Dificiano Marlin (Kickstarter)
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Watches503
  • 1 Post By Michael 808
  • 1 Post By BigBluefish

Thread: Dificiano Marlin (Kickstarter)

Dificiano Marlin (Kickstarter)

I was on one of the Facebook Groups when I first saw the black version of these prototypes and I immediately had to see if theyíd let me try one of the prototypes, so here we are.

I am not getting paid for this, no free watch will come my way and I donít receive a discount for this. They will pay for the cost of shipping it back but thatís it.

Iím not a reviewer. Iím just here showing off the eye candy that I love about this watch and Iím happy to answer any questions.

I will say that it looks and feels like itís done by one of the 2-3 most popular factories that we are seeing used by Helm, Borealis, Halios, NTH, etc. I have no idea which one and I felt it would be rude for me to ask. The construction is really solid and I love the brushed finished. For all these specs and cheaper than Helm prices, I think itís a no brainer.

Please keep in mind that this one has been used by whoever before me plus for demo pictures so there are signs of wear.

I didnít get to choose which prototype Iíd receive but I definitely wanted this one or the blue one with black bezel.

The owner mentioned that the ratchet clasp will either say Marlin or have a Marlin on it.

8.3in-8.5in wrist

Killer lume !

Specs from KS page:
    CASE : ō40 mm, 316L Stainless Steel
    BEZEL: ō41.5 mm, 316L Stainless Steel
    CROWN: Triple sealed screw down crown
    MEASUREMENT: Lug width 20mm, lug to lug 50mm, thickness 13.9mm including domed Sapphire and 12.4 to the bezel only
    MOVEMENT: Automatic NH35
    CRYSTAL: Double domed sapphire glass with inner anti-reflective coating
    DIAL: Five colors, sunray finish or ceramic coated with applied indices and lumed chapter ring
    LUME: Swiss Superluminova
    BEZEL: Unidirectional rotatable 120 position ceramic insert with lume filled markers
    WATERE RSITANCE: 300m
    STRAP: Solid stainless steel bracelet with ratcheting clasp for easy adjustment

Thanks for viewing!
    Luis
    bbrou33 likes this.
    Instagram: @divers_mainly

Re: Dificiano Marlin (Kickstarter)

Looks like the Jenny diver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It is the hour of pearlóthe interval between day and night when time stops and examines itself."
    -j. steinbeck

Looks pretty good, especially the bracelet, unsure about that chapter ring though...
    Watches503 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
    Looks like the Jenny diver.

I had that silver Jenny Caribbean but other than the hour and minute hand, itís hard to agree with you.

Pic from Google

Instagram: @divers_mainly

Honestly just looks like another "run of the mill" microbrand dive watch. I do like the contrasting chapter rings, but I am not a fan of the monotone font. I feel like something is missing.
    Doesn't matter what time the watch says, it's always Beer:Thirty!

Instagram: @southpawstl15

I kinda like it. Not as much as the Jenny, which I wish I had bought (though it's a bit too large, IMHO) but it has a sort of I don't know, playful vibe to it. Seems to me more of a "beach watch" than a dive watch, if that makes any sense. 50mm lug-to-lug on a 40mm case seems a bit long to me, though.
    Tanjecterly likes this.
    The Now Not-So-Much Diminished WishList: Newmark 71 black (maybe silver, too); Precista PRS-3 (upcoming quartz versioin, black); Precista Caribbean (undecided on color); Seiko Shogun; Sinn: 104 Black or White.

Quote Originally Posted by ctf0015 View Post
    I feel like something is missing.
    Like a reasonably priced shipping charge...

Can't even estimate the number of micro's I've bought and Kickstarter's I've backed... $40 shipping to the US? Pass.

Thread Information