignorant arguments will not make the NTH anything more than what it is, an inexpensive, Sub-inspired, made in China, watch.

    The fact these few NTH fans are so focused on the Ginault bashing makes me more suspicious of the NTH brand than anything I have dug up on Ginault.

    Here is a no cost PSA: if you are in the market for an inexpensive Sub inspired watch, buy a Scurfa.
    Couldn't agree more. The reputed value of the movement is an illogical argument at best. It's just another round of whining from the same members who clearly cannot let this go.
    Last edited by Radar1; February 9th, 2017 at 14:06.
    kelt, Avo and mf1tym like this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 4 guests)

  1. jarlaxle,
  2. 59er,
  3. JohnBPittsburgh

Similar Threads

  1. Ginault Ocean Rover?
    By Hornet99 in forum Affordable watches
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: March 17th, 2019, 22:26
  2. FS: Ginault Base Module 1 - Best Submariner Homage RARE
    By cradams in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 1st, 2015, 16:37
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 16th, 2014, 17:02
  4. $450 GINAULT BASE MODULE 1 BEST ROLEX SUBMARINER HOMAGE WATCH LIKE NEW
    By usbzoso in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 4th, 2014, 04:19
  5. WTB Ginault Sterile Submariner
    By usbzoso in forum WTB - Wanted to Buy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 21st, 2010, 06:58

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •