Deep Blue Master 1000 - First Impressions
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Deep Blue Master 1000 - First Impressions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deep Blue Master 1000 - First Impressions

Just received this watch in the mail. Figured I'd share my initial thoughts. The lighting is terrible in my apartment right now, but I've include a few pics.

First of all, I'm impressed with Deep Blue's response time. I had the watch in hand 2 days after ordering.

This thing is thick. And quite heavy.

The dial is my favorite thing about this watch. It's a great color, and it catches the light beautifully.

The bezel isn't too tight or loose, and it seems to be aligned correctly. There is a bit of play, but it's not bad at all. The ratcheting is a little loud--I prefer a more discreet volume, like with my SKX013.

At first I thought the lume pip on the bezel wasn't centered, but now I'm not sure. It's only sliiighty off, if any.

The crown action is great. screwing and winding are both very smooth.

You may not be able to tell from the photos, and it's hard to tell in person too, but it seems like the gap between the bezel and crystal is uneven. Like the gap is wider at 11:00 than it is at 4:00, for instance. Again, very subtle.

The bracelet has pin/collar links, which I was not prepared for. I had to order a set of long pin pushers so I can hammer out the pins--they're tight! Looking forward to wearing this pepsi beast once I can make the necessary adjustments.
    Name:  IMG_20190606_193732101.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  244.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_20190606_193152989~2.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  232.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20190606_193057979.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  216.1 KB
    guspech750, rafy1 and qrocks like this.

Re: Deep Blue Master 1000 - First Impressions

Sharp looking watch. The QC is a crapshoot. Considering the specs, it’s hard to beat for $150 (I’m assuming you used the discount code).
    Embrace the suck.

FOR SALE: LUMINOX SXC 5027 GMT

With 40% off, it came to 200 shipped. Not a bad deal. Will most likely use it as a beater--if I can get used to the size! This is the biggest watch I own now. We shall see.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

More water resistance than an SXK, a sapphire crystal, applied indices, a NH35 hacking and hand-winding movement, and a better bracelet - all for less than what the SKX sells for (with the Deep Blue discount code). The Master 1000 and the NATO Diver 300 always made me wonder why the Seiko costs as much as it does considering economies of scale with Deep Blue contracting a few hundred at a time, and Seiko pumping them out by the thousands every month.
    RFCII and guspech750 like this.

Nice! Congrats on the watch. I just ordered mine a few days ago too. Hope to get it early next week.

"What is to give light, must endure burning."

Quote Originally Posted by eleven pass View Post
    With 40% off, it came to 200 shipped. Not a bad deal. Will most likely use it as a beater--if I can get used to the size! This is the biggest watch I own now. We shall see.
    Is it the 40mm version?
    Embrace the suck.

FOR SALE: LUMINOX SXC 5027 GMT

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldUlyssesSwanson View Post
    Is it the 40mm version?
    The 44mm.

Sorry, didn't realize there was a 40mm. Would have specified right off the bat, otherwise.
    By the way, the lume is pretty pathetic. Hands are ok, but the indices are very dim.
    Name:  IMG_20190607_185347877.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  94.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_K View Post
    More water resistance than an SXK, a sapphire crystal, applied indices, a NH35 hacking and hand-winding movement, and a better bracelet - all for less than what the SKX sells for (with the Deep Blue discount code). The Master 1000 and the NATO Diver 300 always made me wonder why the Seiko costs as much as it does considering economies of scale with Deep Blue contracting a few hundred at a time, and Seiko pumping them out by the thousands every month.
    You make an excellent point! As with anything, brand recognition helps to keep Seiko prices where they're at, I suppose. And maybe peace of mind? I'd be more confident that I could get my SKX repaired/replaced if needed a bit easier than the Deep Blue.
    The lume on a Seiko compared to the Deep Blue in the shot above probably makes it worth the $ for a lot of people.
    Not to mention availability of mods

Still looking forward to giving this one some wrist time!
    Lee_K likes this.

Oh man that's unfortunate about the lume!

"What is to give light, must endure burning."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information